FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Damn hard to earn money online...

johans
how hard and easy too earn money online? How do you do your online works? part time or full time?
truespeed
If your good at making wordpress templates sell them on here,the top sellers make thousands.

There are other similar sites to sell your themes so you should/could place them on as many of them as possible to maximize possible sales.
johans
truespeed wrote:
If your good at making wordpress templates sell them on here,the top sellers make thousands.

There are other similar sites to sell your themes so you should/could place them on as many of them as possible to maximize possible sales.

Thanks for the tips truespeed...
kenxeiko
truespeed wrote:

Thanks for the idea too.
I think I could make some. Off course, I'm just going to make it cheap, at least I got money a lil bit (well, it's just if my theme is good enough and people like it).

Anyway, thanks.
ankitdatashn
It varies a lot, someone like creating a millionaire webpage might earn million(s) in a few days and someone might not earn tenth of that in decades! Very Happy
Cosmoslayer
Find real job offline. Period!
k_verbal
yep totally agreed to this yet I am enjoying it at the same time. Very Happy
D'Artagnan
money is the value perceived by people for a product price, if it is easy,common or doesn't require specific knowlegde probably no one will pay for you to do it...
wellerchap
If you're selling a service, the other suggestions may work - if you're selling a hard product, get it on Ebay...it's becoming more & more the market place for lots of people, and really (along with Amazon) giving the high street a kicking.
spinout
Hm, how about a sponsored portal?
deanhills
Found this interesting video on money making ideas! Real fun ones among them.

Skiing_Is_Euphoria
i hear that social networking sites are rather lucrative
pauline123
Making money online, is not an easy thing to do. The best advice I have found is that if you can find something that you enjoy to do. Do it. Then figure out how to monetize it. Say if you like to blog, find a way to monetize that blog. If you like to create Wordpress themes monetize it. If you give good advice that people would be willing to pay for do so.
nickfyoung
johans wrote:
how hard and easy too earn money online? How do you do your online works? part time or full time?

There is a way that does work.

Open an affiliate account with Amazon.
Set up a free blog with Blogger.
Pick a product to promote from Amazon and do a Blogger page as your add. Copy and paste straight from Amazon with pictures.
Write an article about your product using the name in the title as a keyword for Google. Put your link to your Blogger page in your bio box.
Submit your article to Ezine Articles.
Google will pick up your article and put it on their first page. When someone reads your article they will click on your link to your add in Blogger and then click on your Amazon affiliate link and go to Amazon and buy and you get a commission.

Once you have done a few of these for different products on a different page each on Blogger it will become easy and you will be able to do it fairly quickly. Once you have lots and lots done watch the commissions roll in.
the-guide
Same as every jobs around the world, someone succeed but someone fail. You have to try it to know. You have to learn if it fits for you or not. And you will know is it hard or easy for you to earn money online?

However, one thing I would like to remind you, not all sites on the net can be trusted there are many sites are true and trustable while many sites are scam. You MUST search for the information as much as you can before you have decided.

Good luck.

Josso
I got hit by some bank charges recently and I actually considered coding all external links from my forums through one of those ad redirect type services. I didn't do it in the end though. Too much I think.
metalfreek
Here is my mantra on making money online.

1. Don't think about earning money. It will frustrate you if you fail and in most case you will if you are new.
2. Do what you like, don't do things for sake of earning more. You will never get too far.
3. Be patient. You will not earn money quickly or easily following the genuine way.

4. Be patient. (I know its point number 3 but its important so lets repeat it.)

5. Work hard.
IceCreamTruck
Cosmoslayer wrote:
Find real job offline. Period!

I like this.... simple, and to the point. There are tons of schemes to make money online, but none of them really pan out unless you put a lot of time and effort into it. Sometimes you don't even have a guarantee that what you are doing will make money. Most who make good money online were/and are lucky to do so, as most people will only generate traffic, get spammed a lot, and will never be cut any kind of check for their efforts. Don't believe that you can waste time on this idea? just search "how to make money online" and if you haven't made money by the end of the day, and you have no idea if you will get paid by the end of the week then it's a loop that you can get caught in forever, and it's right where most of those online scams want you -- confused, and about to try spending money to make money. You can, of course, avoid this by following "Cosmoslayer"'s advice, and get a real world job instead. Preferably one where you will be paid by weeks end.
dannygarcia
Skiing_Is_Euphoria wrote:
i hear that social networking sites are rather lucrative

They are but it's really really difficult making money on them now, about 2 years ago it was alot easier. I've managed to make 3000 at least from adsense on one of my apps. It was a game. What i did was i linked the app to a page that got viral, its too hard making money from fb these days though
ayour
it is , unless you have a nice website with thousands of visitors
playfungames
Well to make money online, it takes work at first. A lot of work will get you to a place where you will be making stable income and if everything goes well, it will be better than your offline job. But for that you need time. It may be in one year or more that you will begin to generate enough earnings from the internet.

But then, you will be facing a lot of competition due to the global nature of the internet. The changes in online technologies can also be very sensitive in your earnings. So you will have to be very careful all the time and scan the online environment to sustain.

If you ask me, personally I think that it is possible to generate a living online but not everyone can do it and even the ones who do it might have the chances to fail in the future if they are not able to cope with the changing environment.
pauline5765
It is very difficult indeed. Sad

Some people advice to write something over the internet, make a blog or something. But as far as I know, that industry would need like years (around 1~3) to prosper. I mean, you have to earn loyal visitors that would visit your site often and consistent content that would make them visit again next time. And, if you're not a writer, it would be hard for you and it may take you to do some full-time (w/c is impractical coz there's a big risk that you can lose visitors anytime).

Another advice is using etoro.com and do some forex trading. I tried the practice trading session and used some virtual money, but at the same I lose just everything. Good thing it wasn't real.

Some websites connect bridges bet. employers and freelancers and if you have the skills, you can go to fiverr.com or odesk.com and get some jobs. It may be a pain at first, well, but it is a pain to get an interview when you don't have experience in real life as well!
bossmustang
im 14 and iv been trying to strt buisnes for like 3 years online
RosenCruz
Making money is never easy. Today kids see web as a treasure wreck or sth I guess. Making serious money requires time, effort and investment Cool
Aredon
Has anyone considered the app market on iOS or Android? I mean, I know it's kind of a sink or swim kind of thing, but if you're looking for supplemental income those markets are crawling with buyers.
ghyster
Though I've never ventured into online business but I guess it ain't easy. Anyway, I always wanted to know how much exactly does google adsense pays for a site that has an average of 300-500 regular users, supposing they click on the adverts one per day.
appsapps
Have you considered getting a job or 2 through oDesk? You can make a lot of money through there if you have any kind of skills. It's not passive income though...no earning while you sleep. You have to actually work for it.
Aredon
appsapps wrote:
Have you considered getting a job or 2 through oDesk? You can make a lot of money through there if you have any kind of skills. It's not passive income though...no earning while you sleep. You have to actually work for it.
this ^^ I do all of my online work through oDesk now. It takes some time to get set up but it's completely worth it. It takes pretty much all the worry out of dealing with clients online. Whether or not you'll be paid, etc.

However, appsapps is correct, this would be active income.
drunkenkoz
I make money by developing website for people. I release free templates which act as a sort of portfolio where people can look at the free and premium templates then requests my services from there if they want something a little more custom. I mainly develop for the software MyBB.
RosenCruz
I do believe that quality content can still bring good money Wink
alvarorojas4
Did you tried Neobux?
It's a nice site, you can earn money if you take seriously that!
rx9876
RosenCruz wrote:
I do believe that quality content can still bring good money Wink

When I surfing the webmaster forum,
those webmasters post their payment proof of advertisement network.
Their monthly income are more than my annually revenue.

The content is important, and the traffic sources are also VERY important.
The rates for USA is 0.2~0.45, but it's 0.005~0.05 for Asia.
masterekat
I earn just a little bit by doing surveys for market research companies. It's not a lot, maybe $30 a month or so, depending on how much time you spend on it, but the extra spending cash is always nice, and the work is extremely easy. You could do it while watching tv if you spend a lot of time doing that anyway. Basically you just set up a dummy email account and whenever you want to earn, you log into it, click an email to open a new survey and start answering questions. Sometimes you'll get lucky and qualify for a survey where they'll send you a free product to sample, or you'll make it into a focus group where you'll earn a bigger reward. One time I got a $50 Amazon card for participating in an hour long focus group for the new version of Microsoft Office.

If anyone is interested, shoot me a pm. There are a lot of survey sites out there that are scams, but I've been doing this for a few years and I could set you up with a list of legit ones. You'll have a pile of emails to wade through within a few days. I'd post them here, but I'm new and I'm not sure if I'd get in trouble for spamming my links or something like that. Very Happy
deanhills
masterekat wrote:
If anyone is interested, shoot me a pm. There are a lot of survey sites out there that are scams, but I've been doing this for a few years and I could set you up with a list of legit ones. You'll have a pile of emails to wade through within a few days. I'd post them here, but I'm new and I'm not sure if I'd get in trouble for spamming my links or something like that. Very Happy
That's great thanks .... I'll send a PM once I'm settled after my holidays. Am anticipating a brutal week at work this week.
dude_xyx
Yes content writers/ copy writers can earn well, specially since last year Google Panda and Penguin updates. A popular myth is working online is so easy that you could earn money even without working. Earning online might be harder than from a day from. But the cool thing about it is you decide time and earnings. Harder you work more money you can earn. There is a huge market out there for everything. When you work online you have no excuses or blame anymore like in a day job.
playfungames
I think making money online varies. For some it is really hard and for some they are in such a position that money just flows from their online sites/works.

The thing is that it is really difficult to start making money online. You cannot just make a website, add content and expect dollars to pour into your bank. You will have to do a lot of hard work promoting your product, getting customers, getting good reviews, finding ways to reach your customers and all those other marketing tasks. Then once you have done what it takes to have a popular product on the web, you can expect to make a decent amount of money.

But there is also a lot of competition online when different changes might occur and your once famous website/product might not be useful or famous anymore. So you also must plan ahead to adapt to such dynamic changes happening online.

And if you manage to do all that well, you make money and if not you can expect your revenue to be quite steep.
nickfyoung
I have my blog up to more than 200 visitors a day now but still not making any money. Even though there are plenty of visitors, getting them to click on something is the hard part let alone sell them something when they do.
grofet
It is very easy to got money from online business for some people. You just have to work hard to achieve your goal. You can try create a very informative site to many people with a lot of update everyday, and i believe your site will have many visitors in the future. Create a valuable thing on the net for other people is the secret. It is have to be creative and innovative. When it's fail, you should try and try again and never give up.
deanhills
grofet wrote:
It is very easy to got money from online business for some people. You just have to work hard to achieve your goal. You can try create a very informative site to many people with a lot of update everyday, and i believe your site will have many visitors in the future. Create a valuable thing on the net for other people is the secret. It is have to be creative and innovative. When it's fail, you should try and try again and never give up.
I like that. Very soon I'll have to try a project like that. My employment may be coming to an end in October next year, and jobs are hard to come by. I'd prefer to find something like an online business to provide a niche service, not sure what that can be yet.
raaeft1
In my experience,slow and steady wins the race.
Google Ads are the best although it may take a long time to earn the minimum $100 for Google to pay you.
hitose
Hello! Any person says "Adsense" It's good business, is wrong, has long ceased to be a profitable business to get some profit takes a little over a million hits a month, something that many people fails, regardless of the topic of your blog or site, google penalty many things such as using traffic generators, click's guided among other things as adult content.

No way to make money, everything is slow, the best way is to sell something made by ourselves, something like E-book's.
deanhills
princezz wrote:
hi i am a student and I am doing online business ..I got reseller account from this site http://www.goresellers.com and i am selling domains,hosting plans etc. . I am involved in this reseller business for more than a couple of years and have earned quite a good sum of amount.I am doing this as a side line business.
If we had a +1 button I'd have selected it princezz. Going to check out this site for sure. ^.^
nickfyoung
I have had my blog up and running for almost a year now and am getting 1200/1500 visitors each month and growing steadily. These are all organic hits from the search engines and haven't done any promotion or back linking etc. I just post internet marketing and affiliate marketing articles that are delivered free into my blog daily. I post three each day which involves a small bit of copy and paste which takes 5/10 mins max. There are more than 70 of these article backlogged and waiting to publish and the blog has almost 1000 posts.
I have not monetized for income yet so it is all ready for some one to take over and take to the next level. Some one who can promote it and make an income from it. I recently added a dating site link and am getting a few clicks each day.
I was wondering if it would be salable now. It would have to be transferred from here of course. Is there any one knowledgeable in this area.
truespeed
Nick just stick adsense on it,if it is getting traffic it is worth keeping and with adsense you will make a little income from it.
nickfyoung
truespeed wrote:
Nick just stick adsense on it,if it is getting traffic it is worth keeping and with adsense you will make a little income from it.

That is an option but we are starting to get packed up and getting ready to get the house on the market ready for a move to the Philippines.
That means I won't have regular internet access for a few months while we build a house which will put my posting and hosting on here in jeopardy. It seems a shame to waste all that work so I thought if it was salable then some could could take it on and benefit from the ground work done.

This is my third go at it. The first two blogs were up to the same stage and shut down by my hosting company because I was using too much of their bandwidth. That happened twice with two different hosting companies which is why I opted for free hosting on here.
zimmer
truespeed wrote:

I tried adsense application but i always get failed.

I have commission junction and amazon ads but i dont get any profit from it start from the start. I guess its my 2 year and i dont earn any money from it. lol

I have check my analytics it shows only 3 click sometime 0 clicks in 3 months.
zimmer
truespeed wrote:

I tried ad-sense application but i always get failed.

I have commission junction and amazon ads but i don't get any profit from it start from the start. I guess its my 2 year and i don't earn any money from it. lol

I have check my analytic it shows only 3 click sometime 0 clicks in 3 months.
truespeed
zimmer wrote:

I tried ad-sense application but i always get failed.

From reading on webmaster forums I get the impression adsense are more choosy on what sites they allow into the adsense programme,when I first joined it was easy to get in,they pretty much allowed any site to join.

It would be worth while investigating what type of sites they allow,then you could create an adsense friendly site,and once you're in,you can then add adsense to all your sites.

nickfyoung wrote:

That is an option but we are starting to get packed up and getting ready to get the house on the market ready for a move to the Philippines.
That means I won't have regular internet access for a few months while we build a house which will put my posting and hosting on here in jeopardy. It seems a shame to waste all that work so I thought if it was salable then some could could take it on and benefit from the ground work done.

This is my third go at it. The first two blogs were up to the same stage and shut down by my hosting company because I was using too much of their bandwidth. That happened twice with two different hosting companies which is why I opted for free hosting on here.

The problem with trying to sell it is.

A: It doesn't have a full domain,only a frihost subdomain,so you are only really selling the content,which while I am sure has value,the fact that you admit to mostly "copy paste" I am not sure how much.
B: It has no proof of earnings,buyers who buy sites usually buy a site on the basis it is already earning,and they see potential through increased traffic in improving those earnings.

I think if you message Bondings,or just make a post in the help forums then I think Bondings will keep your account open for the time you're away.

Alternatively you could move all your content to a blogspot or a wordpress free blog in the meantime.
nickfyoung
Yes, what I would be selling is only the content basically and the fact that a thousand posts have been added evenly over a year making it Google friendly. The posts are all fresh articles from an article submission service and delivered into the blog directly. I just have to copy the title and tags into the blog SEO and click publish. That is all set up to carry on with making it a very easy way to continue to grow visitors.
What I was thinking is that if some one had the know how to promote and set up for income then the ground work has all been done and it could be taken into income earning quite simply. Wish I was clever enough to do that myself.
aminchhipa
Making money on internet its not an easy task. Now a days there are many website available which provides guaranty for earning online but the problem with this site is that they mostly ask for some registration fees and may be this all are scams. So instead of getting these all stuffs its easy way to earn offline.
BigGeek
aminchhipa wrote:
Making money on internet its not an easy task. Now a days there are many website available which provides guaranty for earning online but the problem with this site is that they mostly ask for some registration fees and may be this all are scams. So instead of getting these all stuffs its easy way to earn offline.

I agree with this, I get ads for "Money Making Online" all the time, so many of the claim that they are simple easy ways to earn an income on line. Make $300 a day copy and pasting! And just tons more, every time you go to see what it is about they are asking for a registration fee and typically a monthly payment.

The few that I tried many years ago were just a waste of time, involved huge number of hours up front to set up and get working and the pay out was minimal. Maybe if I had months to devote to it for no pay it might have started earning money, but in the short term it was a lot of work for little income.

The typical ideas are affiliate marketing, ebay selling, surveys for money, coupon and website sign ups for money, writing reviews or articles, multilevel marketing. All of them good ideas to earn money, but if you are looking for a quick way to earn some money, they are not it.

I'd love to know if any one has ever had any success with any of these? Hell I'd take a $100 a day from one if it was only an hour or two worth of work!

I have always said, if these internet income gurus were so damn sure of their system, why don't they give it away, and ask for 5% or 10% off of their clients earnings. Scamming people out of a one time fee and a few monthly payments for something that is a waste of time seems pointless to earning 10% off of hundreds of people making thousands per month!

I guess the problem is they really don't have any thing that really makes any money, so they have to scam for the money they do get!!!
raaeft1
Recently, I had posted about Google Ads as a way to earn money online.However, I have changed my opinion in the context of my experience with Google Adsense.

I am not justifying myself but Google, which cancelled my Adsense account, did not even consider my review application in which I clearly mentioned that I was a newbie designing the web site and a few ads were clicked by mistake. Also, my plea that a news portal would get many hits was not appreciated.

So, the best way of earning online could be to go in for affiliate marketing and ads from other companies and institutions which are not so rigid.
BigGeek
raaeft1 wrote:
Recently, I had posted about Google Ads as a way to earn money online.However, I have changed my opinion in the context of my experience with Google Adsense.

I am not justifying myself but Google, which cancelled my Adsense account, did not even consider my review application in which I clearly mentioned that I was a newbie designing the web site and a few ads were clicked by mistake. Also, my plea that a news portal would get many hits was not appreciated.

So, the best way of earning online could be to go in for affiliate marketing and ads from other companies and institutions which are not so rigid.

Even affiliate marketing has gotten harder over the last decade, used to be you could become an affiliate and didn't even need a website to advertise with Google, MSN, or Yahoo, you could advertise your affiliate page and earn money. Now you have to have your own webpage they will not let you advertise an affiliate page. Plus your ads have to look unique they cannot look like the affiliate ad page or they will pull you ad.

Also it used to be that with any email like Yahoo, hotmail and the like you could send out you affiliate links to customers on a mass email. Now you have to pay for the service and if you attempt to back door that and send them anyway you have to fill in a cypher on every email.

I had read a blog not to long ago going over all this and the writer was pointing out how the ease of earning money on the web has changed and things have become more difficult for that now!!

I would love it if I could find a way to earn decent money off of the web without having to wade through rip offs, scams, and the rest of the crap out there!!

Oh well, one can always hope!
deanhills
BigGeek wrote:
I would love it if I could find a way to earn decent money off of the web without having to wade through rip offs, scams, and the rest of the crap out there!!
Me too! I guess the only way to do it is to have one's own business online. Still got to figure out what online businesses are relatively easy to run, and earn money with.
raaeft1
I was recently introduced to SFI. But it is very difficult to earn money instantly.It requires lots of time,effort and patience to achieve tangible results.
playfungames
My experience with money making online tells me that it is really hard to make money online. We have to be really consistent for years. We have to build contents, market the contents and continue doing it over and over again. There is also a thing called global competition when we try to make money online.

Also, the returns that is enough to make a living does not come immediately. We have to work with no returns at first and if we are lucky and what we did was right, we will see some sort of returns but the amount will be too small. Then after a long period may be even greater than a year, some people actually make it online.

But then the environment changes rapidly. For example how smartphones got really popular. Those things can be a threat to our online money generating projects. We always have to watch out.

So, according to me making money online is really tough for most of us.
sysna
With many people wanting to earn easy money while they sit in their home under air conditioner of course it will be a lot hard to make money online. By the way with new ideas it is not hard at all but most people are trying to do something which have been done before.

New ideas needs lots of thinking and after you found one you should do it fast other wise you may find you ideas done by other.

I don't like these ptc sites like neobux and etc, because you will get a lot less money for the work you do ! freelancers is just a lot better, some tasks you do in PTC sites will give you aroun 20 cents while doing them in freelancers will give you at least 5$ which shows that most PTC sites are keeping most of the earned money for themselves.
raaeft1
Making money online is not all that easy.It requires persistence and hard work. Luck also plays a role as almost everyone online might be trying to earn money. So it is a tough competition.
mahirh
You cannot create something out of nothing. You will have to invest quality time or you might not get very far in your quest and you might be better-off offline. If you think you have time to go around, you could try Amazon mTurk. They are very reliable and not that meticulous or laborious. If you don't happen to have enough time, i would suggest creating good content for the internet. Learning to code is also a very good idea. You could also learn animation or motion graphics. Freelancing is a very good opportunity to earn money. One could easily find it easier to manage than fooling people into affiliate get-rich-quick schemes. But at the end of the day, Jobs should involve laborious work, they should motivate you into growing and learning more. Experience is the best teacher, as they say. Time is always too precious to waste.
barma
For me, online is only one way... there's a thousand way to Rome. If its getting so hard, just take another way. Simple... but yet frustrating. Very Happy