FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

VPS1 problems

Bondings
VPS1 is currently unavailable. The datacenter is apparently moving (and maybe also upgrading) the VPS. I don't have much information about it at the moment.
darkeagle
My sites seem available, but cpanel is not available. And my new changes turned to 8 hours back...

I wonder when this process will be completed. I wish we have no problem when this completed...
Bondings
cPanel should be working again. However there still seem to be quite some problems that I'm trying to fix now. My apologies for the problems.
Bondings
Most things should be back to normal again. Most of the websites are now however on a different ip address, which might cause a problem if you have a domain and used an A record to our ip address instead of the nameservers. In that case either contact me or change the ip (you can find it in cPanel).

There might still be a problem with delivering emails as I just caught a hacked account sending out spam. Normally that should be completely resolved in a few days.
darkeagle
Problems of e-mail and wordpress seem fixed.

I know you're trying to fix but I'm gonna tell you about for some errors just for your information.

Firstly, one of my sites always says "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of ... bytes exhausted (tried to allocate ... bytes) in /home/.../....php on line ...". I never get this problem before for that site.

Second, My disk space usage increased. Now: 257.34 / 250 MB, before ~240 / 250 MB.

And I'm searching for other errors Smile
Bondings
What about now? I increased the php memory size from 32 to 64MB (maximum).

About the disk space I don't think I can do anything about that. I will most likely increase disk space and bandwidth (although I can't guarantee it will be the same as on the other servers), but only after removing a lot of inactive accounts and some other maintenance I have to do before.
darkeagle
I solved my disk space problem by deleting unnecessary files.

I think my wordpress installation limits memory to 16M. I'm searching about this now.

Edit: I found code that limits, I changed it and it returned to working well...
darkeagle
Now, I'm getting 500 Internal Server Error oftenly Sad
Bondings
darkeagle wrote:

I'm not sure if suPHP was installed on the server, but currently it is. In any case, most likely this happens because you have a directory/file set to 777 permissions. suPHP is giving an error in that case and you should set it to at most 644 or 755.
darkeagle
Bondings wrote:
darkeagle wrote:

I'm not sure if suPHP was installed on the server, but currently it is. In any case, most likely this happens because you have a directory/file set to 777 permissions. suPHP is giving an error in that case and you should set it to at most 644 or 755.

I don't think this is caused by file permissions. Because cPanel had this error too. But now, it seems working fine. I never get this error for half an hour.

Edit: It continues...
johans
Bondings wrote:
What about now? I increased the php memory size from 32 to 64MB (maximum).

About the disk space I don't think I can do anything about that. I will most likely increase disk space and bandwidth (although I can't guarantee it will be the same as on the other servers), but only after removing a lot of inactive accounts and some other maintenance I have to do before.

Hi Bondings, How about the Server 4 is the memory will be increased to 64MB?
Bondings
johans wrote:
her servers), but only after removing a lot of inactive accounts and some other maintenance I have to do before.

Hi Bondings, How about the Server 4 is the memory will be increased to 64MB?[/quote]
If there is a need to. do you get errors? However please create a different topic about it.
adri
Everything seems to be working on my webhost. Smile

I do have some blank pages in one of my PHP-scripts that weren't there before the move. It's quite a memory-intensive script/app so it's probably due to that. (It works fine half of time though)

adri
darkeagle
When I have 500 Internal Server Error, cPanel giving this error:

Quote:
Can't fork at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeRun/InOut.pm line 22.

at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeRun/InOut.pm line 22
Cpanel::SafeRun::InOut::inout('GLOB(0x26adcc0)', 'IO::Handle=GLOB(0x25fadd0)', '/usr/local/cpanel/cpanel', './frontend/x3/files/selfile.html') called at cpsrvd-ssl line 6718
main::cpHandler() called at cpsrvd-ssl line 2138
main::dodoc_cpaneld() called at cpsrvd-ssl line 1459
main::dodoc('HASH(0xd99680)') called at cpsrvd-ssl line 1202
main::handle_one_connection() called at cpsrvd-ssl line 863

cpsrvd/11.32.2.25 Server at www.serven.net

Other cPanel error:

Quote:
No response from subprocess with exit signal: 1

cpsrvd/11.32.2.28 Server at www.serven.net
darkeagle
I'm always getting "[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]" error at cPanel.

And those Internal server errors are making me crazy Brick wall
watersoul
Still having problems?

I haven't made any changes at my end but getting this on all my domains now:

Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator,
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

**EDIT** All OK again now
Bondings
I am trying several fixes and have contacted the datacenter support about the issue. I hope this will fix it. Again my apologies about the problems.
Bondings
The support said they fixed it on their end. Please check if it is and keeps working fine from now on.
darkeagle
Bondings wrote:
The support said they fixed it on their end. Please check if it is and keeps working fine from now on.

Nothing changed. It still continues Sad
Bondings
darkeagle wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Could you please provide some url's that are giving a problem? And how often does it occur?
darkeagle
Bondings wrote:
darkeagle wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Could you please provide some url's that are giving a problem? And how often does it occur?

When I tried this morning, errors still continue but rarely than before.

When this error happens, all of my pages or domains give 500 internal server error page and all of cpanel pages say "a fatal error, timeout occurred" (something like this, I can't remember exactly) or say "Can't fork at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeRun/InOut.pm line 22."

After a couple of minutes everythings turn back to normal, but some time later this errors will be again...

I'm trying new things in my websites, and still editing files in cPanel for a week. For 3 hours there is no errors (maybe it still continues but I didn't encounter), but when you said it fixed, there was same errors.
Bondings
I have contacted the datacenter support again. At least for the cPanel one, I think this is caused by the VPS software parameters, so most likely only the support can fix it.

I have to say that I tried several times to access the websites and cPanel during the day after the supported 'fixed' it and haven't encountered the errors. Of course if you are working on your website, you have a better view of it than I who checked it a few times during the day. Anyway, please keep me/us updated if the errors continue (and also if you don't get them anymore).
watersoul
Bondings wrote:
I am trying several fixes and have contacted the datacenter support about the issue. I hope this will fix it. Again my apologies about the problems.

I've had a couple of downtime notices, 20 mins or so this morning but all seem ok since then so cheers for whatever has happened in the background, no worries with apologies either, I appreciate your swift response for a free service Smile
darkeagle
Bondings wrote:
I have contacted the datacenter support again. At least for the cPanel one, I think this is caused by the VPS software parameters, so most likely only the support can fix it.

I have to say that I tried several times to access the websites and cPanel during the day after the supported 'fixed' it and haven't encountered the errors. Of course if you are working on your website, you have a better view of it than I who checked it a few times during the day. Anyway, please keep me/us updated if the errors continue (and also if you don't get them anymore).

I just tried and errors continue. But now, turning back to normal takes short time than before.

There is one more another error too in cPanel:
Code:
Internal Server Error
500 No response from subprocess with exit signal: 1 (or 0 sometimes)
Bondings
watersoul wrote:
Bondings wrote:

I've had a couple of downtime notices, 20 mins or so this morning but all seem ok since then so cheers for whatever has happened in the background, no worries with apologies either, I appreciate your swift response for a free service Smile

I restarted the vps 2 times yesterday morning, if I remember correctly. So that might have caused it.

@darkeagle, unfortunately it's a lot harder to get the support to fix something that happens infrequently. I got a "everything is running fine" response now. Anyway, is the current level of errors ok for you for a while? I hope to improve it a bit by removing a lot of accounts (there are a lot of inactive accounts of users not visiting for years), but that's going to take a while as cPanel account removal is a bit of a hell to me (slow, ...).
darkeagle
Bondings wrote:
@darkeagle, unfortunately it's a lot harder to get the support to fix something that happens infrequently. I got a "everything is running fine" response now.

You are right. Computers are always like that. Customers call me to fix their PCs, when I went there, there is no problem and works perfectly Smile

Bondings wrote:
Anyway, is the current level of errors ok for you for a while?

Errors still continue but let's say ok, you must be bored by my complains Smile

Bondings wrote:
I hope to improve it a bit by removing a lot of accounts (there are a lot of inactive accounts of users not visiting for years), but that's going to take a while as cPanel account removal is a bit of a hell to me (slow, ...).

I hope things are going to easy for you. If there anything that I can help, I'm free and here...
watersoul
internal server error on and off last night and most of today, vps1 poorly again?
chartcentral
I also encounter a lot of Internal Server Errors lately for my site.
Bondings
I have contacted the support again. Is it better now?
deanhills
My Website seems to be downloading with difficulty - taking ages for the images to download. There must be something still ailing at Server 1.

21:33 p.m. Brussels Time - 15 June

Can't access cPanel either - i.e. can't get the log-in dialog screen up.
tahayassen
Wait. Server 1 gets CPanel? No fair! Sad

Sigh. I suppose DirectAdmin works.
darkeagle
Bondings wrote:
I have contacted the support again. Is it better now?

Still continue Sad
Bondings
I have restarted the server and contacted the support. The websites are currently working due to the restart, so I hope the support won't see this as "everything is fine". Again, my apologies for the problems.

Please continue to post if there are problems (or it's going better).
deanhills
Brussels time 12:18 p.m. (Sat 16 Jun)

Pages are downloading better, but still slow compared to previous (before problems started).

I'm now able to access cPanel easy, but it downloaded slower than before - sort of as though it's resisting.
deanhills
Just checked again:

Brussels time 20:02 p.m. (Sat 16 Jun)

Performance is excellent. Pages download as they used to. cPanel OK. And I'm now able to open Frihost in my Expression Web as I used to too at the usual fast speed.

Thanks for getting it fixed Bondings. Viva Frihost!
Bondings
They didn't do anything, they simply had some "network issues" on the node. The restart probably did most of it. Unfortunately this means it will probably happen again. At least I'll be back from holiday Monday so I'll have more time to deal with it.
Bondings
Unfortunately I just checked the websites/cpanel and the problem is there again. This time I'm not restarting, but I contacted the support again. This time at least they'll see/find/fix the real problem.
deanhills
Same here Bondings. Can't get into cPanel. BUT my Website downloads OK and at the right speed as well.
Bondings
They found some failcounts on the vps node. I doubt it'll solve the issue, but I can hope at least. Please keep reporting problems!
deanhills
I've just tried again and the situation was exactly the same as yesterday. Website is fine, but unable to access cPanel log-in. Surprisingly I'm able to access my Website via Expression Web for working on it. So basically I have no problems. Speed is great. Except for no access to cPanel.
Bondings
deanhills wrote:
I've just tried again and the situation was exactly the same as yesterday. Website is fine, but unable to access cPanel log-in. Surprisingly I'm able to access my Website via Expression Web for working on it. So basically I have no problems. Speed is great. Except for no access to cPanel.

Do you get an error for cPanel? Or does it simply not load at all? It is working on my end at the moment - although it takes quite a while to load for the first time sometimes.
chartcentral
Seems like the Internal Server Error is recurring again, although not yet as often as it has been previously (before the eventual restart).
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Do you get an error for cPanel? Or does it simply not load at all? It is working on my end at the moment - although it takes quite a while to load for the first time sometimes.
I can't access the log-in screen. I've tried various combinations. Can you suggest a new one?

http://www.username.frihost.net:2082
http://www.username.firhost.net:2022
http://cpanel.username.frihost.net
http://www.username.frihost.net/cpanel/
Bondings
Try https://frihost.net:2083/ .
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
Try https://frihost.net:2083/ .
It works perfectly, thanks Bondings! Everything is good (touch wood). Cool
chartcentral
Looks like the Internal Server Error is at it again... Sad
Bondings
chartcentral wrote:
Looks like the Internal Server Error is at it again... Sad

Yes I noticed. I restarted the server and it should be better now. I'm sorry for the problems.
deanhills
I've just checked and everything is working OK on my side. Thanks! Cool
mk12327
May I know what is server 1's ip address(es) now? The one in my account is still showing the old ip address, or that it wasn't changed?
Bondings
mk12327 wrote:
May I know what is server 1's ip address(es) now? The one in my account is still showing the old ip address, or that it wasn't changed?

The vps ip address is 216.36.56.79.

I will most likely be moving the hosting accounts to a new server. However this won't be immediately as I first want to remove some inactive accounts (I haven't started yet).
mk12327
Bondings wrote:
mk12327 wrote:

One of my domains had been pointing to that ip address since quite a while ago. But currently that domain could not be reached, thought it was the ip address issue. Another domain of mine only uses the name servers and it "was" working minutes ago till it hit an Internal Server Error.

Bondings wrote:
I will most likely be moving the hosting accounts to a new server. However this won't be immediately as I first want to remove some inactive accounts (I haven't started yet).

Oh my... I am guilty of not keeping my points positive. Looks like I am a possible candidate to be axed Shocked
Bondings
mk12327 wrote:
Bondings wrote:
mk12327 wrote:

One of my domains had been pointing to that ip address since quite a while ago. But currently that domain could not be reached, thought it was the ip address issue. Another domain of mine only uses the name servers and it "was" working minutes ago till it hit an Internal Server Error.

Bondings wrote:

Oh my... I am guilty of not keeping my points positive. Looks like I am a possible candidate to be axed Shocked

If there are problems with your domain, please create a new topic about it mentioning the domain (or pm'ing me the domain if you don't wish it to be public).

Unfortunately the Internal Server Errors are caused by the VPS (and I can't get the support to fix it) and that's the reason I'll be moving the hosting accounts somewhere else. Normally the errors should (at least lately when I check some websites) not be happening very frequently.

About your points, please request a points reset on your Account page. However I normally only plan to remove accounts of people with really low negative points, or who haven't logged in/posted for months/years.
mk12327
Don't worry about my domain issue. Most likely have nothing to do with the server. I tested accessing the page through the <myfrihostaccount>.frihost.net/subfolder and was able to access it. I reckoned it has to do with the domain settings or something.

I'm too ashamed to request for points reset as I had already requested (and was approved), but i wasn't able to keep my points positive long enough... Sad
Bondings
mk12327 wrote:
Don't worry about my domain issue. Most likely have nothing to do with the server. I tested accessing the page through the <myfrihostaccount>.frihost.net/subfolder and was able to access it. I reckoned it has to do with the domain settings or something.

I'm too ashamed to request for points reset as I had already requested (and was approved), but i wasn't able to keep my points positive long enough... Sad

I can try to check out the problem and help you fix it even if the server is not at fault.

And don't worry, just request it.
mk12327
Thank you, as always, you are way better than the money-grabbing web hosts out there!
darkeagle
Server 1 seems completely down Sad
deanhills
Same here. I'm usually able to read the Server Status off Bondings' signature, but that's gone too.

Update: Bondings' Server Status url in his signature reverts to http://fh.info.tm/ after some delay. All Server 1 sites are off line.
Bondings
The server was down. I don't know why. I have restarted it now and it appears to be working fine.
deanhills
I've just checked it and it's perfect thanks.