FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Showing more ads so we can earn some more points

tahayassen
Maybe if you show more ads (I don't mind having 15 ads per page), we can earn more points per post? What do you guys think?
truespeed
The number of ads per page is limited by google adsense and it is 3 per page.

The ads have no bearing on the points system,the points system is in place to encourage users to post more in order to get free domains.
sonam
truespeed wrote:
The number of ads per page is limited by google adsense and it is 3 per page.

The ads have no bearing on the points system,the points system is in place to encourage users to post more in order to get free domains.

I am pretty sure you want to say hosting not domains. Very Happy Coins are for domains.

Sonam
Ghost Rider103
I don't see the logic behind why we should gain more points if there are more ads on the page?

Care to explain why you think this should be done?
tahayassen
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I don't see the logic behind why we should gain more points if there are more ads on the page?

Care to explain why you think this should be done?

Well, the way I understood it is as:

1) Users sign up and make posts.
2) By making posts, users are forced to view the website, and therefore, they're forced to view ads, which in return makes revenue for the site owner.
3) Because the site owner gets revenue for each post, he rewards people by giving them points for posts.

So if the site owner increases the number of ads, he will make more revenue per post, because we are forced to see more ads per page, which he can, in return, increase the number of points we get per post.
Ankhanu
Is using the forum really that painful?? Wink
Ghost Rider103
Quote:
3) Because the site owner gets revenue for each post, he rewards people by giving them points for posts.

Not entirely how it works. In fact, there is a setting in your account page which allows you to disable all adds on the forums.

I believe most of the revenue comes from people who aren't even registered. If you log out and view the forums, you'll notice more ads and more ads that are a bit more visible.

Adding too many ads could also turn posters away. I currently don't mind the ads as I don't notice them/cant see them unless I scroll down to the bottom of a forum. Would be very inconvenient to see ads everywhere.

Quote:
Is using the forum really that painful??

Nope! I enjoy using the forums daily, even though I don't exactly need points or coins. Very Happy
rjraaz
I strongly disagree with this suggestion. This will entirely change the motive of frihost why you guys trying to convert frihost into bull **** earning sites/forums, where people always try to spam and posting with useless content.
Ghost Rider103
Quote:
where people always try to spam and posting with useless content.

Well there will always be people who try to spam for points/coins.

The hosting is based off of having points. So if people don't want to legitimately participate in the forums but want to have the free hosting are going to attempt to spam, no matter what. Though we deal with these users fairly quickly, often before they are ever accepted for hosting. Even before they request hosting even.

Though I do agree the suggestion is a bad idea. I've always been against too many ads on websites as it looks very unprofessional and seems almost fake in a sense.

Anyways, if you want to make more coins/points, participate in the Marketplace or wait for the next official Frihost competition (which should soon be starting).
ankitdatashn
I don't concord with this suggestion because of a simple logic: more the ads the more people would be quitting the forums and the website be lesser profitable.