FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What did you do for the weekend?

watersoul
The Sun is shining so I've had an excellent weekend of beach rugby and cliff jumping, plus a few drinks with friends at the busy harbourside bars here.
This is a pic of me and my son yesterday afternoon - not the highest of the nearby jumping spots (about 15 metres) - but lots of fun Smile

TheStripePrincess
^I went cliff diving once in Ireland! It was great fun!
Looks like you've had a brilliant weekend (:

All I did was completely clean the kitchen, go to work and go to the gym d: Boring!
watersoul
TheStripePrincess wrote:
All I did was completely clean the kitchen, go to work and go to the gym d: Boring!

Lol, productive though...my neglected kitchen is winking at me right now, ton of dishes to do, plus work clothes need washing and packed lunch to be made ready for tomorrow - ah, a mans work is never done Laughing

So, anyone else have a fun or boring weekend?
pll
I had a semi-fun semi-boring one!
I was working yesterday, but I saw my friends in the evening and right now I'm going for a ride in roller blades as the sun shines and I don't work today!

After, I think I'll wash my clothes too.
deanhills
We've got strange weekends here in the UAE. Friday is a Sunday, and Saturday a Saturday. Sunday is the first day of the work week. So was working today.
standready
Spent Saturday with friends & Sunday watching racing ( F1, Indy & Nasacar). Monday is a holiday here in the US, Memorial day which is a day to remember those who served in the military so watched parade on this hot day.
Josso
Tested out my portable music system in the middle of nowhere with some mates. Managed to get enough power in a rucksack to get some alright speakers and mixed some tunes from my netbook. Had enough power for the whole night. Wondering if I can get close enough to some wifi points or whether a stick has enough bandwidth to stream back to my main studio. Could do a radio show from a field - this is my hilarious final goal
Ankhanu
Friday I mowed the lawn (one of my most hated activities), but played some Pathfinder to close out the evening.
Saturday I did very little Razz Went for breakfast with my wife and daughter, popped into the local music shop and drooled over a Pawnshop Mustang in Lake Placid Blue and visited a friend in her shop for a while (and my daughter tried her hand at weaving on a small loom). Then, spent the evening watching some Game of Thrones.
Sunday I went to work, caught up on some data entry in the morning and put out signs enforcing a fire ban in the park between 10am-8pm; it's been an unusually dry/warm spring... we don't normally hit a Fire Weather Index of High III until July!
johans
mall tour with my son.. watching movies and go to swimming pool for relaxation also i do outdoor games such as basketball then indoor such as ping-pong (table tennis) then at night massage for 1.5 hours... then sleep.

Sunday stay at home cleaning arrange all the things to be used in Monday, grocery and other small jobs..
Navigator
No holiday escapade for me sadly, but hey, at least I got the chance to clean that closet of mine Embarassed
BigGeek
standready wrote:
Spent Saturday with friends & Sunday watching racing ( F1, Indy & Nasacar). Monday is a holiday here in the US, Memorial day which is a day to remember those who served in the military so watched parade on this hot day.

That's what I did on Sunday, watched the Indy 500, and the Coca Cola 600, I did some house cleaning and yard work, but was around watching both races, and watched almost the last half of each!

Great Fun! I love racing! Everything else is just a game Cool

So Danica completed both NASCAR races the Nationwide Series on Saturday, and the Sprint Cup series on Sunday......She's struggling but learning, they sure are hard cars to drive!

Yesterday went over to a friends house and had a barbecue and played hoarse shoes and basketball. Good day Laughing
deanhills
BigGeek wrote:
I did some house cleaning and yard work,
I'm badly in need of doing that. How does one motivate oneself to get into a cleaning routine?
kenxeiko
Doh, I just keep staying at my home and ****** up my laptop xD
chatrack
Last week end, there was a tour to karnataka Mookambika temple. Near by souparnika river
and from there to Brahmastanam. And then gone to Subramaniya swami temple.
The whole trip was for 2 days. I could understand the difference in culture between Kerala and
Karnataka people.
lockwoodman
Didn't do a lot at all. Very quiet weekend with my girl.
pauline5765
I watched some anime I copied my high school classmate's laptop. I watched all the episodes of Fruits Basket and Maid-Sama. I tried watching other anime, but some were really just boring that I can't bear to watch another episode.

I had to return the USB of my other classmate (where the anime is saved) by next week so I had to finish all the anime I copied. That's what I did this weekend.
watersoul
Long weekend here in the UK to celebrate the Queen keeping her unelected job for 60 years.
Crap weather as is always expected on public holidays, but had a few laughs on some fairground rides and a crazy afternoon/evening at a street party yesterday.
The street party hadn't been formally applied for so the police turned up but were happy for it to continue if the road was physically blocked to traffic at both ends by empty beer barrels!
To be honest, the two cops probably opted for that easier option than trying to remove the thousand or so partying and rather merry local residents!
I didn't meet anyone who actually gave a toss about the queens jubilee, but the community spirit of locals sharing a few drinks with live music was excellent and made me wish we all did it more often Smile
deanhills
Looks as though the Queen has her uses even if it is a holiday in Her Majesty's honour.
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
Looks as though the Queen has her uses even if it is a holiday in Her Majesty's honour.

...enjoying an extra 2 days partying on the weekend is a bit of a lame reason to support the undemocratic argument for a monarchy system though Laughing
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
deanhills wrote:

...enjoying an extra 2 days partying on the weekend is a bit of a lame reason to support the undemocratic argument for a monarchy system though Laughing
Agreed. Wonder whether the monarchy will endure another sixty years. I have a feeling it will. What do you think?
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
watersoul wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Agreed. Wonder whether the monarchy will endure another sixty years. I have a feeling it will. What do you think?

I'm hopeful that we will wake up as a society before sixty years from now Wink
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
deanhills wrote:
watersoul wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I'm hopeful that we will wake up as a society before sixty years from now Wink
I can see it changing but don't think that society will get rid of it. Probably use it more to raise funds for charity and to market tourism to the UK. Maybe take away some of the too generous benefits to Royals as is happening everywhere in society. However it will still be there in sixty years.
watersoul
Hammering down with rain for most of this weekend Sad
Pretty much stayed indoors watching Euro football, and playing Fifa12 on the xbox with my son.
Had a few drinks at the harbourside but forgot to take my key with me last night so ended up booting my front door in when I got back, doh! I used 6 inch screws to keep the door shut as an emergency repair to go to bed, then spent a couple of hours today replacing part of the frame which I'd damaged!
http://www.torquayfestival.co.uk/ was going on in town when I nipped to Tesco's for sandwhich stuff for tomorrow, but it was a total washout with the rain, and I felt really sorry for the live band (who were good) playing to a few windswept people passing by like myself.
zimmer
Aandarec12 wrote:
i woulk like to spent my weekend with my friends visiting outside for some great party.

Me, this weekend was very busy working with my site.. i have encounter wired errors together with my developer..
Linarai
I am very busy in this weekend with friends.
We organize a small trip and enjoy a lot of this trip. Weekend is very nice for me.I have lot of memories of this weekend.
Insanity
I went on a hike with some friends that came down. I don't see them very often because everyone is busy with work or school, but everyone was free this weekend, and it was great to see them again.
Cosmoslayer
Working on our thesis as a programmer. So much work no time to have fun! Sad
Vanilla
@watersoul Beautiful pics! Oh, how I envy you! It's too cold now for me to go swimming. They say there's a lovely waterfall nearby and I'm dying to see it. But I won't be satisfied until I can see AND swim there. So I think I'll wait for a time when the weather is more like... Warm. ¬¬

Anyway, I spent my amazing weekend doing a test and watching anime. This sunday I was set to do the TOEIC exam (and I think I have failed miserably Very Happy). I'm finally watching Card captor Sakura, which is a thing that I always say I would do someday. So, it's very cold and rainy and it's best if I stay at home watching animes. Smile
Ryox
My weekend sucked seriously, I was sick and in the hospital. >:C Sad(((

Anyways, getting better and hope this weekend is more "Fun" in your guy's term lol.
Mr_Howl
Went to Six Flags. It was fun!
johans
i was building a website.. so far almost done..
Peterssidan
On Saturday I helped clean out a summer cottage and on Sunday I ran a small 5k race. I'm pleased with the race but I'm not sure about the exact time yet. They raffled off prizes among all who had finished the race. I won a red bag.
deanhills
I was hiding away from the HOT weather outside. Extreme heat even for the local people here, getting to a zapping hot mid forties, even touching on fifty in certain areas - Celsius. Just five minutes in the hot sun, like being nuked. Last few days were worse too because of humidity that we're not used to where I live.

So did not get to do much this weekend. Spent most of it indoors sleeping during the day, and staying up at night.
RoylanM
For the weekend I set up 2 domains for projects I'm going to be starting. I also joined this Adult Leadership program to teach adults how they can change their communities for the better. Then I also got some advertising done for some quick cash.
jajarvin
I fished.
I managed to get a pike that weighed 1100 grams.
deanhills
We're almost at the next weekend, but the last weekend I was recovering from my holiday in Vancouver. This weekend is my last weekend before I have to return to work again.
Deline
I went to see my dad for the weekend, and ate a lot of pizza! Very Happy
chatrack
Hi

At week ends, I take food early, watch tv or film in computer ..deeep at night.. and rise up late
Deline
I stayed at home and went look for things for the apartment Smile
the_emissary
I relaxed my tired body. Had other things to do but just slept instead.
playfungames
Weekend is the time probably to chillax. I wake up late, spend my time watching sitcoms and even find some time to get high.

If I am not staying home at weekend, I am probably out for some adventurous activity like rafting or hiking, where I prefer to get high Laughing
Insanity
I am going to relax this weekend and maybe hang out with soem friends. Nothing special, I just want to unwind after a long day at work.
spinout
I was on a Swedish national tv session about a documentary on rocknroll people... Haha, funny, we gathered our old cars and played som rock music in a garage n a mad neighbours came by (woman...) complaining about the noice... That was friday.

Saturday we had a bbq party outside my parents house, it was a motorbike run called "malaren runt" where bikers across the nation do a big whole day run and end in a little town, we were on the front row... Hm, could have been coller bikes and more of them. still noicy n fun! I used to have a BSA, a brittish bike.
deanhills
Last weekend is a while ago again. Was enjoying my last weekend on holiday before going to work.
Deline
My parents came to visit me, we had lunch together and also visited my ant and uncle that live close to me...
chatrack
Hi,

Last week, my modem power supply 10V 500mA went wrong.
I asked the telephone people, but they not give a replacement power supply.

So, I made one using 12-0-12 V transformer + regulator IC 7012 for modem power supply

It is working fine, with a heat sink mounted to regulator

Saved Rs.250/- ha ha Smile
spinout
I took a ride in my 54 chevy and went to a 40 years party and played some guitar... I ate too much candy and now need to work out...
Also I had a BBQ dinner last night with pork on the grill... Garlics n potato sallad as side menu...
codegeek
I have exams this week. All I did was try to study, and procrastinate a lot. I think I'll pass, but the grades won't probably be very good. Sad
Teio
Spent the weekend learning Joomla haha
Deline
I went to a wedding! But unfortunately I didnt enjoyed it so much, it was too cold and the party was in a open area Sad
deanhills
First time in a long LONG time. Slept almost whole of weekend. Following a week of virtually all night sessions every night. Couldn't get enough sleep.
Vanilla
I went to a Japanese festival this weekend! I've been to a Matsuri before, but this time it was in a city near where I live and full of things like flowers and strawberries. I love strawberries so much! Me and my cousin ate our weights in Japanese food and in strawberry based candy. It was so worth it. We're planning to go there again two weeks from now, since I didn't get the chance to eat mochi (rice based candy which I love and I'm addicted to). All the mochi was gone by the time we arrived at the place. Sad
DanielMartin1
Just Stay at home . Just sleeping want a rest after a tired week
Deline
I stayed at home and made a cake...I wanted to rest u_u
ratanegra
I stayed home surfing the Internet infinitely. I love it all! There are so many things to do here. I can do web design, search images, music, chat, read, write, watch videos, share stuff, etc.
deanhills
Weekend has just started here today. Holy Friday. I'm just getting psychologically read for cleaning my place, then me and then off to enjoy the day.
watersoul
Ended up having a few drinks with friends last night but staying in today as it's hammering down with rain Sad
Just got back from a 5 minute walk to do a boring food/supplies shop mission and it is miserably wet!
Gonna hide away in the warm of home and eat loads of munch while the football is on (Swansea - Arsenal) and look forward to a Swans win - I was born and raised in Swansea Smile

If there are any interesting gatherings going on with friends I may venture out later, but my son has a cup rugby match tomorrow morning so it won't be a late one as I'm looking forward to watching an exciting game with a pint or two at the club afterwards Wink
Deline
My boyfriend came to visit me. Then we went Outback for lunch/ dinner after I cleaned the apartment and we ate so much that we didn't even felt hungry for the rest of the day! hehe
standready
Spent Saturday doing various tasks at my parent's home. Sunday rested, Monday, cut the grass at my house and ran errands for parents. Tuesday, more task at parent's house.
_AVG_
Went volunteering on a build this Saturday, it was a good learning experience Smile
RoylanM
This weekend I had my computer remade, it was broken and I took it to a technician in a flee market and he fixed it and upgraded it for nothing at all, I'm also making his website out of appreciation of the kindness he has turned me. Then I had to go to a memorial service for my uncle who was in the Vietnam War as a US Soldier, I read a poem before we headed to Lincoln Cementary for his honors ceremony. I've had a hectic yet surprising weekend and I hope my next is much better though.
drjim
well it's monday (actually it's tuesday now... since it's after midnight in my timezone. so happy October to all!), so i just had my weekend. Smile

my weekend was overall a fun experience. i consider weekends to actually be friday to sunday. so on friday me and my friends had an informal get together. mostly gaming and drinking some beer (i'm of legal age, so it's okay!). on saturday a couple friends of mine and i went to our local flea market. pretty fun to go to, even if i have no intention on buying anything (i actually did end up buying something though). and on sunday i had another night in with a few friends, we ended up watching a movie.

so it was overall an enjoyable experience. Smile
watersoul
I covered Saturday in a post a little earlier but now back in the second day of my working week I'll mention Sunday just gone.
Had a full English breakfast with sausages, bacon, fried eggs, grilled tomatoes, baked beans, hash browns, toast, OJ and coffee, then watched my son play a home cup rugby match against last years league winners.
Exciting game, lots of passion, aggression, beautiful free flowing play, well executed set pieces and fire from both sides. At half time our town was winning 20-0 after four lovely but unconverted tries.
2nd half came and the team got complacent and/or tired with it ending in a desperately disappointing 25-32 final score.
A brilliant day though, proud of my son who was giving it 100% when team mates were not, and a few pints in the club house ended it well Smile

Later in the evening I noticed that an NFL game was being held in Wembley (London) and live on UK television so I thought I'd watch something I do not usually get to see.
I switched it off after half an hour. I found it absolutely boring compared to rugby.
Dressed up in exo-skeleton body armour, helmets and face guards, rolling away from each other after tackles so nobody gets hurt, no rucking and actually forcing territory through prolonged force, then a break every few minutes to recover and chat about the next single throw/pass, then even worse, multiple advertisement breaks!!

I am shocked that it is such a big thing in the US because there was more test of endurance in the 40 continuous minutes each half (with 10 minute break) in my sons rugby match that morning. Running, tackling, grappling, rucking, scrums, and free play where stamina is really put to the test.
Maybe American Football is more of a strategy game, but why dress it up as this dangerous battle when everyone is armoured up like stormtroopers and roll away from each other when the ball hits the deck.
Nah, I'll stick to rugby with a gum-shield and a padded head guard at most.
My nose may be a testimony of games from my own youth but I think even rugby youth teams around the world face far greater danger and test of strength/stamina/endurance than the wrapped in cotton wool NFL players I watched on Sunday! Razz
drjim
i agree you on that point watersoul. that rugby and rugby competitors are in greater danger than National Football League competitors are. i also agree that the rugby sport is more challenging overall physically in comparison to the NFL. quality points!
spinout
I was in swedish moutains and competing in music... Country music championships...
I was in a band that played in the rockabilly cathegory. 10 hours of driving and 13 beers in between... Hm, I wonder if I could pass as a good driver - sober but tired I suppose I was, suppose......... Anyhow a great weekend with bluegrass music in the church and rock music at night.!
drjim
that does sound like a blast and a half spinout. what instrument did you play? and how'd you guys do in terms of ranking and enjoyability? everyone have a good time within your band?

i personally hate driving while i'm drunk and tired at the same time. i just like to sleeeeeeep and nothing else when i'm drunk. i would've made someone else drive. Rolling Eyes
chartcentral
I installed applications on my newly-reformatted computer over the weekend. Smile
deanhills
Ha! Tomorrow is the start of our weekend here in the UAE. It just came so fast. Just don't know where the week has flown. Probably need to plan something, but for now the first night hopefully I'll make up for all of the lost sleep of the work week. It was a brutal week.
standready
watersoul wrote:
Later in the evening I noticed that an NFL game was being held in Wembley (London) and live on UK television so I thought I'd watch something I do not usually get to see.
I switched it off after half an hour. I found it absolutely boring compared to rugby.
Dressed up in exo-skeleton body armour, helmets and face guards, rolling away from each other after tackles so nobody gets hurt, no rucking and actually forcing territory through prolonged force, then a break every few minutes to recover and chat about the next single throw/pass, then even worse, multiple advertisement breaks!!

I can't handle watching a NFL game either. Those guys are mostly 300 plus pounds yet they still need padding to protect them from the impact of another 300 pounder touching them.
I can always find something (even if that something is nothing) than watch that.
watersoul
standready wrote:
I can't handle watching a NFL game either. Those guys are mostly 300 plus pounds yet they still need padding to protect them from the impact of another 300 pounder touching them.
I can always find something (even if that something is nothing) than watch that.

That's refreshing to read Standready, not just me then! haha
My weekend has just started so chilling tonight looking forward to re-tiling my bathroom tomorrow, then grudge cup rugby match my lad is playing Sunday against a town a few miles along the coast here.
Have a good weekend when it starts Smile
Deline
This weekend I went to visit my parents. And did nothing at all..Just stayed home...eating a lot!
ratanegra
This weekend I went to music lessons, browsed the internet, tried to install Tails on a pen-drive and studied for a presentation that I have tomorrow.
johans
last weekend is amazing!

I went a short vacation in my province and do some family bonding. driving my SUV and get the time consumed with my son and nephew.

Eating a lot of food. Socializing and snack with our favorite fast food drive thru..

Today, back to usual rat race life.. I should put it a habit every-month doing some short vacation but i need to work hard to get money to spend this next vacation my end of October.
Deline
Last weekend I went to visit my parents. It took 4 hours for me to get in their city, wich is just 180 km away from São Paulo Sad all because of a damn construction on the road. But at least I could have some fun and I also saw my boyfriend.
Vanilla
Watched Thor: the dark world twice. I can say that it was a pretty awesome weekend overall. I plan on watching it a third time soon. Dancing
deanhills
My weekend is just starting. Been doing so much during the week, I'm planning to have a sleep where there is no alarm clock involved. This weekend would like to build a Forum, if I can. In a sandbox. I'm quite OK with myBB, so want to try phpBB for a change. I haven't been involved with an up to date phpBB Forum for a very long while. Want to see how it works these days.
Deline
This weekend I literally spent more time on the road than enjoying or resting in home. It was holiday friday and the traffic was impossible to avoid...We spent 9 hours on a trip that was supposed to last one hour! ONE HOUR! Haha
spinout
I had a massive eye infection, so I was on the sofa listening .... to the tv.
LostOverThere
Nothing.

And it was great.

I'm finding as I get older, I have less of a desire to go out and "do" things on the weekend. Sure, it's nice and all to have a day out, but nothing beats chilling at home with a few good movies, games and books.
Deline
Finally I stayed at home, with no compromises. And I finished watching Breakind Bad *_*
spinout
My was great. fixing handbrakes on a Mondeo with a friend on friday. saturday We went on a vintage car part market. Got drunk ... Sunday I went to grandpas birthday party.
Deline
Mine was great too. My boyfriend came to visit me, and we got out and already changed Christmas gifts Razz
dxverm
I spent the weekend sleeping and working on my website. Didn't really feel to great this weekend.
grofet
I have no plan for this weekend, just need some rest and enjoy a lot of stuff with my beloved family. Maybe i will make a plan for the next weekend. Happy weekend for all.
markharris
It went with friends , movies or relax