FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What would you do in hot weather?

lovescience
When the weather is hot, what would you?
menino
When the weather is hot - best thing to do is swimming.
Usually sometimes the sea is cool in the early morning, and even the rivers and ponds.

If you are fair in complexion, then you can sunbathe, and work on a tan.

If are are fat, then its good to workout in the hot weather to lose more weight.

If you don't like any of the above, then you can find some indoor activities, such as bowling or badminton, or just stay home and read. Laughing
lightningleo
lovescience wrote:

you asian or african.? Cause Its extreme hot in these places but still got an ac to take care of us.. I like to sleep and read story books in these days.. Sometimes playing computer games helps..
Do you play pc games?
TheStripePrincess
My absolute favourite thing to in the hot weather is to sit in a beer garden or a park with a nice ice cold glass of cider Very Happy
That's if I can't get to a beach, hehe.
deanhills
With 46 degrees Celsius temperatures people stay mostly completely out of the outdoors here. Like a baking oven outside.
spinout
invest in an aircondition system... BIG SIZE!

I am living in the north so ... but ok 25 degrees celsius is maximum!
rjraaz
Temperature at my place is around 30 to 40 degree. That is really too much hot to go out without car. Most the time i want to go out use to use my car and rest the time i would like to sit at home or at office.

And to avoid get dehydrated take lots of water. Sugarcane juice is really helpful to get relaxed in this hot season.
cybersa
I like to drink more home made cool drinks.
Take bath in the well with my friends for at least 2hrs.
Cosmoslayer
I go to malls and spend my day there.
kenxeiko
All days are hot at my place -.-
And what I do? Just staying at home, duh.
deanhills
I stay out of the heat as where I am temperatures get so high that it is unhealthy to be outside. Yesterday for example it was 46 degrees Celsius. I can last for about five minutes but not much more. Then of course there is the acclimatization problem with going from severe heat into freezing cold air-conditioning. Sort of a shock for the body to get into the cold and the other way round.

What one can do however, and I don't seem to have got to it for a long long time, is to get to the coast and go boating, as it is always cool out in the ocean. Best place to be during the hot summers here combined with diving or snorkeling.
tahayassen
I'm not affected by weather, becaues I spend 95% of my life indoors. Smile
chatrack
Hi,
We can not go out side in noon. Stay in side room, downstairs will do some good.

Better to look for an A/C, even for a sigle room.
lockwoodman
Drink cold beer and stay cool.
pauline5765
I turn on the electric fan and put it in the highest speed it can do. If it's terribly hot, I go to my mother's house and share with the air conditioner. If the air conditioner is not working at that time (which happens a lot), I go to a hotel restaurant and order food and bottomless iced tea while surfing the net with their free wifi connection and I will stay there the whole day until evening. :/

That's why bottomless iced tea isn't good for a restaurant with a free wifi zone.
Customers can abuse the service. Haha.
Ryox
On a very hot day in the 80s even 90s, I go swim, or get wet so I can keep myself cool.

Otherwise, I just ride my bicycle, on the hot day. Its nice outside why not ride in it rather than let it rain and get wet and cold and be sick. Its not fun being sick!
zimmer
lovescience wrote:

Play out door games
metalfreek
Stay away from the sun as far as possible and drink a lot of water.
Ryox
metalfreek wrote:
Stay away from the sun as far as possible and drink a lot of water.

haha, what is the point of having fun if your not outside.... INLESS you have a couple of game systems inside with a big screen tv and playing games! COD! Razz
pepe9974
If it's warm I play computer games Smile
Peterssidan
Sweat. If it's very hot I usually don't feel like doing much at all. In the night it can be harder to sleep well because we don't have fans or AC and I don't like to sleep without blanket.
abhizz
me bth 3 times a day, when its so hot
spinout
Hm, yesterday I took a ride on my MC. That is awesome in hot wheater!
andro_king
i will go to swiming pool with my friends and enjoy there..!!
mukesh
About 10 days around 45 + degrees Celsius temperatures in my place and I try to spend most time in office and homes. I like to swim but to much far away from my house.
Bluedoll
turn on the air conditioner, grab a glass of lemon aide, turn on my pc, and enjoy it

run outside and jump into water or turn around and go back inside, head to the mall!

sit under a tree like a vegitable
sudipbanerjee
I like to swim in hot weather. But I am being forced to attend office.
Aredon
Unfortunately I have an unknown (at least for now) skin condition that makes heat very uncomfortable for me. If the weather is too hot I'll get really itchy. I've tried everything I can think of to deal with it. So alas, I generally spend days where it's too hot inside at my computer. Cool

Swimming is always good though...
deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
turn on the air conditioner, grab a glass of lemon aide, turn on my pc, and enjoy it

run outside and jump into water or turn around and go back inside, head to the mall!

Laughing Laughing You must be on holiday Bluedoll! Haha ..... sounds like a great way to spend the summer.
Ankhanu
Me? Apparently I climb a mountain and haul ~70lbs. of fyke nets back down Razz
Man, yesterday was tiring and sweaty!!
deanhills
Sounds arduous but can imagine it must have given you a nice feeling of achievement. I've just been out at 9:00 p.m. UAE time to the local Super Market, walking, and even at that time it was like a baking oven outside. Trying to do what you are doing here would be a death sentence. This has to be the hottest summer in the UAE I've had. The only time when it gets to more or less normal, but still warm (equivalent of a hot afternoon in Canada) is in the early morning like at 4-5 a.m.
Ankhanu
No, no real sense of accomplishment Razz It was a lot harder for me than it should have been... but my work season started with a sinus infection that really screwed up my efforts to get back into shape (We had hauled the nets up the mountain the week before I got sick)... I was mostly disappointed with my lacking fitness, rather than feeling accomplished Razz By the time we got back down, my legs were kinda shakey, my shoulder hurt and muscles in my hips were sore for the first time ever... never knew how heavily involved they were in normal walking and balance before Wink

I couldn't imagine trying to do that in UAE temps. I say yesterday was "hot" but only in relation to normal seasonal and previously cooler than seasonal temps... it was only 20 yesterday!! That said, the sun did manage to burn through my SPF 50 as I was exposed along the barrens, bogs and dwarf forest on the top of the mountain. In UAE heat and exposure it would certainly be deadly (though I might have sustained fewer scrapes and cuts from the lack of dense stubby spruce!) Razz
deanhills
Aha. You're working again. Congratulations! Has that got to do with research into insects? I'm sure you'll get fit again. I'm REALLY unfit. Probably need to change countries as well. Too much time in front of computers. Very Happy

Temperatures here are average 46 degrees Celsius at lunch time and the last couple of weeks got to fifty. Usually average is in the lower forties at this time. 20 degrees sounds great. Must say I hated the dull and pissy rain of Vancouver but won't mind a week of that now. We haven't had rain in a year. Except for a few dust drops over night, enough to make drop marks in the dust on my car.
Ankhanu
deanhills wrote:
Aha. You're working again. Congratulations! Has that got to do with research into insects?

I've actually been working since April... when I blogged about the difficulties of finding work, I think I was actually working Razz
Thing is, I'm with Parks Canada again, on another term contract... this term only extends to August 12, so I'm still job hunting, though I'm currently employed. This is my seventh contract with Parks since 2009, and with the recent budget cuts, I definitely won't be getting a full job with them, as they're losing positions, not opening more. Hopefully I'll find something to move into after this contract, but the well is seeming kinda dry.

deanhills wrote:
Temperatures here are average 46 degrees Celsius at lunch time and the last couple of weeks got to fifty. Usually average is in the lower forties at this time. 20 degrees sounds great. Must say I hated the dull and pissy rain of Vancouver but won't mind a week of that now. We haven't had rain in a year. Except for a few dust drops over night, enough to make drop marks in the dust on my car.

I couldn't imagine those temperatures... I think the hottest I've experienced was 38. I do ok up to about 32, but after that it's just too hot for this Canadian Wink
ankitdatashn
wait for the rain Wink
linux1993
Do my best to enjoy ice cream and air conditioner
Bluedoll
deanhills wrote:
Bluedoll wrote:

Laughing Laughing You must be on holiday Bluedoll! Haha ..... sounds like a great way to spend the summer.

Yes I have my good times. Very Happy

In reflection though, when it is really hot and I am too, there is just no use. I've learned that pushing yourself can really bring you down and then you loose in the long run. We all need a little vacation now and then when it is hot. The month of July is no longer my favorite month though, I feel. I know you get used to it but my used to it seems to be the cooler/cold stuff.
deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
In reflection though, when it is really hot and I am too, there is just no use. I've learned that pushing yourself can really bring you down and then you loose in the long run. We all need a little vacation now and then when it is hot. The month of July is no longer my favorite month though, I feel. I know you get used to it but my used to it seems to be the cooler/cold stuff.

April/May and September/October were usually my favourite months in Vancouver. Not too hot, not too cold, and always some feeling of new beginnings in them. May used to always turn out to be the best of them all.
TurtleShell
TheStripePrincess wrote:
My absolute favourite thing to in the hot weather is to sit in a beer garden or a park with a nice ice cold glass of cider Very Happy
That's if I can't get to a beach, hehe.

what's a beer garden??Smile

We have a pool in our backyard and my family likes to swim and grill. In hot weather, we'll get in the pool, then get out and grill, then get back in to swim. It's great fun.
Bluedoll
deanhills wrote:
April/May and September/October were usually my favourite months in Vancouver. Not too hot, not too cold, and always some feeling of new beginnings in them. May used to always turn out to be the best of them all.
It is extremely dry here and it feels like a drought. When plants inside don't do well or die I toss them fast because I can't stand to look at dead things lying around. It is cooler today and maybe some rain will come. Imagine hoping for rain? Smile

It can never be perfect. I hate the smell of beer. Laughing

Regardless of weather though I think we can find some happyness.
kmr_mukund
in hot weather when i live in village i preffere bath many times.i want to live in a garden under shadower tree.but in town/city i live under ac. so no any effect of summer.
lucascoelho
Hot weather is good depending where you are... really, on big cities, under ac, dressed up all day, working and studying...... Wow, that's really complicated!

But if you can at least stay at home.... or if you live in a small village, or closer to nature, much better it is! You can bathe many times, or go to the sea, a lagoon or river, whatever you have close to you.

Or, in some specific situations, you can even undress, if you're not to bother or disrespect anyone with that... Sometimes I feel like doing so when it's extremely hot, but again: big city, no way! :-\