FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Universal comment enable/disable on blogs

Ankhanu
Having just spent a good 116 or so clicks and 58 or so trackpad gestures re-enabling commenting on my blog posts (again), I have a suggestion!!
I know that this random disabling of commenting on blogs is a known issue, so that's not what I'm reporting; rather, I am suggesting a script that will allow users to mass enable/disable commenting on their blogs with one or two clicks, likely in the blog settings. This would make making mass changes to settings that randomly change themselves somewhat less inconvenient Wink
Ghost Rider103
That would work.

We could also maybe set up a page, which would display a list of all of your blog posts, with a check box next to each one of them so you could quickly select or deselect all the topics and then mass enable/disable replies. With a master check box at the top, which would "select all blog posts" and "deselect all blog posts."

This would give you more freedom in how you mass enable/disable replies. So if you had 100 blog posts to activate replies in but wanted to keep a few disabled, it could all be done from the same page.

Your idea would probably be much easier to implement. But I think my idea might be more convenient for specific tasks. Very Happy
Ankhanu
Yeah, I was thinking of this as a good solution too... but figured the mass setting would be easier to script, so went with that. What you describe would be pretty ideal, though.
Ankhanu
Here we go again, clicking through all 67 blog posts to re-enable replying.