FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Non stop spamming !

Antoine_935
Sad Did you subscribe to the boomtown's newsletter ?
I did it two years ago. Now, I receive the boomtown's newsletter every week.

I've already tried to unsubscribe, do it do not work.
Better : I've sent a mail to the webmaster of Boomtown to discard my email adress from the list, but he didn't do this.

So, Im looking for a way to protest again this non stop spamming.
Does anyone know a website or and organisation where I can protest against them ?
Huhnteufel
This is why I chose not to subscribe to any newsletter. My inbox may not be all that busy, but I prefer having only a couple messages to look through every day or so then to have to logon every day and get rid of all the spam.

To answer your question, maybe this would be of help?
http://bestprac.org/

The fact is, nobody likes spam, and a lot has been done and a lot is being done to fight spam. Major spammers are being taken to court and sued, Spam filtering technology has been introduced on the mail-service side, and alot of webhosts nowadays have measures in place to prevent their users from spamming practices.
tidruG
Most free email providers generally have pretty good Junk Mail filters... this is probably an obvios suggestion, but I'm just posting to make sure you've got the basics covered... you have activated your Junk Mail/Bulk Mail folder haven't you? Very Happy
zerodefect
i dont know if this is of interest to you, but you could try taking a look at:
http://www.anti-spam-league.org
completeforums
I use dodgeit.com a lot. It isn't password protected and is ment for spam mail. I couldn't careless who reads it because they can't send or delete anything that goes to my account. Also, you don't even have to register.
gonzo
Antoine_935 wrote:
tried to unsubscribe, do it do not work.
Better : I've sent a mail to the webmaster o

Do you know how to weaponize gmail? Turn every unwanted email into a torrent of mail for the offending domain. If weaponizing doesn't appeal to you learn to use deletion filters.
shank
I agree, just try and redirect/delete all mails from said newsletter
yupeng
The only simple thing you can do is :deny the email address!
BulletProof
yupeng wrote:
The only simple thing you can do is :deny the email address!

ya i used to have spam b4...but i went though each one and unsuscribed from them now i dont get anything anymore..
James007
1 e-mail adress for all the thrusted things... people you know, family...
1 e-mail adress for all subscription purposes... mostly spam...

James Smile
kx137
I use 3

hotmail - TOTAL spam
gmail - least spam
charter - semi/important some spam
SNES350
kx137 wrote:
I use 3

hotmail - TOTAL spam
gmail - least spam
charter - semi/important some spam

I have two Hotmail addresses, both of them have been reduced to a torrent of spam.

For those I selected all emails, picked out ones that weren't spam, and blocked every address... unfortunately I hit the limit for blocked addresses quickly, and now I don't even know if those are still being blocked, so I have ditched those accounts.

I have a Spymac.com email address and a Gmail address (and my Frihost hosting address but I don't use that) for *real* emails.
coolclay
I get tons of spam, but I really don't care I never ever see any of it because it goes straight to my spam folder in gmail.
ocalhoun
Spam 'em back!
It may not help, but it'll make you feel better.
Helios
Antoine_935, Using your simple e-mail control panel you can block them from sending you emails.

=)
n0obie4life
gonzo wrote:
Antoine_935 wrote:

Do you know how to weaponize gmail? Turn every unwanted email into a torrent of mail for the offending domain. If weaponizing doesn't appeal to you learn to use deletion filters.

Teach me Smile

And no one can beat the amount of daily spam i get in my gmail.
budazz
gonzo wrote:
Antoine_935 wrote:

ei how?...
boho999
Yahoo offers an intereting featrue, they allow you to register a free mailaccount and then add "alias" to that mailaccount. Say you register john@yahoo.com. You then add an alias, say news_john@yahoo.com. The mails for the alias will be delivered to the regular account, but the alias can be deleted at any time ( ie when the alias is creating to much spam)
Antoine_935
Thanks to all for your advices Wink
I've activated spam-blocker, but I hate these people, and maybe I'll create some website to protest agaisnt spam.
I think sourceforge could help me.
wait and see Wink