FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you like Monty Python?

CCCorp
Hi,
do you like Monty Python sketches or their filmography pieces? So if yes which their stuff you like the most?
Josso
The original flying circus series. Nothing makes me laugh as much apart from maybe south park.
silverdown
yea it awsome Very Happy
Josso

Hard to find the really obscure stuff on YT unfortunately
lucascoelho
Well, I'm really into Python, the programming language, right now. Some people say it was named after Monty Python, so I'd probably also enjoy the films.

I do remember watching one of the movies for a while and I really didn't like it, though. I guess, by that time, I took it to be a little gross, some nasty references or something like that. If that's how it's supposed to be, I'm ok with that, just won't watch it. But if it was just a misconception, I might give another try...
CCCorp
I like Monty Python's Life of Brian. It is quite good movie. But their humor is so specific, not for everyone I think.
deanhills
Josso wrote:
Hard to find the really obscure stuff on YT unfortunately
One of my favourites the argument clinic. Nice to check it out again. Reminded me of the Dead Parrot Monty Python:

Josso
Ok if we're going for classics

Vanilla
lucascoelho wrote:
Well, I'm really into Python, the programming language, right now. Some people say it was named after Monty Python, so I'd probably also enjoy the films.

If this is true, then it must be a pretty insane language. Rolling Eyes

CCCorp wrote:
I like Monty Python's Life of Brian. It is quite good movie. But their humor is so specific, not for everyone I think.

Because of this movie I always try to look on the bright side of life. *whistles*

deanhills
Josso wrote:
Ok if we're going for classics

Classics indeed, started laughing even before I started the video.

Vanilla wrote:
Because of this movie I always try to look on the bright side of life. *whistles*
Haven't seen this one before. Wonder how they managed to make the movie - these guys must have really been hanged like this?
Radar
A good portion of their stuff, yes. Not all of it.

Some of their genius for the unexpected will contineu to be appreciated for many years to come. Some of it will not.
TheStripePrincess
I think Monty Python is fantastic Very Happy
I haven't watched any of it in ages though ):
deanhills
One more:

memno
the Dead Parrot skit is great!
I'm more into the movies (haven't really watched much of the TV show):
The Life of Brian, The Meaning of Life ("Morning! morning!"), Holy Grail,
mgeek
I heard about Monty Python from some Irish classmates, but I have not seen any of his films. The YouTube clips above where my first contact.
deanhills
They're getting a little old as well. Wish they could be resurrected. I also like Fry&Laurie very much.

kaysch
Another classic is the "restaurant sketch".

I love that old stuff, and I get reminded of those sketches every now and then whenever I see or hear something similar.

Over here in Germany Monty Python is pretty popular, but the number one comedian must still be Loriot, be it for the simple reason that his works were in German. Like Monty Python he came up with a mix of TV sketches, films and cartoons. And like Monty Python he had his highlights in the 70s. Another parallel is that his jokes are often on the fact that acting too formal can make people look ridiculous. I guess almost every German who is old enough can quote some lines of his jokes.

Here is my favourite sketch called "the noodle". Similar setting as in Monty Python's "restaurant sketch". Enjoy!
tskara61
Gotta love the philosopher's soccer match
Josso
Quote:
I love that old stuff, and I get reminded of those sketches every now and then whenever I see or hear something similar.

I think I will be saying "Stop that, it's silly" forever.

Did you ever see the two german specials? I've never been able to get my hands of them
kaysch
Josso wrote:
Did you ever see the two german specials? I've never been able to get my hands of them

I wonder why. They're both readily available on Youtube... Enjoy!

Peterssidan
I like most things Monty Python have done. My favourite is Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Everything is great about it except the ending which is a bit of a disappointment.
setfirework
I absolutely love Monty Python and I use to watch them in High School. The Spam song was priceless as was the Lumberjack song. I also loved all the animation they did. I think they were rather advanced at the time with that.
ShannonHBC
I've only seen one episode ever, but I loved it, should probably try to find some more.
nguyenvulong
Python programming language is originally named from this person right Razz
Josso
Named after the original group and tv series I think yeah