FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your Surname

sameerseo
Are you satisfy with your surname????
briankid
i think i'm satisfied,to protect privacy,i wont post it
playfungames
My surname kind of means the "king of the jungle" "lion"
So of course I am satisfied.
Cosmoslayer
I'm in between. Razz
deanhills
I've never thought whether I'm satisfied or not. It's the name given to me. I guess I'll probably stick with it for the rest of my life. Pretty much part of my identity now.
spinout
my folks was boring and gave me none...
But the last name is cool! HELLMAN. It is really in the mening MAN FROM HELL!
briankid
playfungames wrote:
My surname kind of means the "king of the jungle" "lion"
So of course I am satisfied.
i love ur surname dude
Peterssidan
spinout wrote:
my folks was boring and gave me none...
But the last name is cool! HELLMAN. It is really in the mening MAN FROM HELL!

Isn't last name and surname the same thing?
coolclay
Yep, aka. a family name. I like mine it's short, relatively uncommon, and easy to spell. Couldn't ask for more. Mine doesn't really mean anything except the origination of my name (O'Ciarain) is Gaelic for black or dark brown. Super exciting I know.
darthrevan
Eh I don't like my name but it does mean gift of God.
Peterssidan
My surname is Olsson. I'm satisfied with it. It's the 7th most common surname in my country.
deanhills
My surname is Dutch. My father was born in Amsterdam. As far as I know it's not a very common name in the Netherlands. Most of my ancestors are from Utrecht, and before then from France. They fled to Holland from France during the Napoleon years. Some one of the family in Utrecht has a Website tracing the surname back to the Napoleon years. Sort of shocked me when I first saw it as it has the whole of my pedigree on a public Website. Razz
james067
my surname is andrew
Helios
My surname actually belongs to a duchy of Saxony originated c. 5th century. We even have a family crest. I'm not entitled to any castles (yet), but it's cool nevertheless Smile
rjraaz
Yes, I am very happy with my Surname. It is not that much famous in my whole country, but still I am very happy with it.
spinout
My sur name is HELLMAN. And it actually means man from hell!

Cool!!!
deanhills
spinout wrote:

Cool!!!
I sometimes wonder whether somehow on the subconscious level we are influenced by our first and last names. If someone is named Sunshine for example, he/she may turn into a much more friendly and outgoing person than if they had been named Grumpy.
cybersa
My Surname is
Call me as Android in College because i took Seminar on Android then provide information about android to my class mate.

Then in School,they call me as CyberBoy.

I prefer with CyberBoy Smile
spinout
deanhills wrote:
spinout wrote:

Cool!!!
I sometimes wonder whether somehow on the subconscious level we are influenced by our first and last names. If someone is named Sunshine for example, he/she may turn into a much more friendly and outgoing person than if they had been named Grumpy.

I am sure everybody have noticed my name as cool or devilish!

Some generations back it was not 'Hell Man' but 'Heall man' meaning the man on the rock! But it was more cooler to change it to HELL Man just meaning 'hell' ...

some decades back in the military a very boring guy was there and his surnamne was Borang! Haha, that instantly got 'boring' as his forever nickname Laughing
Insanity
I don't really think about it that way. I just think that it has a lot of history attached to it, and that it probably goes back a long time. I think of it like that, and it makes me feel good to know that so many other people in the past have had my surname, and that it defines who I am by my lineage. But yes, I am very happy with it.
inuyasha
My surname is Chan(or Zhang, in mainland China), which, in Chinese, seems to be for an archer's family. Very Happy The left part of the character means "bow" and the right part "long".
I like it very much~ for Archer sounds really cool Very Happy ~~ That remains me of "elf" in western fairy tales and "miko" in ancient Japan~
appsapps
My surname means "Russian" in Italian. I am neither Russian nor Italian. Confused
D'Artagnan
i think some people may be influenced by the status attached to some surname, mainly in small niches...

my surname is the 2nd most common in brazil, Santos, means Saints... i really never had much to say about it, it's dificult to trace any history to the original family since it's so common it was most probably a name widelly used during the collonization for those who did not have a surname, and since it comes from the catholic term "de todos os santos":"from all saints" , it was probably a placeholder for baptized people without a surname...
_AVG_
My surname is basically named after the village my ancestors originated from. I suppose several surnames are named after geographical regions, villages or towns - and I'm guessing this is not unique to any country or culture (?)
inuyasha
_AVG_ wrote:
I suppose several surnames are named after geographical regions, villages or towns - and I'm guessing this is not unique to any country or culture (?)

Right~ As far as I know there are lots of names after geographical regions in Japan as well. A large number of surnames contain hill, moutain, village, river, land, temple and so on.