FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Samsung Galaxy S III

johans
The Samsung Galaxy S III needs no introduction of course with the wide media mileage the handset’s launch gathered. But just in case you haven’t heard, the Samsung Galaxy S III is the follow up to Samsung’s successful Galaxy S II handset, now upgraded and packing a bigger 4.8-inch Super HD AMOLED screen, a 1.4GHz Samsung Exynos 4 Quad processor, 1GB RAM and an 8-megapixel rear camera. The handset comes with Android’s latest version, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

Samsung considers the Galaxy S III as the most human phone yet with its unique and useful features. The Direct Call feature, for instance, lets users simply hold up the phone onto their ears when texting and the Galaxy S III will automatically call the person. The Social Tag feature, on the other hand, uses a face recognition technology so friends are automatically tagged on the photos taken. Social tag also lets users view social networking statuses of friends tagged in the photos. Pop-up Play is another cool feature that enables users to play a movie and continuously run it floating on the screen while browsing the web or sending a text message or e-mail.
cybersa
I watched the launch event of Samsung Galaxy South III.
It was very nice.
I like all the new features of galaxy.
My favourite features was pop up play.
Shreyas
4.8 inch screen. how is the form factor, i mean that's a very big phone i believe. Confused
zimmer
Shreyas wrote:
4.8 inch screen. how is the form factor, i mean that's a very big phone i believe. Confused

not that big as you think.. i have seen that and try it actual yesterday but the demo dont have internet connection so i did not appreciate it... the size is just the same as iphone 4.. a little bit bigger..
cybersa
Cost of the mobile is very high.
In India it launched for 43500 RS.
For that price I would buy a new laptop. Smile
metalfreek
I would like to get my hand on this beast with 4+ inches screen and Quad core processor. Smartphones now a days are packing a lot of punch. I love galaxy series of smartphone from samsung.
cybersa
metalfreek wrote:
I would like to get my hand on this beast with 4+ inches screen and Quad core processor. Smartphones now a days are packing a lot of punch. I love galaxy series of smartphone from samsung.

I think it would heat up very soon due to its quad core and long screen.
lightwate
feels sad that a phone has overtaken the specs of my laptop. haha! technology these days.

Anyway, I heard it's a phone 'designed by lawyers'. Meaning they did everything they could to avoid getting sued (mostly by apple). Like the square shape, black color, home key shape, etc.

Still looks good though xD
johans
lightwate wrote:
feels sad that a phone has overtaken the specs of my laptop. haha! technology these days.

yap, technology now is getting faster and faster... so its hard to invest with useless in 6 months after due to technology change..
menino
I think the Galaxy s III will be a great phone, especially with its quad core processor.
Yes, and these phones are taking over the power of laptops. Most people prefer smart phones to laptops, and a lto do their work on them as well.
Only thing is that I guess it takes getting used to, as the screen compared to a laptop is cramped.
Still, even with small fonts, these small phones do provide quite readable information.
andro_king
I had my hands on S3 few days back after doing a lot of research. I am really satisfied with this phone, I was earlier sticking to S2, but S3 surely is amazing, speed, user exerience in S3 is great, it just grows on you. I like the screen,picture clarity, sound and camera features, the multi tasking is also useful.

Samsung after making all this a great exerience why give a C class packaging body, the center button is it a legacy you can never forget. S2 seems to have a more sleek and sophisticated look. I also has a bad experience with my handsfree , the wire was chipped and i could see inner wire, further I got a white color handsfree when i have bought a pebble blue phone. The charger cable seems to be shortest one so far seen, so inconvienient.
There was no userguide for such an exensive phone, surprising.

These little things really matter in the overall experience.Samsung is sooooo perfect when it comes to smallest details and perfection.

I am waiting for the next launch on Apple (which have offline mapping and much awaited next gen icloud services to keep Google at bay)
metalfreek
lightwate wrote:

Anyway, I heard it's a phone 'designed by lawyers'. Meaning they did everything they could to avoid getting sued (mostly by apple). Like the square shape, black color, home key shape, etc.

Still looks good though xD

I still remember the days when I had 1Ghz processor computer with 128 MB RAM running XP. Those were the days.