FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Things people should need to pass a test before they can do.

Should people need certification to go shopping?
Yes
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
No
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

TheLimey
Ok in life there are a few things we are not able to do until we pass a test and receive certification. Such as driving... People are not allowed to drive until they pass and get certification. This is a great system as it makes people go through training, classes and lessons in order to be able to drive and pass the test. I feel this system should also be in place for other everyday activities. For example Going to a grocery store!!!! People should have to pass a test in order to be entitled to do this. Or a certification to go to public places. Certification for these places would be units such as "keeping the kids under control" and "driving a shopping cart without stopping randomly in everyone's way"... what you guys think?
Ghost Rider103
Some things we absolutely need tests for. Driving is definitely one of them, as if not done safely you can potentially kill yourself or even others.

However, some things, like going to the grocery store, should not require any sort of "certification" so to speak. The thought of that is ridiculous. Not to mention, renewing the "grocery store certificaton" every few years, like our drivers license. Plus the fees for renewing it on top of that. You know the government would make every little certification cost some sort of fee, it would never be free. If the world operated like this, we would have so many different types of certifications, meaning a ton of new fees, on top of what we are already paying ridiculous fees for.

We already have to get ridiculious licenses and permits for the most basic things. In the stats of South Dakota, you have to have a permit to have one of those little blow up pools in your front lawn. The permit costs around $100... for a blow up pool.... for children. Rolling Eyes

Terrible idea in my opinion. If people at the grocery store upset you to the point where you think they aren't qualified to even be there, I think you need to relax a little. Laughing If someone is in your way, just politely ask them to move. No need to put them through a whole series of tests. Lol
Gregoric
Sounds pretty logical and sensible, people visiting store would know what is really important in their desired product, etc etc all the examples. That would help people themselves and increase need to think all the time.

But.

People have to pass a test to get a driving licence because if they wouldn't be able to drive correctly (the licence is certificate proving that), they could cause a car crash, even with fatal victims. This is why people need the licence.

Also, making people aware What do they buy wouldn't be accepted by all the companies who make people buy their products not with quality but adverts. People would choose other products of truly better quality.

Thirdly, making another test To pass would make society to whine all around, because 'they are free people and this is taking away their rights'. Who would want to hear they are stupid and need to pass test to go somewhere? Smile
briankid
i think i oppose people getting certification before shopping.what if you travel to a country you have'nt been to before on saturday and you are not to eating canned foods due to health issues. will u wait till monday to get your certificate before you can go to the grocery? lol
deanhills
TheLimey wrote:
Ok in life there are a few things we are not able to do until we pass a test and receive certification. Such as driving... People are not allowed to drive until they pass and get certification. This is a great system as it makes people go through training, classes and lessons in order to be able to drive and pass the test. I feel this system should also be in place for other everyday activities. For example Going to a grocery store!!!! People should have to pass a test in order to be entitled to do this. Or a certification to go to public places. Certification for these places would be units such as "keeping the kids under control" and "driving a shopping cart without stopping randomly in everyone's way"... what you guys think?
I don't like unnecessary legislation, there's more than enough as it is, but I wouldn't say no to a course for grocery shopping, banking, how to prepare a will, etc. etc. All of that is pretty essential. Just don't think one needs to be licensed to do grocery shopping. However if there were a course available, I'm sure people would not mind spending a few dollars to attend it, particularly if it came with practicals that include grocery shopping or preparing a will.
standready
People are just rude and self-centered period! No certification is going to stop that. Proof: passing a test and receiving certification still does not make a person a responsible and courteous driver.
lucascoelho
TheLimey wrote:
Or a certification to go to public places. Certification for these places would be units such as "keeping the kids under control" and "driving a shopping cart without stopping randomly in everyone's way"... what you guys think?

Well, when I saw the topic's title I really didn't expect to find something so strange as "certification for grocery shopping", but in the end you really touched some of the points I get worried about.

First of all, I really think people should be much better prepared for parenting. You mentioned "keeping kids under control on public places". Agreed, that's really an important issue but the problem goes way beyond that! We don't see kids having any respect for rules and good behavior in many places and situations nowadays, they don't seem to have any prepare for dealing with other people or their own emotions and what is worse for me: their parents don't seem to give a damn about it!

I know it sounds a little crazy, but maybe it is a case to think on parenting certification, with renewal every year and a new preparation and training on every new child! Maybe that way we could keep having hope on our future citizens, the kids...
lucascoelho
standready wrote:
People are just rude and self-centered period! No certification is going to stop that. Proof: passing a test and receiving certification still does not make a person a responsible and courteous driver.

Oh, in my last post I forgot to comment on the other important issue which is human behavior in general, when TheLimey said people could be able of "driving a shopping cart without stopping randomly in everyone's way".

That really annoys me too. I guess it's also cultural-dependent, not sure, but in some situations I see, for example, people stopping for a chat or something and just blocking the way without caring about. Actually, many times they seem not even to notice it! Well, maybe they're just stupid, like the ones stopping the shopping cart in someone's way, but I take that as lack of consideration at least, a true disrespect.

Anyway, I've to agree when standready says that "People are just rude and self-centered period!". But it gets me really said to face that horrible truth.

Again, I guess House is right: "People don't change"!
ocalhoun
What should they have to pass a test before doing? Anything that doing badly could cause a lot of damage to society.

Driving, Flying, Heavy machinery, High-powered weapons, Reproducing... et cetera.

Shopping, however, does not have the potential to cause lots of damage to society, so no need for licensing for that.