FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pole change in Dec2012!!! Massive earthquakes comming a.s.o.

spinout
So if the predictions are correct the poles are changing in december, it kind of happens every 25000 thousand years... North is south then. The water wirls the other way a.s.o.

This means a major problems to the core of the earth... it will tilt n turn due to this... Causing eruptions supposingly... Vulcano activity and tsunamis...

also wil the earth wheather chang direction making a heck of a "storm" ... That wil go bad I presume...

How do U prepare for this????
deanhills
Well I'll probably first investigate the validity of all of these claims first, then if they are true, try and hedge my risks by doing research as to the places that are most likely to be affected the least.
Josso
Is this pole shift thing actually legit never bothered to research... heard about it years ago. Don't give me the 12/12 crap though PLEASE.
spinout
12/12? 21st 2012 Smile

that is just what crap this is. The date means a pole shift, only.
But the effect is still tremendous - if the core is effected!
HVLGruppen
If it is true, then I'd probably go be with someone I love. And buy lots of canned food, shit is going down. Also, what does a.s.o. mean?
Josso
spinout wrote:
12/12? 21st 2012 Smile

that is just what crap this is. The date means a pole shift, only.
But the effect is still tremendous - if the core is effected!

12/12 = dec 2012

Can has sources plz
standready
Josso wrote:

Can has sources plz

OK
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012-poleReversal.html
"no dramatic effects"
Boom for the compass makers as all current compasses will be wrong after shift. Laughing
Josso
Good to read something for once that actually brings some rationality to the subject.
Ghost Rider103
Judging by the article provided, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that the pole shift will take place during December of 2012, or even the year 2012 at all.

Quote:
The science shows that magnetic pole reversal is in terms of geologic time scales a common occurrence that happens gradually over millennia. While the conditions that cause polarity reversals are not entirely predictable...

So this leads me to believe they have no way of telling when it will actually happen. And if it does, it wouldn't happen in one day.

I'm not doubting that the poles can shift, but I don't see why people are assuming it will cause any type of destruction.
SonLight
:snicker: The 2012 nonsense again. Of course the Earth's MAGNETIC poles are going to shift, but even if it started this year, it would take decades before the effect would be substantial. When someone says "pole shift" it is normal to think of the planet physically flipping over some way, and there is no reason to think that will ever happen, unless we got hit by a HUGE planetoid. (Planet X, anyone?)

I have read something about the magnetic field declining over the last few centuries which could indicate a reversal of the magnetic poles coming soon -- in the next 1000 years perhaps. The big concern about magnetic pole shifts is that our magnetic field could be too weak to shield us from solar flares and stuff. As the shift took place, there would always be some magnetism. Doubtless radiation exposure would increase somewhat, but the effect might not be dramatic.
briankid
have'nt heard of it before but i still dont believe,can some one please post a link to convince me a bit
Bikerman
Jeezuz Wept.
Of course there will not be a bloody pole-shift in 2012. When will this crap stop?
Magnetic field reversals are perfectly normal and take centuries or even millenia. The magnetic poles have been wandering for as long as we have been measuring them. The magnetic field strength is also diminishing. Maybe, in a few centuries, there will be a complete reversal. It won't happen on a particular day though.
playfungames
I kind of heard that the pole change does not happen at once. The geographical poles are shifting but I think it is a process that takes a long period of years (don't know how long).
spinout
Hm, not ln a particular day but the time for the reversal to begin is revealed!
coolclay
Revealed by who?
Bikerman
spinout wrote:

No, it really isn't - or actually it IS, but only to those SCIENCE-FANS or SCIENTISTS doing real work on the issue. It is thought by many of those that the reversal 'started' some time ago. another group take the view that this is a weakening but not certain, probably not even likely, to produce a flip.
There is plenty of genuine, interesting, contentious information about this issue in the reliable sources without people somehow finding it necessary to visit every crackpot site and bullshit pseudo-scientist on the web.
Josso
Bikerman wrote:
spinout wrote:

No, it really isn't - or actually it IS, but only to those SCIENCE-FANS or SCIENTISTS doing real work on the issue. It is thought by many of those that the reversal 'started' some time ago. another group take the view that this is a weakening but not certain, probably not even likely, to produce a flip.
There is plenty of genuine, interesting, contentious information about this issue in the reliable sources without people somehow finding it necessary to visit every crackpot site and bullshit pseudo-scientist on the web.

I second this entire post word by word.
spinout
In a relative speeking of course it started already. I was thinking of the actual reverse.

hm, I am sure the earth is flat also! Laughing
ocalhoun
spinout wrote:

Crack open a cold beer and enjoy.
spinout
hehe, yep I go for a Tuborg beer!
abhizz
ocalhoun wrote:
spinout wrote:

Crack open a cold beer and enjoy.

That's really great! But i don't think a massive earthquake will happen
IceCreamTruck
Pole shift casualties prediction: 0

Stupidity casualties prediction: immeasurable

Think about it! It doesn't hurt to go looking for information, but you must beware your sources! Given the current climate you'd think people would be worried about stupidity hurting them, but they choose to worry about things they don't understand.

I don't mean to insult the original poster, because this has become a good topic on frihost that lots more people need to read, and read the NASA links contained here for more reliable info.

If something is coming to kill us all, then don't worry about it. There is nothing you can do except live each day as if it is your last, which as it turns out, is good advice. In the event the world is going to end, then I trust Bikerman will understand what is happening, and he will save us! Smile

PS. massive earthquake is happening! Italy has been shaking all week!
spinout
Tsunamis is here - due to the magnetic change. Again....
Tsunami casualties = many.
Tsunami prediction = 0.
tahayassen
What is with everyone's obsession with 2012? -_-

So many illiterates in this world.
IceCreamTruck
tahayassen wrote:

Those who have no knowledge seem to resort to superstition and what seem like patterns to explain things they don't understand. Recognizing patterns is what our brains do before we know language or how to express ourselves as children, and this continues where knowledge is not introduced to fill the void -- the brain simply keeps completing patterns and imagining fantastic reasons and causes.

Really, 2012 does not hold a candle to the dihydrogen monoxide problem that earth is experiencing. I just wish people would learn about the dijydrogen monoxide problem, and it's prevalence in everything we eat, even as a seemingly pointless additive to the food our children eat with little or no thought to the short term or long term effects! Please go here for full details: http://www.dhmo.org/
tahayassen
IceCreamTruck wrote:
tahayassen wrote:

Those who have no knowledge seem to resort to superstition and what seem like patterns to explain things they don't understand. Recognizing patterns is what our brains do before we know language or how to express ourselves as children, and this continues where knowledge is not introduced to fill the void -- the brain simply keeps completing patterns and imagining fantastic reasons and causes.

Really, 2012 does not hold a candle to the dihydrogen monoxide problem that earth is experiencing. I just wish people would learn about the dijydrogen monoxide problem, and it's prevalence in everything we eat, even as a seemingly pointless additive to the food our children eat with little or no thought to the short term or long term effects! Please go here for full details: http://www.dhmo.org/

Dihydrogen monoxide is going to poison everyone! Sad
IceCreamTruck
tahayassen wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
tahayassen wrote:

Dihydrogen monoxide is going to poison everyone! Sad

The casualties related to this compound every year is staggering, as well as the level of consumption in the USA and similar countries. Alcohol seems to exacerbate the issue when the two are mixed at social gatherings, which is a regular and common occurrence, and many people are unaware of the danger. We may never fully realize the extent of the damage already done, but me and my friends have been doing our best to raise public awareness, but it's an uphill battle to put regulations in place that will prevent or restrict it's widespread use in the commercial processed food industry.

Fearing 2012 is lame! Fear something that can kill you in seconds if you encounter it in it's pure form, or if it's only slightly diluted with other compounds and elements! I give the link for your knowledge, so please use it! http://www.dhmo.org/
ocalhoun
spinout wrote:
Tsunamis is here - due to the magnetic change. Again....

Yep, everybody knows that when the poles (suddenly, right) reverse, all the water will rush toward the other pole, because water is magnetic.

Rolling Eyes
deanhills
Just seen a rerun of the old movie "The Day after Tomorrow". Wonder how long it is going to take for the earth to take revenge on all of the environmental abuses. The earth has to have some survival mechanism where after abuse No. Too Many, it may go into survival mode climatically that could create a major challenge for its inhabitants.
IceCreamTruck
Earth's Built in Solutions for the human problem:

1. We are waaaaaay beyond due another ice age. I have read many reports of ice cores that confirm their regular occurrence, but also that the pattern is atypical at this point where we find that we are currently inside a rather large space of time in which we have not experienced any significant drops in global temperature.

2. Yellowstone will BURP! The western seaboard of the united states, aka our little piece of the Pacific "Ring of Fire", will also undergo rapid changes during that time, but to what extent is speculative. When Yellowstone has it's next serious event we will all know it happened.

Tectonic activity will eventually bury our foot print even though it's extensive when you consider cement and asphalt put down in all of human construction. We might not survive, but biology survives at such extremes that the risk to planet or biologic diversity should not be that concerning. "Save the planet" should read "save the humans", as biology and the planet come second and third on a risk chart.

We need closed loop systems and really open minds and hearts in order to figure out anything other than dying in the most interesting way we can -- right now, that is our future within relative certainty unless we innovate a way off this rock, and expand our chances to include other options for survival.

Right now, all our humans are in one basket, and the situation is precarious if not dangerous. I'm not saying it's impossible for us to survive indefinitely, but our population problem will be short lived.
deanhills
Guess every one should be moving to the south then? Maybe somewhere in South America?
lockwoodman
Scary stuff!
spinout
Hm, ever heard of the polarbear that swimmed to island (iceland)? (the ices are melting for them)

Ha, when that poor bear finally came to iceland (preatty long swim...) then the icelanders shoot him instantly! Laughing

polarbears are Suckers Sad
Coen
spinout wrote:
Hm, ever heard of the polarbear that swimmed to island (iceland)? (the ices are melting for them)

Ha, when that poor bear finally came to iceland (preatty long swim...) then the icelanders shoot him instantly! Laughing

polarbears are Suckers Sad

I fail to see how that is funny...

Either way, if something drastic would happen there would be little I as an individual could do about it (running away for, say, a tsunami would be relatively pointless). If you knew something huge was coming in advance you could try finding a safe place but other than that it's grabbing a beer and keeping your fingers crossed in the mean time.
spinout
Haha, that was actually taken from a stand up comedy show here in Sweden, based on a true story...

Well stand up comedy are different in every culture...