FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Solar Eclipse!

Aredon
Did anyone get any good photos of the eclipse today that they would like to share? Smile
johans
i saw it on the television only... it was aw-some.. looks like ring of fire..
HVLGruppen
Where was there an eclipse? I didn't even hear anything about it.
johans
HVLGruppen wrote:
Where was there an eclipse? I didn't even hear anything about it.

here is the link for the solar eclipse information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_May_20,_2012

dont worry if you missed it today you still have chance to see it by November of this year.. after that if you missed it then you wait for another 3 years..
briankid
also didnt heard of it but looking forward to witnessing the one in november
johans
briankid wrote:
also didnt heard of it but looking forward to witnessing the one in november

cool..

i just want to correct my statement above.. if you miss out by November then you wait for 12 years ... its not 3 years.. its 12 years.
playfungames
I really did not know about this eclipse. I think it did not happen in my part of the world.
Aredon
Well my friends posted some images of it on facebook, but I don't really feel right posting them here without permission. I can ask though. I was just wondering if anyone else had any pictures.
deanhills
I saw the really great ones on the Internet. Fascinating stuff.
playfungames
Well I just saw the picture of this solar eclipse on reddit. Looks like someone took great pains to take the pictures and put them together as one. I hope it is of the same solar eclipse.

Anyways here is the picture

http://i.imgur.com/pOIw5.jpg
andro_king
when did this eclipse actually take place ...? from where were the pics clicked..?
BigGeek
Sorry, no pics, I do not have a sun filter for my camera, and trying to take pictures through the welding mask glass didn't turn out very good.

I saw the beginning of it, and the end, but unfortunately from my house in Colorado, and big cloud floated into our view during the peak time, and we couldn't see it......bummer!

Welding mask worked great for viewing though Cool
Aredon
BigGeek wrote:
I saw the beginning of it, and the end, but unfortunately from my house in Colorado, and big cloud floated into our view during the peak time, and we couldn't see it......bummer!

Ahh that bites! Pesky weather! I had a hard time getting a view of it here, very hilly, lots of trees. I did catch a short glimpse though, it was pretty awesome. Cool

Quote:
Aye that's one of the methods they recommend! I imagine it would be pretty hard to take a photo through though.
BigGeek
Aredon wrote:
BigGeek wrote:

Ahh that bites! Pesky weather! I had a hard time getting a view of it here, very hilly, lots of trees. I did catch a short glimpse though, it was pretty awesome. Cool

Quote:
Aye that's one of the methods they recommend! I imagine it would be pretty hard to take a photo through though.

Yeah trying to hold the camera inside the welding mask and get a picture was a little difficult, thing is, that the picture did not come out at all like the view through the mask.

I heard they recommended using welding masks before, however I've been using them for solar views since the 1980's, I have always figured that if you can look at a weld and not burn your eyes out, you should be able to look at the sun and receive the same protection.

I've always owned a welder, thus always had welding masks! I suggest the darkest lenses possible just to be safe Cool
Insanity
I don't have any photos, but I did not have a very good experience watching the eclipse. I almost burned my eyes out because I didn't view it properly. Hopefully, everyone else got some nice pictures though. I think it's almost better to see a photo because it's so difficult to see during the daytime.
Aredon
Insanity wrote:
I don't have any photos, but I did not have a very good experience watching the eclipse. I almost burned my eyes out because I didn't view it properly. Hopefully, everyone else got some nice pictures though. I think it's almost better to see a photo because it's so difficult to see during the daytime.
You didn't wear anything protective while staring at the sun? Surprised That just seems really unwise my friend...
Ryox
Solar Eclipses are pretty awesome! I wish I could of seen them..

I will take pictures when the others happen If I am in viewable site of it! Smile
Aredon
Ryox wrote:

Agreed, this one was especially cool because it was an annular eclipse. So if you were in the right place you got to see a "ring of fire". Very cool indeed. Cool

Looks like the next eclipse will be a total, but unfortunately you'll have to be in the middle of the pacific ocean to see it. Or the northeastern most part of Australia at dawn. Which actually could give some pretty cool photos. Sunrise + Eclipse? Sounds like a breathtaking photo.
Ryox
Aredon wrote:
Ryox wrote:

Agreed, this one was especially cool because it was an annular eclipse. So if you were in the right place you got to see a "ring of fire". Very cool indeed. Cool

Looks like the next eclipse will be a total, but unfortunately you'll have to be in the middle of the pacific ocean to see it. Or the northeastern most part of Australia at dawn. Which actually could give some pretty cool photos. Sunrise + Eclipse? Sounds like a breathtaking photo.

yea i know right. I just wish I could see a Lunar Eclipse, I have only seen one and I didn't have a camera back than so I couldn't take pictures! Sad