FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Scanning a Polaroid picture

XchaosX
Dose anyone who knows anything about Polaroid pictures know if I can scan it into my computer and take it to the store to make a printout photo
coolclay
I am sure you can scan it just like an other photo. However this usually lowers the quality of the image, and polaroids pictures are already fairly low quality. So you may end up with a very low quality final product by, it's probably worth a shot!
gheba
I did that once... I got quite good results by maximising the light (brightness) on the scanner settings.

Then I applied the standard auto-color correction using Irfanview.

Not perfect but more than acceptable. Let us know the results!
XchaosX
I will give it a try gheba
rmines
One suggestion for scanning pictures in general is to scan at higher resolution, 600 dpi, make corrections and then resize to a smaller 300 dpi for printing. You will be a lot happier with the outcome. I do digital restorations on old photographs. This is one trick I use to get great end results. Make sure you do a "Save As" when you do the smaller dpi. Another free picture viewer with some good bells and whistles we used in our photography classes was Faststone. Really like its thumbnail creator for printing out the pictures to put with a CD of the pics.
badai
How bad is polaroid picture now? 25 years ago, it was not much different from normal picture that you take using film and develop in shop. but i remember after a while (months or years) the picture will degrade. but new polaroid picture still look good and i think can be scan as you would scan any normal picture.
dude_xyx
Well You can do it same as you do for any other photo. scan it take it to lab and get a photo print olso these days there are Polaroid digital instant cameras. You can save images into memory card and move to phone or computer.