FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Introduction to C++ Programming+First Program

geniesmile
The C++ programming language was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup at Bell Labs in the 1980s. It was originally named "C with classes". The language was planned as a better version of the C programming language and it added features like object-oriented programming. Step by step, a lot of advanced features were added to the language, like operator overloading, exception handling and templates.

The following text is C++ source code and it will write the words "Hello World!" to the screen when it has been compiled and is executed.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
cout << "Hello World!";

return 0;
}
thanhcuong1990
If you is starter learning C++. Then 3 website flowing is best choice:
http://www.learncpp.com/
http://cplusplus.com/
http://www.cprogramming.com/
bijit
There is a site where u can run your codes online and can see the output at the same time..
These are the list of languages in which you can code..
    C
    C++
    D
    Haskell
    Lua
    OCaml
    PHP
    Perl
    Plain Text
    Python
    Ruby
    Scheme
    Tcl

This is really helpful for learners who has problems in loading the compilers in their own machine..
http://codepad.org/
k_s_baskar
bijit wrote:
There is a site where u can run your codes online and can see the output at the same time..
This is really helpful for learners who has problems in loading the compilers in their own machine..
http://codepad.org/

Nice info thanks for sharing
LxGoodies
Currently I'm learning to use Objective-C.

This is a C-dialect used by XCode, for Apple OS-X

It differs. I've done some C++ but Objective-C feels differently.

Apple can be programmed in C++ as well, but XCode IDE works more convenient with Objective-C..

Lx
Maelkun
It seems great to work with Objective C, but now I am working with C++ and C#, and C# is really great compared to the old C++
Peterssidan
Maelkun wrote:
C# is really great compared to the old C++

Use new C++ then. The latest C++ standard was approved August 2011 and is called C++11.
jajarvin
I am still using only basic C-language.
Is there more coders who make their code in my way?
codegeek
jajarvin wrote:

Although the object oriented approach to programming requires some effort to learn initially, I have found it quite superior and easier to use than procedural programming. The main thing is how it models the real world and you get to work with "objects" rather than plain functions. For example, if you wanted a cat, you would just write a Cat class with all the required data members and methods and then do something like this:

Cat boots;
boots.Meow();

...which is easier to understand as well as implement than its procedural counterpart.
Marcuzzo
codegeek wrote:
jajarvin wrote:

Although the object oriented approach to programming requires some effort to learn initially, I have found it quite superior and easier to use than procedural programming. The main thing is how it models the real world and you get to work with "objects" rather than plain functions. For example, if you wanted a cat, you would just write a Cat class with all the required data members and methods and then do something like this:
Cat boots;
boots.Meow();
...which is easier to understand as well as implement than its procedural counterpart.

I'd like to add a more important features of OO...
- inheritance
- encapsulation
- maintainability

and many more.
shashwatblack
As a student i feel that c++ is a great way to step into object oriented programming. it's even easier when you're already familiar with c. when you are familiar with the features of object oriented programming, like encapsulation, inheritance, and many more, it gets a lot easier to dig into more advanced programming, using other libraries and APIs. c++ is a great language to stick to professionally, but even if you wanted to step into others like java, c# it gets much easier since you already have the basic concepts set up. i'm still only a student who hasn't learned much, c, (learning) c++, a little VB, and some c#. but i'm really enjoying c++ and learning so much.