FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is this? 20+ coin for right answer...

sonam
Ok I will start this contest with one image. First one who gives right answer in next three days will get 20 coins. If I didn't get right answer in next three days I will upload another image and deduct price for two on 18 coins. And so on...

EDIT: Rules are changed. I will add one coin every day as long someone didn't give right answer.

Sonam
truespeed
Pencil?
Josso
A floor tile?
sonam
No. No. Both answer are wrong. Try again. Very Happy
It is very interesting how our mind can imagine some things. For little help I am ready to give answers on your questions for example: Is this in correlation with food?

Sonam
Ghost Rider103
Ah that is extremely tough.

It does appear to be sitting on some sort of table, in some sort of pan, or even a can.

It also looks like it has ripples ontop of it, like it's been compressed.

I'm going to guess its some sort of food in a can, though I have no clue what kind of food this is. Doesn't really look like anything I've ever eaten. Cat food maybe? Lol
Josso
Does it have a metal edging?
sonam
It is compressed in some way. It is metal but I don't think it is edging.
loremar
sandbox?
truespeed
Spam?
lucascoelho
Ham.
sonam
Nothing for eat. It is not spam. It is not box but it is part of something.
busaboss
It's really hard I can't figure it out. Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
Can we get more of a general idea of what it is?

You said its metal... We're you talking about the edging we were discussing earlier, or the whole object in general?

This has me totally stumped...
Vanilla
This looks like wood enclosed in metal. And I have no idea of what it is. Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
Vanilla wrote:
This looks like wood enclosed in metal. And I have no idea of what it is. Very Happy

That's sort of what my next guess was. I thought it could be a table, with the edges having a metal liner around it.

But he said it was compressed. Plus the vertical marks have me guessing the substance is not solid, or I it is solid, it once wasn't.
Josso
Some kind of building material? Like a post...?

Confused
mahirh
badly scanned cross-section of a wood object?
loremar
Is it an octagonal flat metallic plate covered by sand or soil?

I'm thinking the scratches means that beige thingy was brushed to expose the metallic surface of the object.

EDIT: Have to probably guess what that beige colored thing is. It's compressed so it's probably powdered or pulverized.
A sand of wood particles - I don't know the English term. Damn! I hate my vocabulary.
loremar
Is it a sawdust?
sonam
Wow, I am really impressed how fast is coming lot of ideas.

There is not any part of wood. It is not building material (if we didn't talk about metal like building material) but some special buildings have this. Sometimes, this can stay separate of building (like in this situation) but normally it is part of this special building.

Quote:
Plus the vertical marks have me guessing the substance is not solid

Right, substance around is not solid but in some way it is covered in something bigger.

Quote:
You said its metal...

It is metal in all ways if we are talking about this part or all together.

Quote:
Is it an octagonal flat metallic plate covered by sand or soil?

It is not metalic plate and it is not covered by sand or soil.

Try to imagine something bigger and more bigger. There in the world is lot of different items with different dimensions.

Sonam
sonam
Ok, here is new image. Like I promise. Smile

But I change rules in positive way. I will add one coin every day as long someone didn't give right answer.

TODAY 21 COINS

Sonam

P.S.
Can we make this featured to give a chance for new members, too.
loremar
Now I'm completely clueless.

Quote:
Can we make this featured to give a chance for new members, too.

Yeah, this is fun. Very Happy
sonam
loremar wrote:
Now I'm completely clueless.

Actually this is my intention with this contest. Twisted Evil

Sonam
adri
Just a guess: An Octagonal Parallel Pin Punch? (Or just pin punch in general)
shareshots
Is it a piece of stained glass with lead wrapped around the edges? Question
sonam
It is not pin punch, it is not stained glass. Like I wrote before it is metal. By the way pin punch have normal buildings. This is part of some special buildings not ordinary.

Today 22 coins for right answer.

Sonam
Ghost Rider103
Is it some sort of special kind of door knob/handle?

I don't really know too much about buildings. Is this something only a carpenter/architect would know of?
sonam
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Is it some sort of special kind of door knob/handle?

I don't really know too much about buildings. Is this something only a carpenter/architect would know of?

Every one know about it, for sure. In some way everyone have this in house or flat but not in this form (modern version). For example like hanging lamp instead of candles. Of course, it is possible to find it on different places without building, like logos, like design tips, etc.

Sonam
sonam
Ok, no one??? No, question? Shocked

Today 23 coins for right answer!

Sonam
Ghost Rider103
Don't really know what to ask... This doesn't look like anything I'm familiar with.

Can we see a bit more of the photo?
sonam
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Don't really know what to ask... This doesn't look like anything I'm familiar with.

Can we see a bit more of the photo?

Ok! Here is little bit bigger image. I think now you will get better perspective and imagination what is this.

Sonam
loremar
Much confusing!

What kind of metal is it? I can't imagine a metal that's color beige.
You also said the non-modern version can be found in houses. Which part of the house you usually find it?
If not in buildings, you can find it in logos and designs? Is it something where you hang logos? Is it elongated?
lucascoelho
Yeah, those last infos just got me more confused (but I guess it's part of the guessing process, right).

I'd just like to be sure: are we talking only about that octagonal part or does it include that brighter rounded part that seems to be underneath? If it doesn't include it, what is that? Just something you used to put the mysterious object on for the picture? Maybe knowing about it would help us focus on what really matters.

By the way, what have logos and designs to do with that? You told us to think bigger and that it's present in buildings, on this version on special ones and on an older version almost everywhere. I can't see what logos and homes have in common... :-p

Also, if we're allowed to ask, does it have any sort of dynamics? Like, can we move that inner part, the beige one, like sliding it or something on the metal border (as I noticed what seems to be a part of the beige stuff out of the border on one of the sides)?

Thanks a lot and congratz for the nice idea of this quiz!
adri
Is it that middle piece of a bell? (I don't know the english word for it) Or a bell in its whole? (Churchbell maybe? in that case, the special house would be the church?)

lucascoelho
adri wrote:
Is it that middle piece of a bell? (I don't know the english word for it) Or a bell in its whole? (Churchbell maybe? in that case, the special house would be the church?)

Wow, it would really make sense if we think on the word "bell", as every building has some sort of it and the churches fit on the "special building" categories, but I really don't think it is because although we call bell what we have on houses and flats, it's not even close to a real bell just like in your picture, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm dying to know!!! Tell us, sonam, did adri got it right?? Laughing
Josso
Adri that does seem to be in correlation with the clues

I'm going to be so pissed if you just got that Surprised
sonam
Congratulations ADRI Applause

Your answer is right. YOU WIN 23 coins Dancing

This is bell what I make photo from below on last trip. Photo is not perfect because I would like to have pendulum in the center but sun is to strong and I cannot see good.

Quote:
I really don't think it is because although we call bell what we have on houses and flats

I am sorry if I make any confusion with my answers (I am doing a best) this is because English is not my native language. If any player fill harmed with my answers I will donate him 10 coins. Wink

Sonam
johans
truespeed wrote:
Spam?

lol

my answer will be CLAY.?
Vanilla
Oh good grief! A BELL?! I would never think of that! Well played sonam, and congrats Adri!
johans
i like this game.. one more game post.. Very Happy
loremar
sonam wrote:
If any player fill harmed with my answers I will donate him 10 coins.

Yes I was harmed. I should check my brain to the hospital so you better pay me 10 coins now. lol just kidding. Razz

Yeah I was thinking about church when you said special buildings but there were a lot of clues which are misleading. I thought we are suppose to guess that beige thing. That beige thing isn't metal is it? Very Happy
lucascoelho
Well, I can't say I was harmed or not... the point is, if someone could guess it (congratulations, adri!), so could any of us! So, too bad we didn't think hard enough or something. Smile

By the way, that was the only forum that I really enjoyed lately. I've lost some interest on Frihost. Things here used to be more interesting, now I just see silly posts, apart from on or other, like this one.

Any new games like this, please invite me!!! Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
Congratulations Adri!

I think I can safely say I never would have guessed a bell! Especially without your hints.

When is the next photo coming? Very Happy
sonam
Thanks all players on contribute in contest. Without players contest is dead and I am happy if you all are enjoy. Very Happy

New one is coming soon. Today I must work little bit for real money. Razz

Sonam
adri
Thanks guys (and Vanilla). Smile

It wasn't that hard to guess, i was a matter of reconstructing the shape, trying to figure out from which angle the photo was taken and the size of it (small or really big).

Thanks for the coins sonam and I'm glad to see that this contest has been prolonged. Smile

adri
sonam
adri wrote:
Thanks guys (and Vanilla). Smile

It wasn't that hard to guess, i was a matter of reconstructing the shape, trying to figure out from which angle the photo was taken and the size of it (small or really big).

Thanks for the coins sonam and I'm glad to see that this contest has been prolonged. Smile

adri

It will be soon when I find something between my photos. By the way this bell image is photographed only for contest on frihost. Laughing

Sonam
Josso
johans wrote:
my answer will be CLAY.?

That's actually the first thing I thought

LOL god damn you Adri. I kept thinking it was looking down on it until I saw the curve in the last pic
sonam
Ok, here is new test. This contest start with 10 coins and every day I will give one more coin. The rules are little bit different then if first contest because now I would like to get name of full object not for any part of this object. Of course, ask whatever you want. Wink

Sonam
adri
A waterwheel? Or a watermill if you really want to have the full thing. Smile

adri
sonam
adri wrote:
A waterwheel? Or a watermill if you really want to have the full thing. Smile

adri

No and no! It will be too easy. Wink

Sonam
GuidanceReader
A cart?? Like the ones the horses used to pull before we had cars.
johans
boat/ ship wheel navigator OR old ships engine..
Gregoric
Eiffel Tower of Paris?

Or it may be part of some enormous construction like bridge or some factory machinery. Lift engine?

It seems to be very stable so it holds or connects some heavy, large elements. I just don't know what perspective has the photo been taken (like I couldn't have imagined that the picture of the bell was taken from down), don't say that if that's important Smile.

If not any of above: is it part of some moving machine or is it static?
Josso
Some kind of gear for a mechanism at a mine?
loremar
Old clockworks? wagon?

...Or is it a Cannon?
sonam
I cannot believe. We got right answer. The winner is...

Gregoric

Congratulation! Eleven coins is yours. Very Happy

This is bridge. One very old bridge in Berlin. This is center of wheel what is open bridge for pass boats below it.

Thanks to all for playing. Now I need to find something new. Cool

Sonam
Gregoric
Hah, lucky me Smile And I thought it was Eiffel Tower, haha.

You know the guy pushing the wheel on photo?

Thanks for the coins. If upcoming puzzle will be hard to solve, I will give some points to the pool, to encourage people to think and use imagination. Thanks again and see you on the next photo Smile
Josso
That's weird I was almost thinking it was a loch at one point but I haven't seen any mechanisms like that on bridges or lochs
sonam
Quote:
Hah, lucky me

Yeah, lucky you. This give me one more idea for next content. Because I would like to make more interesting contest with more questions about it and for more members in game I will allow only one answer per day. Or maybe two. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
You know the guy pushing the wheel on photo?

He is my best friend.

Quote:
That's weird I was almost thinking it was a loch at one point but I haven't seen any mechanisms like that on bridges or lochs

Interesting how small peace of something can imagine people to find out right answer. The mind is really impressive.

Sonam
Josso
sonam wrote:
Quote:

Interesting how small peace of something can imagine people to find out right answer. The mind is really impressive.

Yeah I think a lot of pattern recognition in the mind is based largely on subconcious knowledge
sonam
Quote:
Yeah I think a lot of pattern recognition in the mind is based largely on subconcious knowledge

For next contest I must find something what mind cannot recognize to easy. Laughing

Sonam
andro_king
Hey this contest is really awesome..I just saw it on frihost..!! Hope i will not be bored anymore..!! Very Happy Waiting for the next contest..!! Cool Cool
infinity_xpeed
hey where's the next image contest?
sonam
infinity_xpeed wrote:
hey where's the next image contest?

I haven't time in this moment because I am opening my company and I have lot of works with administration, etc.

Sonam
nathanadhitya
Amigo Any new contests?
sawdclan
some pole
sonam
sawdclan wrote:
some pole

Sorry, no time. I am just start my new business and I need to develop lot of things. Maybe in future, but not now.

Sonam
andro_king
sonam wrote:
sawdclan wrote:
some pole

Sorry, no time. I am just start my new business and I need to develop lot of things. Maybe in future, but not now.

Sonam

Good luck with your new business !
sonam
Thanks andro_king, now is little bit easier but still lot of work. I am learning lot of new things what I never hear before. My new portal is for unemployed peoples in Croatia (offer jobs), and support thinks about self-employing. Normally this is work for few peoples not only one but now I am start it and I cannot stop it. Smile

Sonam
andro_king
sonam wrote:
Thanks andro_king, now is little bit easier but still lot of work. I am learning lot of new things what I never hear before. My new portal is for unemployed peoples in Croatia (offer jobs), and support thinks about self-employing. Normally this is work for few peoples not only one but now I am start it and I cannot stop it. Smile

Sonam

Good to hear Smile
All the best !
zaxacongrejo
hi
That’s some kind dessert and outdated food you better don’t eat that some white mustiness are already present
i guess that as something to do with chocolate maybe Chocolate Mousse or something
sonam
zaxacongrejo wrote:
hi
That’s some kind dessert and outdated food you better don’t eat that some white mustiness are already present
i guess that as something to do with chocolate maybe Chocolate Mousse or something

Ha, ha, I have feeling you are little bit late on this contest. But, you are giving me idea and I will start new contest right now.
zaxacongrejo
hi newbie lol i didnt noticed, no prob and what was it?
sonam
The rules are same like before. What is this? The right answer will get 20+ coins! Lets goooo!!!

Of course you can ask any question about it.

Sonam
Peterssidan
Is it the mouth of that McDonald's clown?
sonam
Welcome in the game Peterssidan. This is not mouth of clown.

Sonam
zaxacongrejo
ops my english is not great and google does not translate it for me
what is Sonam can you explain please?
sonam
This is simple game. The small part of image is cut out from bigger image. You must give right answer what is on big image. After few days I will upload little bit bigger image, and so on... Every day I add one coin more on 20 starting coins. Ones someone write right answer this round is over and I am sending accumulated coins to winner.

You can ask any question about image, except "What is this?" Smile

Sonam
zaxacongrejo
lol sorry i thought sonam was the thing on the image i just noticed that is your name
sorry Smile
andro_king
sonam wrote:
The rules are same like before. What is this? The right answer will get 20+ coins! Lets goooo!!!

Sonam

Great ! Contest is back !
i guess it is painting..? or does it look so because of poor resolution of the camera ?
truespeed
Toothpaste on a toothbrush?
cybersa
sonam wrote:

Sonam

It looks like a word.
Is it correct?
sonam
No, no, no. The answers are wrong.

BTW resolution of camera is quite good.

Sonam
andro_king
Is that an art work ?,
sonam
Quote:
Is that an art work ?

Yes, it is. Smile

Sonam
cybersa
I think,the artwork was painted on the wall.
andro_king
waiting for the larger image Smile
cybersa
andro_king wrote:
waiting for the larger image Smile

Yeah,
That could be helpful. Wink
deanhills
Looks like a clown version of "The Scream"?
zaxacongrejo
that’s surrealism from Salvador Dalí
a piece of a picture?
i saw you like contests please take a look at the suggestions forums i post a suggestion about a pot/piñata
sonam
Quote:
that’s surrealism from Salvador Dalí

Quote:
Looks like a clown version of "The Scream"?

No and no.

Ok, little bit bigger image...

What we know till now: this is some kind of art. Questions?!

Sonam
Peterssidan
I think it is two teeth.
zaxacongrejo
Its Birthday cake
Is it eatable?
sonam
No, it is not two teeth and no birthday cake...

Sonam
Peterssidan
Is it a rug/carpet?
sonam
No it is not carpet and it is not eatable.

Sonam
andro_king
Is that an decorative art ?,
zaxacongrejo
women shoes
andro_king
what kind of art work is that ?
zaxacongrejo
its cushion an ofen known as pillow
cybersa
It's looks like
Curtain
Bedsheets
Some kind of doll like Donald duck.
Some type of cover
deanhills
Is it part of a crown?
andro_king
Yesterday,I thought a bigger picture might help.But this picture is more complex. :p Anyways let me wait from another bigger picture . Smile
cybersa
andro_king wrote:
Yesterday,I thought a bigger picture might help.But this picture is more complex. :p Anyways let me wait from another bigger picture . Smile

+1
Same here
zaxacongrejo
its your new hat
sonam
Quote:

This is not some decorative art. BUT the peoples doing the same decorative art.

Sonam
sonam
The answers on all is NO. 23 coins is in the game and here is little bit bigger image...

Ha, ha, ha... art but not decorative Razz

Sonam
andro_king
Is that any part of dress material ?
Tribe peoples art work ?,
andro_king
sonam wrote:
Quote:

This is not some decorative art. BUT the peoples doing the same decorative art.

Sonam

Is that a rangoli design ?,
andro_king
sonam wrote:
The answers on all is NO. 23 coins is in the game and here is little bit bigger image...

Sonam

Is that your bed cover ?,
It is some cloth !
sonam
It is not tribe people art but you are going in right way.

Sonam
andro_king
sonam wrote:
It is not tribe people art but you are going in right way.

Sonam

Which kind of art it belongs to ?
deanhills
Looks like a party cake for kids?
sonam
deanhills wrote:
Looks like a party cake for kids?

Yeah, it is looking like cake but it is not cake. The feeling of cake you will have all the time especially because this is special art. BUT don't take too seriously word ART.

Sonam
jmraker
It looks like it could be the arch of a doorway or window.
Maybe a casino/festival marquee or something Mimi Bobeck would wore

Is the decorative item flat, or does it have a definite 3rd dimension?

http://darryl-gail.com/Photos/Year_of_2001/Mimi_upclose.jpg
http://www.oocities.org/timessquare/hangar/3755/mimi/mimi.htm
http://www.more.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/slideshow_thickbox/photo/image/03/54/40/photo/35440/Mimi_Bobeck.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV7Qz640OeM
Peterssidan
Is it inside a Church?
Ghost Rider103
Looks like some sort of rug or blanket to me.
sonam
Quote:
Is the decorative item flat, or does it have a definite 3rd dimension?

This is very, very good question. It is 3D! Better to tell this what is on picture is on 3D but for decorative using is normally 2D. The most peoples can see 2D in specialized shops because for 3D you need to be on right place in right time.

Sonam
twotrophy
Is it a carpet?
andro_king
Is that an art drawn on a pot or something ?,
cheater01
sonam wrote:

Sonam

where can this art be seen ? Which part of the country ?
jmraker
Maybe it's a stereogram, or a similar optical illusion.
or it's a view of a field from high-up in a helicopter/plane.

https://www.google.com/search?q=stereogram

Is the photo using tilt-shift photography?
http://www.tiltshiftphotography.net/
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/11/16/beautiful-examples-of-tilt-shift-photography/
andro_king
Waiting for the larger image Smile
I can guess its an art work.
But, its difficult to find what it is exactly.
Any clue's sonam ? Wink
sonam
Quote:
Which part of the country ?

Good question. The picture is created in my country, but original art is not from my country. Now you can try to find out country. By the way this kind of art have specific purpose.

Sonam
andro_king
sonam wrote:
Quote:
Which part of the country ?

Good question. The picture is created in my country, but original art is not from my country. Now you can try to find out country. By the way this kind of art have specific purpose.

Sonam

Is this a welcome carpet ?,
And are you in India ?
deanhills
Is this used for polish pottery?
sonam
First what we know this is 3D not 2D. The second it is an aspect of art, not just carpet or piece of textile.

I am not in India but you are close.

Sonam
andro_king
Is that art circular in shape ?,
sonam
Yes it is circular.

Sonam
andro_king
It is a circular art with some drawing in the middle of it ?,
Is it on the ceiling of the room or anything similar to it ?,
Peterssidan
Is it a mandala?
sonam
Peterssidan wrote:
Is it a mandala?

YES IT IS!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATION Peterssidan! Very Happy

How much coins I must reward to you? 25 if I good calculate?

Sonam
Peterssidan
sonam wrote:
How much coins I must reward to you?

You can keep the coins if you want. I don't need them.
sonam
This is Tibetan healing mandala. The Tibetans creating this mandala from chalk (hope find right word) dust and working on it about three days. When mandala is completely finish then they destroy it. The chalk is reason why first two or three images are looking so bad.

Sonam

sonam
Peterssidan wrote:
sonam wrote:
How much coins I must reward to you?

You can keep the coins if you want. I don't need them.

If you don't like it I can keep it for next contest 25+20. Is that OK for you?

Sonam
Peterssidan
Sounds good.
sonam
OK Peterssidan thank you for coins. The next contest will star with 45 coins. WOW! Only need to find something heavy to recognize. Razz

Sonam
jmraker
sonam wrote:
This is Tibetan healing mandala. The Tibetans creating this mandala from chalk dust and working on it about three days. When mandala is completely finish then they destroy it.

I'm imagining it's destroyed by unleashing the 3 days of pent-up sneezing they've been holding back. The whole room is covered in a colorful rainbow cloud of chalk dust and the healing begins when everyone ends up in the hospital. Smile
deanhills
That was amazing, thanks Sonam. I've never seen/heard of a mandala before. I guess it's some sort of meditation exercise? Very interesting!

Congratulations Peterssidan. Have you seen mandalas before?
andro_king
sonam wrote:
This is Tibetan healing mandala. The Tibetans creating this mandala from chalk (hope find right word) dust and working on it about three days. When mandala is completely finish then they destroy it. The chalk is reason why first two or three images are looking so bad.

Sonam

OMG ! I thought this at my first guess itself.
But i regreted it because of the chalk dust looking odd !
My fate !
But really happy about the next picture and its prize too. Shocked 45 coins for a single pic ? sounds great ! Smile
I will be waiting. Smile
Thank you sonam for conducting such an interesting game/contest and thank you all the players for participating & congrats peterssidan for finding it & not taking the coins though .
Wink
Peterssidan
deanhills wrote:
Congratulations Peterssidan. Have you seen mandalas before?

I have seen it on TV a few years ago, but I didn't remember what it was called and I didn't know that it was what I was looking for now. I suspected it could have something to do with religion but it was not until someone mentioned India and that it was circular that I started to look for circular things in the Buddhism and found mandalas.
sonam
Quote:
I'm imagining it's destroyed by unleashing the 3 days of pent-up sneezing they've been holding back. The whole room is covered in a colorful rainbow cloud of chalk dust and the healing begins when everyone ends up in the hospital.

Like they create mandala, they destroy mandala. Slowly, without too dust around. Wink

Quote:
That was amazing, thanks Sonam. I've never seen/heard of a mandala before. I guess it's some sort of meditation exercise? Very interesting!

All this work is meditation for monks and present there is very meditative. Some peoples seating there few hours daily.

Sonam
cybersa
@Peterssidan
Congratulations to you. Wink

Still I don't know what is that specifically?
Some kind of art, ok.

@Sonam
In my opinion, you should choose a common thing for the contest.
Because it was very difficult to find.
Then waiting for the next picture. Wink
andro_king
cybersa wrote:
@Peterssidan

Some kind of art, ok.

@Sonam

+1
Same here !
sonam
cybersa wrote:
@Peterssidan

Some kind of art, ok.

@Sonam

The Monks have different kind of creating mandalas. By paintings, by needlework, etc. and we can say this is one kind of art.

I cannot promise I will choose a common thing. The inspiration is coming in second and then I post new contest. But I will try. I would like if is not too easy and if is little bit difficult to find right answer. Otherwise the contest will loose on interesting.

Sonam
andro_king
@sonam-
When will the next contest begin ?. Razz Cool
sonam
andro_king wrote:
@sonam-
When will the next contest begin ?. Razz Cool

I don't know exactly because I have lot of other yob...

Sonam
cybersa
sonam wrote:
cybersa wrote:
@Peterssidan

Some kind of art, ok.

@Sonam

The Monks have different kind of creating mandalas. By paintings, by needlework, etc. and we can say this is one kind of art.

I cannot promise I will choose a common thing. The inspiration is coming in second and then I post new contest. But I will try. I would like if is not too easy and if is little bit difficult to find right answer. Otherwise the contest will loose on interesting.

Sonam

"Common Thing"
I mean that,every body should know that thing,it should be available on all countries like wise.
sonam
@cybersa
The common thing is not at possible for all members. Something what you know some other don't know. Otherwise this contest will be too easy. It must be something tensely. Common thing are not too interesting. If I post part of something like this t-shirt
http://www.desigual.com/en_US/womens-clothing/tshirts/prod-late-26T2492
we cannot say this is very interesting. Isn't it?

Sonam
cybersa
sonam wrote:
@cybersa
The common thing is not at possible for all members. Something what you know some other don't know. Otherwise this contest will be too easy. It must be something tensely. Common thing are not too interesting. If I post part of something like this t-shirt
http://www.desigual.com/en_US/womens-clothing/tshirts/prod-late-26T2492
we cannot say this is very interesting. Isn't it?

Sonam

Ok,
I accept you.
Thanks for your nice contest.
zaxacongrejo
we want more!! we want more!!
sonam
zaxacongrejo wrote:
we want more!! we want more!!

Me too. But I need time to find some out from my images.

Sonam
zaxacongrejo
it looks like that hard drive its a mess, so long
cheater01
I guess sonam is busy !
cybersa
cheater01 wrote:
I guess sonam is busy !

Yeah Already he told that.
sonam
Ok, here is new contest. With Peterssidan 25 coins what he generously give for next contest we will start this new one with 45+. I will little bit change rules and keep images little bit longer then before. You can try to give more question about it.

Please, separate your questions from comments how I can easy to read them. Wink

Good luck!

Sonam
cybersa
sonam wrote:
Ok, here is new contest. With Peterssidan 25 coins what he generously give for next contest we will start this new one with 45+. I will little bit change rules and keep images little bit longer then before. You can try to give more question about it.

Please, separate your questions from comments how I can easy to read them. Wink

Good luck!

Sonam

Comment:
Thanks for your next contest.

It looks like fence.

Question:
Is it wood?
jmraker
Comment:
It almost looks like the ridges on the side of a metal coin. It also looks like a perfectly arranged row of redwood trees from far away in an old grainy photo. But those would be too obvious.

Guess:
Is it a laser etching or a circuit board?

My best guess is: it's NOT a mandala. Smile

Question:
Is the picture in color, or black and white?

How about instead of waiting a few days for the next picture zoomed out we get a 2nd or 3rd photo of somewhere else (and just as mysterious) in the photo at the same zoom unless you think someone could see those lines and know exactly what it is. It could add more variety to the guessing.
zaxacongrejo
its a chair
Peterssidan
Comment:
I can't help thinking this is some kind of glove were you have four of the fingers in the same space.

Guess:
Is it a glove or the underside of a shoe?

Question:
Is it plastic?
sonam
Answer on or your answers is No.

Is it wood?
It is not wood but part of this is wood.

Is the picture in color, or black and white?
Color.

Is it plastic?
No, this is not plastic but can have the part of plastic. My example haven't plastic.

Quote:
How about instead of waiting a few days for the next picture zoomed out we get a 2nd or 3rd photo of somewhere else (and just as mysterious) in the photo at the same zoom unless you think someone could see those lines and know exactly what it is. It could add more variety to the guessing.

Maybe I will upload some other part but I will see tomorrow.

Sonam
deanhills
Is it fabric? Like material?
sonam
deanhills wrote:
Is it fabric? Like material?

No, this is not fabric. Smile

Sonam
twotrophy
I think this part of a chair.
cybersa
Is it house hold things?
zaxacongrejo
sit of an old car
deanhills
Could it be soft blinds ..... ?

sonam
Ok, here is little bit bigger image. The answer on yours answers is NO.

@deanhills
Very good example.

Sonam
zaxacongrejo
cpu cooller base, heat skin
from heat pipe hair coollers
Pande
Comment:
My first thought was metal object, and that they are attached by pressure to something.

Guess:
Is it a Mbira instrument? example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mbira1.png

Question:
Is it essential to the object it is part of? i.e. without it, is the object no longer what it is?
Pande
Second guess, if that is allowed?

Guess:
Bottom half of a key mastercraft padlock http://www.unoclean.com/Janitorial-Supplies/Facility-Maintenance-Products/Security-Products/Master-Lock/Master-Lock-3D-Four-Pin-Hardened-Steel-Tumbler-Lock-2-Keys-1-9-16-Inch-Wide.jpg
sonam
It is metal object but there is also other materials. This part is essential and without it the object is no longer what is this. Mibra is very good example but it is not Mibra.

Sonam
D'Artagnan
is this a xylophone?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xylophone
sonam
D'Artagnan wrote:
is this a xylophone?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xylophone

No, but this is not too bad answer. Smile

Sonam
Peterssidan
Is it a pipe organ?
Pande
What is the size of this object? This is a very zoomed in shot?
deanhills
Is it a filter of an air-conditioning system?
jmraker
Guess:
Is is a Pipe Chime?
http://purpleflytrading.co.za/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1032_91946_91951&products_id=268994

Is it a large outdoor batphone, or Tubular Gong?
http://www.jamielinwood.co.uk/outdoor_musical_instruments.html

Question:
Is the primary purpose of the object in the photo to make different sounds?
zaxacongrejo
its an instrument similar to xilofone but vertical a carillon of bells
sonam
deanhills wrote:
Is it a filter of an air-conditioning system?

No, it is not.

Quote:
Is the primary purpose of the object in the photo to make different sounds?

Yes!

Dimensions?
I don't want to tell you. Wink

Tomorrow new image Dancing

Sonam
jmraker
Guess
Is it a music box?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Baud_museum_mg_8521.jpg
http://www.rauantiques.com/item/Swiss-Cylinder-Music-Box.29-4825.html
cybersa
Is it piano?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c8/Grand_piano_and_upright_piano.jpg/800px-Grand_piano_and_upright_piano.jpg

I think above one is correct.
sonam
jmraker wrote:
Guess
Is it a music box?

Congratulations jmraker!
49 COINS IS YOURS!
Hope I am good calculate Smile

It is music box. How you are get it? This is my old music box.

Sonam
deanhills
I'd never have guessed it. Great puzzle Sonam and congrats jmraker! Cool
Peterssidan
How did you know it was inside a box? I have only seen this kind of mechanics inside small churches that people have as Christmas decoration.
cybersa
jmraker wrote:
Guess
Is it a music box?

Congratulation!

Enjoy!
jmraker
While I was growing up my mom had a variety of small wind up music boxes, like in porcelain figurines, jewelry boxes and inside toy radios. I remember putting my fingers on the metal comb to dull the notes on one of them a few times. My previous set of guesses were based on looking through google image searches trying to find unusual musical instruments because it could have been something I never heard of like the last one.

A more distinct one we have somewhere.
http://www.ioffer.com/i/vintage-mickey-mouse-musical-windup-music-box-radio-201342944

And 2 that looked like these with lyrics on the back.
http://www.thisoldtoy.com/l_fp_set/FP-Pics/Refs/MusBx2.jpg
from http://www.thisoldtoy.com/l_fp_set/t_mubx.htm
sonam
deanhills wrote:
I'd never have guessed it. Great puzzle Sonam and congrats jmraker! Cool

Actually I think the contest will take more time because music box is not something ordinary but you can find it in some specialized shops. Like jmraker wrote he have experience with some kind of music box and he find right answer.

Sonam