FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to make custom landing page

busaboss
Hi, I now have my own domain and I already have wordpress installed on it. I just want to know if I can make a custom page to show when they try to access my new address because my initial plan is to launch it tomorrow. Anybody can help? Thanks! Very Happy

EDIT: And why can't I access my domain at www.domain.com? I can only use it as mydomain.com? Any solutions? Confused

EDIT: I already got ww.mydomain.com working by editing the .htaccess file but what I want is to redirect all forms of my domain to www.mydomain.com what should I do?
Bondings
busaboss wrote:
Hi, I now have my own domain and I already have wordpress installed on it. I just want to know if I can make a custom page to show when they try to access my new address because my initial plan is to launch it tomorrow. Anybody can help? Thanks! Very Happy

EDIT: And why can't I access my domain at www.domain.com? I can only use it as mydomain.com? Any solutions? Confused

I'm not sure what you mean with the custom page.

However about the www, either you didn't wait long enough for the dns changes, or you didn't change the nameservers properly to ns1.frihost.org and ns2.frihost.org and (important) only those. I'm just saying this as some people leave the old nameservers and simply add the new ones, causing it to work only half of the time.
busaboss
Thank you for the response. So my domain would actually do that automatically later? Because I want all to redirect to www.mydomain.com? I change the name servers properly and deleted the old ones. I mean when someone visits my domain aside from me they will be shown a page that they should come back tomorrow? Thanks! Very Happy
busaboss
Buzz! Anybody wants to help? Very Happy
abhizz
busaboss wrote:

EDIT: I already got ww.mydomain.com working by editing the .htaccess file but what I want is to redirect all forms of my domain to www.mydomain.com what should I do?

If you want to make www in your domain check the general setting Wink and add www
Bondings
@busaboss, if I understand correctly, is that you want to redirect all domain.com to www.domain.com. You can do that with .htaccess. For Frihost I have something similar (just change the domain name). The second rule is to redirect index.php to the one without which you might not need.

Code:
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^frihost\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.frihost.com/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /index\.php\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ http://www.frihost.com/ [R=301,L]

Is there anything else you need?
abhizz
Bondings wrote:
@busaboss, if I understand correctly, is that you want to redirect all domain.com to www.domain.com. You can do that with .htaccess. For Frihost I have something similar (just change the domain name). The second rule is to redirect index.php to the one without which you might not need.

Code:
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^frihost\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.frihost.com/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /index\.php\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ http://www.frihost.com/ [R=301,L]

Is there anything else you need?

Great help admin bondings. This may helpful in future
busaboss
Thank you very much! Thanks for the quick help admin Bondings! Frihost really rocks! Smile

EDIT: My domain automatically redirects to the www I guess its because of the code I put earlier
mandy
I agree. you administrators are really helpful. I found a solution to almost all my questions in the forum. Thanks!