FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Booting problem

sudipbanerjee
At the time of booting the date, time and booting priority is changing automatically. The date and time is becoming very old date and time. Each and every time I have to change it from BIOS set-up. After changing I am saving it pressing F10. But it is not working. What is the problem? What is its solution?
cybersa
It is due to the battery problem that is present inside a CPU.
Replace the battery this would solve the problem.

Then topic of the thread is not related to your problem.
Marcuzzo
the CPU doesn't have a battery but is powered by the motherboard.
the Battery is there to store settings for the CMOS and this one is probably dead.
I know because I once had set a password in my Bios and was no longer able to change settings.
so I took out that battery for 24 hours and I could access the bios again. also the time had reset to the default.
the same can be done by switching over a jumper but I don't recommend doing so if you are not 100% sure you know what you are doing.

sudipbanerjee
Thanks for comments. I will replace the battery.
sudipbanerjee
Battery replaced and problem is gone. Thanks
sudipbanerjee
I have replaced the battery in end of May. But after 3 months the problem again come. What to do?
Marcuzzo
this is very strange.

there are only 2 reasons why the cmos can get reset and that is by:
1. a loss of power, and this power is provided by the little battery.
2. closing the circuit on the RTC/CMOS reset jumper, which needs to be done by hand

you may have an issue with your motherboard here
sudipbanerjee
[quote="Marcuzzo"]this is very strange.

how should I check that it is a motherboard problem? give me some tips
dspblack
Your MB is probably old. It may or may not help but have you tried updating BIOS after replacing the CMOS battery? Anyway, you should get a new motherboard.
Marcuzzo
@sudipbanerjee whatever you do, don't start with flashing your BIOS or updating your CMOS or whatever unless you know what you are doing because you will brick your laptop.

as for testing. there are hardware testing CD's you can find on the internet that can diagnose your hardware.
I'd check on the website of the manufacturer.
sometimes they also provide bios and chipset updates you could try that aswell but be very carefull and make sure that you are using the correct one for your laptop/pc/whatever.
Marcuzzo
Abighal wrote:
That good you had check and up date every thing but you have to replace your battery cell which is place inside the mother board. I think all the problems are sorted out. First you fix new battery cell and then do all the things again. I am sure that will brings great reveal for you.

he had already replaced it but the problem returned after a few months Sad
nepalstar
sudipbanerjee wrote:
At the time of booting the date, time and booting priority is changing automatically. The date and time is becoming very old date and time. Each and every time I have to change it from BIOS set-up. After changing I am saving it pressing F10. But it is not working. What is the problem? What is its solution?

There is a battery on Mother Board inside the CPU. This kind of problem arise when that battery is low, changing that battery will solve your problem...!
Thanks
dspblack
sudipbanerjee wrote:
The date and time is becoming very old date and time.

If the board is very old then changing CMOS battery alone may or may not help. If it doesn't help then you probably need to change the board.