FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

coppermine or galleries

engeland
can someone comment on which is better?
pros and cons please Smile
Daniel15
I haven't tried Coppermine, so I can't comment on it.

Me and my friend were setting up a gallery not so long ago (in fact, on Thursday). He wanted something simple, and we found a gallery called Singapore (not the country).

Basically, it doesn't need a database. It has a folder called 'galleries', which is where you put all your pictures. Each gallery is in a seperate folder, and you can create subgalleries by creating folders within the folders. It's so easy to use, it's just not funny Very Happy

If you want something really really complex, then Singapore is not for you. If you want something simple, easy to use, and small, then it's just for you! Very Happy
n0obie4life
daniel15 wrote:
Me and my friend were setting up a gallery not so long ago (in fact, on Thursday). He wanted something simple, and we found a gallery called Singapore (not the country).

Okay. What the, Singapore, a program name? I don't believe tihs.
Summer
Well , a cute country-named gallery . I havent heard b4 .
engeland
n0obie4life wrote:
daniel15 wrote:

lol. hyea, that country is like just a stones throw away from where i am Smile but still, you haven't answered my question
mOrpheuS
engeland wrote:
lol. hyea, that country is like just a stones throw away from where i am Smile but still, you haven't answered my question

Must be one hell of a throw you've got, to be able to hurl stones across international borders. Laughing

But anyhow, which of your questions hasn't been answered ?
what exactly you want us to comment on, is unclear.
coppermine or (which) galleries ?

I've installed 2 4images galleries for my friends, and it's offers the best size(&load) to functionality ratio, in my opinion.
engeland
Gallery~ the third gallery fantastico offers. its just called simply that. dont know why.

well, i want to know which is highly recommended for friendly browsing and uh, easy upload steps for ones with administrator controls.

'lol, about the stone's throw, i meant it in a figurative way' Laughing
n0obie4life
Yep. The stone flies for 6 hours Very Happy.

Anyway, as the second post of this subject said, use "Singapore", the image gallery.
mOrpheuS
engeland wrote:
Gallery~ the third gallery fantastico offers. its just called simply that. dont know why.

well, i want to know which is highly recommended for friendly browsing and uh, easy upload steps for ones with administrator controls.

'lol, about the stone's throw, i meant it in a figurative way' Laughing

I guessed you meant Menalto Gallery (or simply Gallery). But better ask than assume.
You want a comparison between Coppermine and Menalto Gallery.
ok...a specific question will get a specific answer.

Coppermine = More - Ease of upload, ease of installation, easy on resources (eg., disk space) etc.
Menalto Gallery - More - features, configurability, modularity etc

If you want a comparatively simple gallery, go for Coppermine.
If you want more features, go for Menalto Gallery.

Now being less specific, as I said before, 4images is probably the simplest of all these, and has all the features that you could possibly need.
Heck, a fresh 4images installation takes under 3 MB of space !!!
and I have personally installed if for 2 of my friends. Smile
blackant
I think the new Menalto Gallery version 2 is quite impressive.
You might want to try it out. Wink
engeland
yea, i noticed the Menalto gallery's huge in size. Laughing
gonzo
CM's google extension is STILL buggy. Gallery2 has come a long way. try it
LordSata
I've a question:
if i like to load in my space coppermine gallery it works? Or i have to load another photo gallery? In this case which gallery i may upload?
Excuse me for my bad english, but i'm an italian boy!
engeland
im sorry, but did you mean 'my space'? Confused
pjv
n0obie4life wrote:
daniel15 wrote:

Better believe it Very Happy

Try this site http://singapore.sourceforge.net/