FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recommend me Beatles songs

Vanilla
Here is the thing: I don't like Beatles. But right now I'm willing to give the boys a chance since... Well, the reasons don't matter. I got a lot of friends that say they love The Beatles and everything, but I don't really believe that they know more than 3 Beatles songs.

I can tell that I like "While my guitar gently weeps" and "Free as a bird". So, which songs would you recommend me?
Josso
A day in the life

Some crazy effects and that epic unknown chord at the end.
hakaner
Dont Let Me Down, Love Me Do, Michelle, Come Together Smile
lockwoodman
I Should Have Known Better
Ticket To Ride
No Reply
Vanilla
Noted, noted and noted! I'm going to make a playlist with your suggestions. Very Happy
Blummer
Strawberry fields forever. And I would also recommend you to watch it's official promo film Laughing There is also stuff like two suites from side B of Abbey road album. The long and winding road, Tomorrow never knows (this is mindblowing) and yes, as already mentioned, A day in the life. Epic, really epic.
adri
I really like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Smile Hey Jude is one of my favorites too.

adri
Josso
adri wrote:
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

I love my vinyl collections randomness sometimes. I'm not even a fan and I have an original 12" sat right here I just looked.
artemix112
Norwegian wood, Black bird, Strawberry fields forever, Let It be, All my loving...

The Beatles is always my most favorite band since a long long time when I were young. Actually I like songs composed by George Harrison.
Vanilla
Josso wrote:
A day in the life

Some crazy effects and that epic unknown chord at the end.

I STILL need to listen to that song! I'm gonna do that as soon as I can!

hakaner wrote:
Dont Let Me Down, Love Me Do, Michelle, Come Together Smile

Love me do is very good. The harmonica in this song is pretty awesome.

artemix112 wrote:
Norwegian wood, Black bird, Strawberry fields forever, Let It be, All my loving...

The Beatles is always my most favorite band since a long long time when I were young. Actually I like songs composed by George Harrison.

Norwegian wood is awesome, indeed. I really like the sitar sound! I was reading about the song and I haven't idea that it was about an affair that Lennon was having. I'm starting to pay more attention to the songs. Black bird is beautiful. As for George, I really love All those years ago. When I listen to it I can feel some resentment and that's a quality: I love when I can perceive emotions in music. And that's a song that George composed to Lennon after his death. It's my ringtone right now!
Ankhanu
I classically hated the Beatles, but it was the White Album that made me give them a second chance. I still dislike their bubblegum pop, British Invasion era stuff, but their more experimental material later on definitely has merit. Check out the White Album, Sgt. Pepper, Revolver, Abbey Road...
deanhills
bananko
with all this music today, you are into 40 years old music... hmm
Vanilla
Ankhanu wrote:
I classically hated the Beatles, but it was the White Album that made me give them a second chance. I still dislike their bubblegum pop, British Invasion era stuff, but their more experimental material later on definitely has merit. Check out the White Album, Sgt. Pepper, Revolver, Abbey Road...

Oh, I can't help but love the pop songs! I'm really into pop music (Michael Jackson is my God and I'm devoted to him), so that's the best way to start. I think I knew much more experimental stuff than the really earworm-pop-ones. Until now, I'm pleased. Very Happy

bananko wrote:

I'm giving Beatles a chance since I have some prejudice against them. I need to get to know to say that I don't like it. They're not even close to be the the oldest stuff that I listen.

You should give it a try too. It's not like I'm saying that everything in music today sucks, it's just that the best tunes are already composed. Wink
Blummer
Ankhanu wrote:

I would agree...Actually I love earlier stuff but it's that later period that makes me think they were at the top of their game. They could easily just put out that stuff starting with revolver and ending with Abbey road or let it be and leave the stage forever.
Josso
bananko wrote:

lol... dude... seriously? My music library spans from 100s of years old to this year. To be honest you probably won't even hear the production techniques displayed in the music I listen to for years... until it's deemed a viable sound for a large target audience. There is ultimately nothing better or worse about new music and trust me I know this well - even in terms of variety. At the end of the day music is about enjoyment and base philisophical concepts of composers have not changed ever. Neither has the ideologies of the listener.
Laro696
It depends on what kind of music you like...
I like psychedelic music so sgt peppers is my fav album of theirs. I suggest you listen to their greatest hits (they have a few greatest hits compilations)
deanhills
Laro696 wrote:
It depends on what kind of music you like...
I like psychedelic music so sgt peppers is my fav album of theirs. I suggest you listen to their greatest hits (they have a few greatest hits compilations)
Sgt Pepper is also one of my favourites, when I'm in a psychedelic mood.

Here's another Beatle's favourite of mine:

TheStripePrincess
My absolute favourite Beatles song is In My Life (:
I appreciate that you're trying to like them (;
Vanilla
Thanks to all you guys I can now listen to The Beatles without making funny faces or saying ARGH I hate this band. My next goal now is trying to appreciate Pink Floyd (because I think they're too boring with their freaking long songs). I do like Echoes. Well, guess I'll made a new topic out of this later. Very Happy

TheStripePrincess wrote:
My absolute favourite Beatles song is In My Life (:
I appreciate that you're trying to like them (;

Oh I absolutely LOVE the cover that Ozzy Osbourne made of this song!

hakaner
I have full discography of their freaking long songs Smile
deanhills
darknova
Strawberry Fields Forever is very good
_AVG_
Here's a list of my favorite Beatles songs:
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- Hey Jude
- Let It Be
- Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Tuvitor
Octopus' Garden
Blackbird
Rocky Raccoon
pravojednostavno
My favourites to recommend are
- let it be
- yellow submarine
- a Day in the Life
standready
Why has no one suggested "Cold Turkey"? laugh
Osmium
A Day In The Life has got to be my favourite, but I also like I am the Walrus and Wild Honey Pie.
Insanity
I think Here Comes The Sun is a great song. But there are so many great songs that they have. I also like Let It Be, Help!, Octopus' Garden, and Hey Jude. These are all classics that I think have made them so popular. They're alseo very present on current modern day TV shows that use a lot of old music and stuff.
spinout
A song that is great fun on the guitar to play is norwegian woods. Another cool song and also have a good riff is paperback writer.
fuzzkaizer
of course i'd have recommended 'a day in life' and 'come together' as some of my favorites.
but i'm a little bit surprised that nobody named 'helter skelter' yet, did anyone?
maybe you won't like it that much, because it isn't candy-pop at all. it is an astonishingly hard rocking piece for that time. i'm not exactly a beatles fan, but i really dig some of the songs, and also the big range of different styles they apply...

if you go for pink floyd, you might like their first albums?
spinout
norwegian woods and the day before.
Insanity
Here Comes the Sun is a great song that I think is underrated. Yellow Submarine and Octopus' Garden are some of my lesser known favorites as well.
spinout
the beatles revolution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR9JMwzxybE
deanhills