FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is it just me or do we have a lot of these lately?

One line 'question' topics are really annoying
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
No
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
I don't care
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Marcuzzo, Fu!
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Marcuzzo
Is it just me or do we have a lot of these lately?

This is where most of these topics stop... Shocked

these One line 'question' topics are really annoying if you ask me.
It's hard enough to find a good topic these days so whenever I log on again I keep hoping for good posts but every time there are like 5 or 6 of these "one liners" with the most ridiculous and sometimes even vague questions.

Am I the only one? really?
Ankhanu
No, I agree they're kind of annoying.
For the most part, these sorts of topics are clearly the work of spam bots or other spam users.... though there are a couple regular, clearly human members who are notorious for them too. The spam is a minor annoyance, the users are a genuine annoyance... and in both cases, the original poster almost never replies to the topic after the first post.
Ghost Rider103
Some of the topics are definitely the work of spam bots, however most of those are quite obvious and are removed as soon as possible.

But some can also be legit posters asking real questions. Some of them can even spark a decent conversation once they get going.

Here is a good example of that, that's recent: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-135869.html This clearly is not the work of a spambot, the user is simply just asking an honest question.

I'm sure some people would love it if we removed all of the topics that consisted of a single question in a single sentence format. But that simply wouldn't be fair and would probably turn a lot of users away.

So I'd say there is a fine line between where a single question/sentence topic becomes annoying. The only ones that annoy me or the ones that are obvious spam, which I do remove.
Marcuzzo
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Here is a good example of that, that's recent: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-135869.html This clearly is not the work of a spambot, the user is simply just asking an honest question.

that one is a rather good topic, I even posted on that one myself, and you can also see that the title and the body of the topic are not the same.

now, I wonder who FU'd me... Surprised
Ghost Rider103
And it's a one sentence/question type of topic Razz

So some of them can be rather good, like I said it's a fine line.

Perhaps you thought we had a lot of them, as at the time you created this topic, there was about 5 topics that were obvious spam, which have since been removed. (happens all the time).
deanhills
I find quite a large number of topics in the General Chat Forum that belong in other Sub-Forums. Very easy to spot them at one glance. Just look at the General Chat titles on the first page and they are all staring you in the face.
IceCreamTruck
Marcuzzo wrote:
now, I wonder who FU'd me... Surprised

Why'd you put that as an option? I voted yes, but found out if I had FUed you then that would have really swung the numbers to a majority FU -- careful, your vote may really count some day!
Marcuzzo
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Why'd you put that as an option?

Just for fun Very Happy
Bondings
Marcuzzo wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

Just for fun Very Happy

And a popular option at that. Very Happy

Anyway, I'll try to create some more interesting topics.
IceCreamTruck
Bondings wrote:
Marcuzzo wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

Just for fun Very Happy

And a popular option at that. Very Happy

Last time you got creative Frihost was taken over by an evil villain! I trust things will remain copacetic this time? If your plan was to test loyalties then you did a great job, but my nerves can't take much more of this!

No one has done the "Is this too short?" topic yet? lol
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
Always looking forward to those. I haven't seen you opening a topic in the Phil&Rel forum however. I did see something in the beginning of time around the first one or two years, but not for the last few years. You seem to be excellent at the topics too.

Royal was also excellent at topics in the beginning of time in the Phil&Rel Forum, haven't seen anything from her either of the same depth and intensity in quite a while.