FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

H-I-M

Twikki
What do you guys think of H-I-M and which song would you say is the best?

I like the new album but some of there old stuff is good as well
soulman
I was just heard this band from my friends, the album is "Greatest Lovesongs, Vol.666"

in this album I love "Your Sweet Six Six Six" best... well in fact I didnt listen to this album carefully, maybe you can introduce me some?
hiroki-star
HIM are okay, something has just changed, Don't get me wrong - Wings of a butterfly is really good, but I was shocked at the price of thier concert ticket. Thats one gig I am not going to Shocked
xender
the only time i listten to h-i-m is when ever their on viva la bam or on any music channel.
sylviakowalski
HIM is pretty amazing.. i love the lyrics..
althalus
I heard Wings of a Butterfly on the radio about a month and a half ago, and I instantly liked it (we don't have a lot of metal/hard rock played on the local radio stations). Since then I got hold of their latest album, Dark Light, and it's a nice little piece. Smile
Twikki
Whats ur favorite track?

mines drunk on shadows
Shewolf
Not much music is as terrifying is HIM...they simply scare the hell out of me, and the fact that people listen to such music, or the leak of it, is even more frightning... Crying or Very sad
shinnoyami
Shewolf wrote:
Not much music is as terrifying is HIM...they simply scare the hell out of me, and the fact that people listen to such music, or the leak of it, is even more frightning... Crying or Very sad
LOL, there are way 'scarier' bands out there! (Ie: marilyn manson, Moi dix mois, ect..)

I love HIM, my favorite song has to be Vampire Heart, Killing Loneliness and Wicked Game.
angelussum
My favorite is Beautiful. Don't know why, but it gets me everytime.
Artemis11
I'd never heard of HIM until a few months ago when I saw the music video for Wings of a Butterfly on MTV. (It was just by luck I guess, since I watch MTV less than an hour a month.) I was hooked, and bought Dark Light on a whim. Its one of my favorite albums right now, my favorite tracks are probally:
  • Nightside of Eden
  • Drunk on Shadows
  • Killing Lonelyness
  • Vampire Heart
  • Face of God
  • Wings of a Butterfly
    and
  • Heartache Every Moment.

Ville Valo (the lead singer) is absolutly amazing when it comes to writing music. The group is good, but I wouldn't ever see them in concert, they (mainly Ville) look wierd, and their music videos are somewhat disturbing. Surprised
Dezrok
I like a lot of music, of all sorts of genre's, but HIM are a band I just can't get to like. I've tried so hard, but not a single song changes my mind..
I can admit, yes, the lyrics are good, and the guitar riffs and such are pretty good.. But I think it's Vill's singing, I really don't like it. I'm not going to go into a "OH HIM SUCK THEY'RE FOR EMOS!!!1", but I can say I don't like them.
shinnoyami
angelussum wrote:
My favorite is Beautiful. Don't know why, but it gets me everytime.

oh yes! how could i forget that one? I love Ville's voice especially in this song (and gone with the sin)
karysky
My friend is madly in love with Ville Valo and she tried to get me to like them.

I like them, but they're not my favorite. I must admit they're very good live, and my favorite song is Join me in Death.

I think the singer looks very much like Johnny Depp!
Motoracer380
so far i only like wings of a butterfly
mikakiev
I like Razorblade kiss,in joy and sorrow and bleed well.
Forky
My favorites are...
- Killing Loneliness
- Beautiful
- Vampire Heart
- Wings of a Butterfly
- Poison Girl

...there are more tht i love but, these are my top 5. Smile

♥♥♥♥
JinTenshi
someone introduced me to HIM, den I think i didn't like their vocals or something so i moved on to mudvayne and some other crap, which eventually got bored with too haha.
seagod
Forky wrote:
My favorites are...
- Killing Loneliness
- Beautiful
- Vampire Heart
- Wings of a Butterfly
- Poison Girl

...there are more tht i love but, these are my top 5. Smile

♥♥♥♥

what is the lyrics of them.
legion
I liked "Join me" some years ago and I still consider to be the best from them. The song was also on the soundtrack of "The 13th floor" movie (one of my favourites Very Happy )
NinasKatter
I like them, my favorite songs are Circle of fear and Endless dark.. but they have more great song..like Sigillum Diaboli..
mikakiev
Love their Razorblade Kiss song.Many songs are good even they have taken solitary man and made their own version it sounds good.Especially I like when Villie Vallo sings with a cigarette in his mouth Very Happy
lyckichev
I think that HIM is of the best bands in the world!!!!!!
mikakiev
Till can hear him from people's mobile ringtones
mikakiev
Weather and dark poetry aside though, it was Valo’s own evolving life that had the biggest influence on the record. The lead single, “Kiss of Dawn,” was inspired by the death of one of his close friends. “One of my mates from here in L.A. committed suicide two and a half years ago, and that’s a tribute to him,” Valo says of the song. “It’s about how it is on the other side and how we react to it on this side. Just a young guy who had the world, everything is possible, but deep depression and too many drugs cause you to do stupid things. So the subject matter is not light on the album. But it’s good to get this out. It’s cathartic.”

Some of the stuff Valo says he can only get out through songs. “There are a couple of tunes that are too close to me personally, I can’t talk about, so it’s better to leave that stuff open for interpretation,” he says. Nowadays I don’t tend to write songs of just one story, there’s usually three of them going on at the same time. And it’s good to leave people pondering, because my story is as wrong or right as their story. If you find something that fits your life or situation you’re in, that makes it true.”
I like HIM