FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

who to open an new sub-domain in frihost ??

edicalgerie
i can't understand yet , the use of frihost to open a new sub-domain, i have more than 4 hours in this website , but not understand yet , thanks to help me
SonLight
There is a hosting guide which should explain the basics pretty well:

http://www.frihost.com/guide.php

Essentially, if you want hosting here, you "pay" for it by being an active member on the forums. The major requirement to get started is at least five "quality" posts -- posts with information or a viewpoint that contributes to the site. After you get hosting, you must earn one "point" per day. A very short post may earn only one point, but a (hopefully) helpful one like this one will probably earn at least 3 points, with 5 points being the upper limit at the moment.

After making at least five posts, being sure they earned you at least 10 points, you can go to the account page and apply for hosting.

I wish you success with your site. please do not hesitate to ask if there's something else you're not sure of.
johans
once you get 10 points then its enough to request a host.. but you need to maintain your points so that your account will not be deleted..

Welcome to frihost..
edicalgerie
I'm sorry for my absence, my work does not give me much time to create a website, but here I am, back and I appreciate your explanation, it's very nice, thank you very much
edicalgerie
I got 6.83 points is a progression for me, I hope soon to have my 10 points to start and apply for hosting and creating my website
edicalgerie
johans i'd like your website , and may be need your help in the future
edicalgerie
johans wrote:
once you get 10 points then its enough to request a host.. but you need to maintain your points so that your account will not be deleted..

Welcome to frihost..

what are you mean by CMS
johans
edicalgerie wrote:
johans wrote:

Welcome to frihost..

what are you mean by CMS

CMS Means:
CMS Templates- A content management system (CMS) supports the creation, management, distribution, publishing, and discovery of corporate information.

It covers the complete lifecycle of the pages on your site, from providing simple tools to create the content, through to publishing, and finally to archiving.

It also provides the ability to manage the structure of the site, the appearance of the published pages, and the navigation provided to the users.
edicalgerie
thanks my friend jonas , for your explanation ,another point , where can'i find CMS templates to use it for a developement of my website , thanks great
darthrevan
edicalgerie wrote:
thanks my friend jonas , for your explanation ,another point , where can'i find CMS templates to use it for a developement of my website , thanks great

It's according to which CMS Web application you use as well. Sometimes you can find templates on the CMS's site.
edicalgerie
darthrevan wrote:
edicalgerie wrote:

It's according to which CMS Web application you use as well. Sometimes you can find templates on the CMS's site.

but i don't looke for specific templates, but I want to made ​​myself,i need to know if there are software like as SWiSH or other more efficient
edicalgerie
No answers ???
deanhills
edicalgerie wrote:
No answers ???
I use Microsoft Expression Web, which is a what you see is what you get type of desktop software. Like MS Word. Sort of works well. You can either code the Website yourself in Microsoft Expression Web, as it has a Code view page, write your own CMS, as it has a CMS panel as well, or you can do all of the Website in design view, which automatically generates CMS and the coding for you. So it is basically suitable for beginner and pros alike. You can then FTP your Website directly from Microsoft Expression Web to your Website space. If the Webhost has FrontPage Extensions loaded, you're able to edit your Website live.

Alternatively, and this would probably be more suitable for you when you want to design your own template, I also use Notepad++ with Firefox. And an FTP Host like FileZilla. I suggest you download Notepad++ at the link below and see how it works. You can open up one of the many free templates that are available, and play a little with it in Notepad++ and view the file in Firefox.

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
Marcuzzo
Sorry for hijacking this thread but I wanted to tag on about expression studio mentionned by Dean.
I also have Expression studio installed for my school projects.
Mostly WPF applications where I use Blend to create my controls.
I only played around with expression web for a single htmlpage instead of an entire website, but I just don't like the way the designer works.
maybe I was doing something wrong but instead of editting the class of a div that I was modifing in the designer view it was adding inline style to the element, yuk.
can you compare expression web to something like dreamweaver?
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:
can you compare expression web to something like dreamweaver?
I'm sorry, I can't as I have no experience with Dreamweaver, but from what I've heard Dreamweaver is a million years better than Expression Web. It just requires much more learning. Perhaps not for you as it may come more instinctively to you. The real reason I haven't gone for Dreamweaver though is the high cost. I've always thought about getting it one day, but it's expensive and for what I'm doing I'm not sure it justifies the cost. Ditto Photoshop. I've always thought of getting it one day, but again, for what I do the cost is not justified and GIMP is more than OK.
edicalgerie
as i'am a beginner , i will use kompozer and flash banner maker, and my be SWiSHmax because it's not soo easy, thanks for your help
edicalgerie
and what about SPIP ??? to create an web site ?
edicalgerie
not help about this subject ???
RosenCruz
Google has all the answers you need. Faster, whenever you want. People are not online all day on this forum so Google can give you quicker answers.

If you are a starter on web site making, choose a ready to use solution like Wordpress, Joomla, phpNuke or some sort of CMS/blog/community script. You won't regret.

For other technical questions, we would be glad to help you.
edicalgerie
thank you , like i'm a starter , i have posted a few questions in another room but without answers , like how to fix taxe in opencart or prestashop , and how to put magicquaots off , but without any important answers , i regret that !!!
andro_king
edicalgerie wrote:
not help about this subject ???

People are not active all the time in the forums and sadly there is even no large number of active users.
If so urgent try googling your queries.
You must get your work done soon.
All the best .
edicalgerie
thanks for your advice