FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iPhone 5

Tony The Tiger
What is the current speculation on the new iPhone 5. Is it going to go to 96 GB or more. Since the current version comes in a 64GB version, you have to think that 96 GB or more might be coming next. That is what I am hoping for. Then I might convert to the iPhone. I have been using both a 160 GB iPod classic and the BlackBerry Torch 9810.
Ankhanu
No official announcements yet. Any speculation is just that, speculation, and in the past generally proves to be pretty inaccurate Razz Best to wait for the press releases when it comes to Apple products.
Tony The Tiger
Ankhanu wrote:
No official announcements yet. Any speculation is just that, speculation, and in the past generally proves to be pretty inaccurate Razz Best to wait for the press releases when it comes to Apple products.

True. Thanks.
pll
Yup, the only time that was true is when an Iphone 4 was found disguised as an iphone 3GS
flamepjlh
Tony The Tiger wrote:
What is the current speculation on the new iPhone 5. Is it going to go to 96 GB or more. Since the current version comes in a 64GB version, you have to think that 96 GB or more might be coming next. That is what I am hoping for. Then I might convert to the iPhone. I have been using both a 160 GB iPod classic and the BlackBerry Torch 9810.

64GB is enough, I think.                                        

Very Happy Very Happy
Tony The Tiger
flamepjlh wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

64GB is enough, I think.                                        

Very Happy Very Happy

That is a lot for some people. Keep in mind that apple continues to fill demand for 160 GB iPods. Thus, there are a lot of people who need a lot more disk space for their files than 64GB. I am one of them. I have about 95GB of files. I need at least a 100GB device to hold all my music at one time without having to do any digital gymnastics.
johans
pll wrote:
Yup, the only time that was true is when an Iphone 4 was found disguised as an iphone 3GS

i assume this is IPHONE 4S not Iphone 4.

Not much difference in software since up gradable.... I agree Iphone are good phones but i am more interested in Android OS which is a smart option money wise and a lots of brand choices..Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson, alcatel (which is my first option now - SAPPHIRE HD got HD video, 4.3 inch, 5.0 MP, dlna Quad band, g-sensor, a-gps, Micros SD up to 32GB with a price for only $325 ) and many more good brands..
menino
The iphone 5, I'm hoping will have lots more bells and whistles, and even though Jobs is not around, I'm hoping that it will be a remarkable piece of equipment.
But yeah, we will have to wait and see, before the end of this year.... hopefully.

The Android phones are also good, but the battery life comparison between iphone and most android phones, shows that iphone is more superior battery life.

But I guess you can charge the phones over the pc, or in the car, while it is being used as well.
Ankhanu
johans wrote:
pll wrote:

You assume wrong.
It was an iPhone 4 in a 3GS housing; it was accidentally left in a bar by an Apple employee who was field testing the 4 before it hit the market, and was completely deconstructed and reported on online by Gizmodo. It was a pretty big deal when it went down Razz
tommyjon
The iPhone 5 also introduces longer Bluetooth range and a larger screen with better resolution. The camera phone introduces greater distances and clearer pictures using applications.
Ankhanu
tommyjon wrote:
The iPhone 5 also introduces longer Bluetooth range and a larger screen with better resolution. The camera phone introduces greater distances and clearer pictures using applications.

Source? Or is this speculation?
Tony The Tiger
tommyjon wrote:

What are the photography terms for what you are saying about the better performance. Are you talking about focal distance or some such measure by which distance and/or clarity can be measured objectively?
Tony The Tiger
menino wrote:
The iphone 5, I'm hoping will have lots more bells and whistles, and even though Jobs is not around, I'm hoping that it will be a remarkable piece of equipment.
But yeah, we will have to wait and see, before the end of this year.... hopefully.

The Android phones are also good, but the battery life comparison between iphone and most android phones, shows that iphone is more superior battery life.

But I guess you can charge the phones over the pc, or in the car, while it is being used as well.

I am not sure I understand your point. Is charging the phone over a pc or in the car an issue for one of these and not the other?
Tony The Tiger
Ankhanu wrote:
johans wrote:
pll wrote:

You assume wrong.
It was an iPhone 4 in a 3GS housing; it was accidentally left in a bar by an Apple employee who was field testing the 4 before it hit the market, and was completely deconstructed and reported on online by Gizmodo. It was a pretty big deal when it went down Razz

How much was he paid to "accidentally" leave it in a bar? Was he ever charged with turning over trade secrets?
Ankhanu
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:
johans wrote:
pll wrote:

You assume wrong.

How much was he paid to "accidentally" leave it in a bar? Was he ever charged with turning over trade secrets?

Dude's name was Gray Powell (if you want to look into his story). He wasn't charged with turning over secrets... his role was simple accident. I think the people that found the phone and sold it to Gizmodo were charged, however. For his negligence, Gray was fired, though. If it was part of a plan to "accidentally" lose the phone, he certainly wasn't paid enough to counter the loss of a good job with a highly successful company.
Tony The Tiger
Ankhanu wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:
johans wrote:
pll wrote:

You assume wrong.

Dude's name was Gray Powell (if you want to look into his story). He wasn't charged with turning over secrets... his role was simple accident. I think the people that found the phone and sold it to Gizmodo were charged, however. For his negligence, Gray was fired, though. If it was part of a plan to "accidentally" lose the phone, he certainly wasn't paid enough to counter the loss of a good job with a highly successful company.

Fired!!????! It sounds like the company may have been suspicious of his intent. What were the people who found the phone charged with. Were they found guilty? Was there a court case/ruling or was there a settlement of some kind? Did Gizmodo just give up their source or was the company able to trace the phone through IP addresses and such (or did Gray Powell walk into his boss' office and say "Hey Dude! I left my phone at the bar and I can't find it", since it would be obvious after a while that he was no longer in possession of the beta test device.) How did the media get Gray Powell's name?
lightningleo
i think some fuss is going around..
no official announcements of iphone 5 have been made yet...
some rumours about iphone 5 was aroused when T-Pain launched his music video for 5 O' Clock.. plz take a look...

but its just a hypothesis as no official announcements have been made...

take a look at this:

Did Apple give T-Pain an iPhone 5?

so. as claimed by Tony The Tiger.. its not true yet.. but in future.. iphone 5 will be released and may come with similar designs or some thing very different..
pll
I can't wait to the WWDC this year. Like every other year, but I already own an Iphone 4S and I will have no money to change...
Tony The Tiger
lightningleo wrote:
i think some fuss is going around..
no official announcements of iphone 5 have been made yet...
some rumours about iphone 5 was aroused when T-Pain launched his music video for 5 O' Clock.. plz take a look...

but its just a hypothesis as no official announcements have been made...

take a look at this:

Did Apple give T-Pain an iPhone 5?

so. as claimed by Tony The Tiger.. its not true yet.. but in future.. iphone 5 will be released and may come with similar designs or some thing very different..

5 O'Clock booty call. Hmm. What are you saying I have claimed? I see that gadget in the video as just a prop that they used to appear to be cutting edge. I doubt that they gave out a iPhone 5 to T-Pain, although he is a very prominent performer. I like the video and no doubt it is in part due to the appearance of high tech wares (and in part due to the theme and performance).
Tony The Tiger
pll wrote:
I can't wait to the WWDC this year. Like every other year, but I already own an Iphone 4S and I will have no money to change...

I am dealing with the BlackBerry Torch. I would like an iPhone that can handle my music. Hopefully a big one will come for my 100GB library.
pll
Lol I'm glad to see that 64 gigabytes isn't enough Shocked
Tony The Tiger
pll wrote:
Lol I'm glad to see that 64 gigabytes isn't enough Shocked

Why else do you think they still market the iPod Classic?
andro_king
Iphone 5 must have offline maps available in it..!! just Google it for links..!! next version of Android and Nokia smartphone's will also feature the offline maps which is at its final development stage , its available for more than 160 countries..!! so lets wait for the surprise..!!
william
I know you said you need at least 96 GB of storage to store your music library, but do you need access to all of the songs all of the time? If not, how about storing some of them on the cloud? I use Box.net to store a large chunk of my music library, and I can access it from almost any internet connected device. The interface isn't great, but if you have some songs that you only occasionally listen to, maybe you could store them there.

Just a thought. It really would be nice if the iPhone had an SD card slot, but alas I doubt that feature will ever be added.
Tony The Tiger
andro_king wrote:
Iphone 5 must have offline maps available in it..!! just Google it for links..!! next version of Android and Nokia smartphone's will also feature the offline maps which is at its final development stage , its available for more than 160 countries..!! so lets wait for the surprise..!!

What do you mean by offline maps? Are you referring to a maps that you can download offline to update a GPS device or load onto your iPhone for some GPS-like or interactive-map app?
Tony The Tiger
william wrote:
I know you said you need at least 96 GB of storage to store your music library, but do you need access to all of the songs all of the time? If not, how about storing some of them on the cloud? I use Box.net to store a large chunk of my music library, and I can access it from almost any internet connected device. The interface isn't great, but if you have some songs that you only occasionally listen to, maybe you could store them there.

Just a thought. It really would be nice if the iPhone had an SD card slot, but alas I doubt that feature will ever be added.

Generally, I like to have access to all my music all the time. For example, I have two albums that I only play on Memorial Day and July 4th. I would almost always forget to load them onto my iPod until the day arrives. I almost did not think about the albums until the July 4th parade passed by and I started playing various versions of the Star Spangled Banner and all the other patriotic songs on those two albums during the day to celebrate Independence Day. I also have about 50 albums that I only listen to between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then, there are a bunch of albums that I just use on occasion that I always want to have access to. In short, I feel that I truly need to have all of my music available.