FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need for updating Frihost Moderator List?

deanhills
I was wondering whether after seven years of Frihost being around the Moderator list could be revised and updated to reflect the current Frihost of 2012?

There are Moderators on the list who are no longer active on the Forum. Some have not been active for a very long time.
foumy6
I think that this would be nice so if we are really having an issue we can know who to go to other than bondings.
Blaster
I've made this argument before. In reality it doesn't matter that much though so I think that bondings just doesn't have the time or want to change it. I do agree it being updated would be kind of nice though.
bukaida
Updating the list is necessary. However as long as there is someone for each group in the forum to handle the request , the names hardly matters.
deanhills
bukaida wrote:
Updating the list is necessary. However as long as there is someone for each group in the forum to handle the request , the names hardly matters.
Agreed that this would be quite OK with your elder statesmen at Frihost. But if someone were brand-new and didn't know what was going on, they probably would pick someone from the list who is no longer active. That is, if they can find the list, as the list is not that easily found by new members.

What would be nice is if there were a green light showing next to the names of the staff who are active and contactable staff on Frihost. Yellow for semi-retired. Red for retired and not available for contacting.
truespeed
deanhills wrote:
That is, if they can find the list, as the list is not that easily found by new members.

I had to search for the list as I forgot where it was located,I first looked in the FAQ before eventually spotting the about us link in the footer.

Having said that I am not sure how important it is to have that list at all,but if it is to be kept it should be updated to include an active moderator list as well as a historic list.
tidruG
That About Us page is so outdated, it's not even funny. I've graduated from college, graduated from grad school, started work, changed my job, etc.

I think this suggestion merits action. Bondings could do with an update on the About page, surely.
deanhills
tidruG wrote:
That About Us page is so outdated, it's not even funny. I've graduated from college, graduated from grad school, started work, changed my job, etc.

I think this suggestion merits action. Bondings could do with an update on the About page, surely.
It's really REALLY nice to see you around tidruG. Hope the new job is working out OK. Cool
Pande
Some PHP that grabs the most recent activity by said user and displays it under their name, possibly even sorting the list by that number, might be an idea.
Qantas94Heavy
The thing is that if a newbie sees a moderator currently, he/she seems to have a lot of posts and has been here for a long time, then they'll try and contact this person, who may not be active. I think that if we were to make the moderator list more prominent, then we should really update the list with moderators who have logged on in the past 3 months or so.
metalfreek
Changing the mods will be a nice idea but its not that required right now. There are no spam posts popping up every day so its nice to know. But a more active moderators would definitely help the forum.
deanhills
metalfreek wrote:
Changing the mods will be a nice idea but its not that required right now. There are no spam posts popping up every day so its nice to know. But a more active moderators would definitely help the forum.
You got the topic wrong. It's not about changing Mods. It's about updating the list of Mods to show those who are current.
wumingsden
tidruG wrote:

Hahaha oooh I know the feeling, in the time I've been here I've changed from a boy to a girl! Laughing

It's a nice idea, I think its always good to keep things as up-to-date as possible. As a moderator there was a time when the forums where un-indated with so much to do ... Lots of issues with forum spam, account creations/issues etc.
However, what with Bondings implementing certain features for staff, a lot of things can now be done in a few clicks which means we don't need to spend lots of time on here for the technical reasons like we had to before to enable the smooth operation of FriHost.

Whenever I receive a private message I'm notified by email and will always login to check it out

Saying all that, I'm not featured on the AboutUs page but it's not an issue for me
deanhills
Aha .... a Golden Oldie Moderator returns .... COOL! Cool

Welcome back! Are you going to change your signature or is this a visit only?
wumingsden
deanhills wrote:
Aha .... a Golden Oldie Moderator returns .... COOL! Cool

Welcome back! Are you going to change your signature or is this a visit only?

Golden Oldie?!! Shocked Psh! Cool

I'm going to keep my signature as is for the time being. I don't come on very often lately due to real-life being so hectic but when I do there's not that much that needs to be done anyway!
That or the other moderators are constantly on-the-ball which of course is most definitely the case Wink Very Happy
darthrevan
I currently think there needs to be more staff, I removed my request for hosting deletion that has been pending for months. It is like there is nobody here hardly. Needs to be more active staff IMO
ocalhoun
darthrevan wrote:
I currently think there needs to be more staff, I removed my request for hosting deletion that has been pending for months. It is like there is nobody here hardly. Needs to be more active staff IMO

I'd specify that down to more admins.
Moderator presence (at least in the English-speaking forums) is pretty acceptable.
deanhills
Topic is however need for updating the Moderator list. I.e. the list should specify which Mods are active. Ditto Admin. And it should be clear who aren't active.
wumingsden
darthrevan wrote:

I'm not entirely sure, as I'm not an hosting account creator, and this isn't an official response, but I believe account creations are done rather quickly, maybe a few days max. However, I don't think account removals are done as often, more-so done in bulk by Bondings .. I think.
rjraaz
Anyone let me know, did moderators page is updated or not yet.

Sorry, before to check it myself I want to get it know by you guys. Rolling Eyes
GuidanceReader
I didn't even know there was a list Confused