FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

TrueCRypt

lightningleo
Hey Friends, I found a cool software TrueCrypt while searching the internet. Can you tell me how safe is it to use it? WILL i lose my files or will they get corrupted. I'm not sure since its alpha version.
cybersa
Really very useful tool.
It has lot features than other tools.
I'm using this over a three years.
But Don't forgot your password.
silverdown
There is also another free one with a optional paid upgrade called Safe House Explorer

www.safehousesoftware.com

UPDATE 9/4/2012
I purchased this software the professional license and the extra encryption methods are great as well as the ability to turn any normal flash drive into a key card for the vaults/mountable drives, so even with the password the need the flash drive, key-card and the password to access it.
lobokun
i like truecrypt .. easy to use and helpfull when it comes to hiding things you dont want other people looking at them
SonLight
I see truecrypt is now up to version 7.1a, which is considered a stable version. Hardly alpha software. If it were still in alpha status after three years, I would worry about it.

I would recommend you make sure you download the latest version from their official site if you want to use it. By the nature of the program, there are risks associated with it if you use it to encrypt all your data. You may prefer to use it to encrypt only certain sensitive files, not including the OS, which would reduce the risks.
Vanilla
Truecrypt is the safest way to store your files. Trust me. The only problem is...

cybersa wrote:
Really very useful tool.

...yeah, don't forget you password. Because I did and I lost all my secret files. Sad
Possum
I use Truecrypt all the time. Most of my Flash drives are encrypted too. Take some time and read the documentation.
Anatisim
Create your TrueCrypt file, mount it, save it as a Favorite and select the option to load when you login to Windows. You're set. When you login, a popup alerts allows you the option of accessing your Documents Folder. If you aren't gonna work with your files just cancel out and data remains secure (as long as you still have your password).
A BETTER option to the old 'Briefcase' thing that I could never figure out... if anything, a fiasco... disguised as productivity.
playfungames
It is a really secure software. You can prevent your files from unwanted access. I heard/read somewhere that trucrypt is a software which even the FBI cannot crack or bypass. So if you have really secret personal files or anything of that nature, you can encrypt and protect it with trucrypt. But remember your password for trucrypt because I bet that even you will have a hard time if you forget your password.
blueray
I have not heard or used this free app before. So, I have no comments on it.
You can test it on a virtual machine for a period of days before put it on you personal files.

It will safe all of your files !
lingku
cybersa wrote:
Really very useful tool.

i heard that, there is a backdoor in it!