FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Some questions about the free tld's

Chellesei
Hello,

I have some questions about Frihost's free top level domain offer. I don't know if these are already answered. If they are, I'm sorry for the trouble.

1. This offer is still active, isn't it?

2. Do I need to have PayPal, credit cards, or something?

3. If I ask for a renewal, will it cost me 350 coins?

Thanks.
adri
Chellesei wrote:
Hello,

I have some questions about Frihost's free top level domain offer. I don't know if these are already answered. If they are, I'm sorry for the trouble.

Thanks.

1. Yeah, it's still active. Smile
2. Nope, you just need 350 coins which can be earned by being active of the forums.
3. Yes.

For more info, click here and here. And maybe also here.
loremar
Chellesei wrote:
Hello,

Yes.
Quote:

Once you earn 350 coins, go to Account page and click Request a free domain name in exchange for coins.. Once Bondings approve, he'll give you a GoDaddy gift card code which you have to input when checking out order for the domain name you want to register in Godaddy.
Quote:

I hope so. Razz
I still haven't tried to renew my domain. Smile
Bondings
Yes it's still possible as others already mentioned. However, there has already been a user that was not able to use the gift cards as godaddy did not show the option. Normally it works though and I'lll try to switch to a different system anyway by becoming a domain registrar reseller(I'm trying it out now).
Chellesei
Oh... I see! Smile Thank you so much for the answers! Very Happy

Bondings wrote:
...I'lll try to switch to a different system anyway by becoming a domain registrar reseller(I'm trying it out now).

Wow! This is totally awesome. Very Happy Can't wait for it! Very Happy
metalfreek
Bondings wrote:
Yes it's still possible as others already mentioned. However, there has already been a user that was not able to use the gift cards as godaddy did not show the option. Normally it works though and I'lll try to switch to a different system anyway by becoming a domain registrar reseller(I'm trying it out now).

So I guess I can buy domain from frihost using paypal or Credit card in near future? Ii would be great if this happens.
Bondings
@metalfreek, while technically possible, it is (currently at least) not my intention to go into the registration business. If it would only be for a few up to tens of domains a year, it would cost me quite a bit in administration, payment fees and also VAT for the whole EU. So probably not, although I might keep it technically possible just in case someone wants to renew their domain for some reason without coins (and doesn't transfer it away or so, which would probably be better in that case). I would really like it for handing out free domains only.
Ghost Rider103
But to cover the costs of being a reseller, wouldn't it be extremely effective to manage a system, even off-site so you could sell them on a larger scale?
tibormarias
Is it true, that TLDs are more likely to be indexed by search engines?
ocalhoun
tibormarias wrote:
Is it true, that TLDs are more likely to be indexed by search engines?

Quite simply, yes.

It isn't a magic bullet to solve all your SEO problems though... just one more helpful thing you can do.
Gregoric
I have got just a little question regarding TLDs, so I didn't want to create separate topic.

Which of domains are available to choose from with the gift code? Only the three mentioned on the forum (.com; .net; .org) or any other like country domains or .eu; .info etc.? Should I have searched for such informations at GoDaddy?
Bondings
Gregoric wrote:
I have got just a little question regarding TLDs, so I didn't want to create separate topic.

Which of domains are available to choose from with the gift code? Only the three mentioned on the forum (.com; .net; .org) or any other like country domains or .eu; .info etc.? Should I have searched for such informations at GoDaddy?

At the moment it should be fine as long as GoDaddy sells it and the price (including the renewal) is comparable to a .com domain. However I'm looking at changing the free domain system by becoming a domain registrar reseller and not all extensions might be available there.

If in doubt you can always ask about the specific extension. .eu, .biz and .info should be fine though.
Gregoric
Thanks.

Quote:
not all extensions might
be available there.

But you'll leave some of the TLDs as are they now, to exchange for points, right? Smile

At least those cheaper.

Being a registrar will make more people who come here don't take the free offer as a scam - yes, there are such, probably. More funds will allow buying some ads and spreading the move. It's gonna be fruitful.
Bondings
@Gregoric, I meant the more obscure tld's that GoDaddy sells. The normal ones like .com/.net/org/.info/.biz/.eu are pretty much offered everywhere. But to be honest most people just want a .com domain.