FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Add a chat sidebar to a phpbb3 template for 600 coins?

ocalhoun
I'm looking to add a chat function to the side of my forum.
I already have a good chat program lined up, and it's already integratable with phpbb3... it just needs three things:

1- The formatting of the chat needs to be changed a little; simplified and shrunk down to make it amenable to sharing a page, rather than being a full-page deal like it was designed to be.

2- Needs to use either java or css to be able to position it exactly where I want it, without affecting any other formatting.

3- Needs a show/hide function (probably java), integrated into phpbb so that it will remember each user's show/hide setting.

Anybody up to the task?

(Email me for a quicker response; I don't get on Frihost as much these days.)

I'll offer 600 coins, or a lot of frih$, whichever you prefer.
truespeed
I used to have his phpbb mod (mchat) (mini chat) on my forum,it works excellently,the chat can either go in the index header,or footer. It is also placed on a separate chat page. With a "chat" link in the header.

(You don't have to have it on the index page at all if you don't want,you can just keep it on the separate chat page)

Once users are logged in they will automatically be logged into the chat.
ocalhoun
That's basically the same kind of thing I have already... Now I just need it modified to work better; sidebar instead of header or footer, hide/show function, and placement on page.
andro_king
ocalhoun wrote:
That's basically the same kind of thing I have already... Now I just need it modified to work better; sidebar instead of header or footer, hide/show function, and placement on page.

Do you want something like which facebook uses ?
ocalhoun
andro_king wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

Do you want something like which facebook uses ?

Something like that, I suppose.