FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


The Best Pc Game Developer





lightningleo
Hey friends, Who's Your Favorite Pc Game Developer?
cybersa
I like Infinity Ward developers.
lightningleo
Mine is EA GAMES AND UBISOFT MONTREAL
Dementei
Of course Valve.
drunkenkoz
The best PC game developer for me has to be Blizzard and Valve. They've made some of the most epic games.
luciferfawkes
drunkenkoz wrote:
The best PC game developer for me has to be Blizzard and Valve. They've made some of the most epic games.


What this guy said, that and I'll add DICE to the list.
Mr_Howl
lightningleo wrote:
Mine is EA GAMES


Eww.
lightningleo
Mr_Howl wrote:
lightningleo wrote:
Mine is EA GAMES


Eww.

why man? YOU don't like ea games? Man, the awesomest games always come from ea games, be it dead space 2 or syndicate
need for speed most wanted is considered a top class racing game even today!
Then comes the fifa series. Man, in fifa, the player impacts are so perfect that you can't differ it with real situations!
Man...My first choice is ea games.
Ps: crysis 2 also belongs to ea
Cosmoslayer
I think it's Valve. They have gotten DotA 2 already. Smile
Mr_Howl
lightningleo wrote:
Mr_Howl wrote:
lightningleo wrote:
Mine is EA GAMES


Eww.

why man? YOU don't like ea games? Man, the awesomest games always come from ea games, be it dead space 2 or syndicate
need for speed most wanted is considered a top class racing game even today!
Then comes the fifa series. Man, in fifa, the player impacts are so perfect that you can't differ it with real situations!
Man...My first choice is ea games.
Ps: crysis 2 also belongs to ea


They're just a dirty company. Their business practices are questionable.

I'd find a list of evil things EA has done, but I'm feeling lazy right now.
weableandbob
That's actually a tough question. Valve is certainly great, and although they release products slowly, they make great games and support them for years. There are also less prominent companies (Eidos Montreal, Riot) that still make amazing games (Deus Ex, Deus Ex HR, League of Legends). Probably a toss up between those three.
Josso
Blizzard, valve, id software, david brauben, chris saywer


Quote:
They're just a dirty company. Their business practices are questionable.

I'd find a list of evil things EA has done, but I'm feeling lazy right now.


Seconded
drunkenkoz
weableandbob wrote:
That's actually a tough question. Valve is certainly great, and although they release products slowly, they make great games and support them for years. There are also less prominent companies (Eidos Montreal, Riot) that still make amazing games (Deus Ex, Deus Ex HR, League of Legends). Probably a toss up between those three.

I have to agree with you on the fact that Riot is indeed a great company. They did produce one of the best MOBAs ever released next to the original Dota.
luciferfawkes
I won't diss on LoL too much, it's a good game but I feel like it's child play compared to other MOBAs mainly DOTA and DOTA 2.
Zbot
I do have to question picking EA as your favorite developer, with Orgin and all of that hype that surrounded it. Additionally, I'm not sure if this has been made clear, but EA doesn't really make games, they are more of a publisher, they buy a bunch of small game developers, let them make the games then put their name on it.

As for me, Valve fanboy all the way. I don't think they have made a game yet that I am not a huge fan of, excepting DOTA2, but I am I LoL fanboy, so that takes me out of contention to talk about LoL or DOTA, I'm one-sided.
lightningleo
Zbot wrote:
I do have to question picking EA as your favorite developer, with Orgin and all of that hype that surrounded it. Additionally, I'm not sure if this has been made clear, but EA doesn't really make games, they are more of a publisher, they buy a bunch of small game developers, let them make the games then put their name on it.

As for me, Valve fanboy all the way. I don't think they have made a game yet that I am not a huge fan of, excepting DOTA2, but I am I LoL fanboy, so that takes me out of contention to talk about LoL or DOTA, I'm one-sided.

yeah, you're right that ea mostly works in coalition but ea got its own developer too.. Need for Speed Most Wanted was wholly its creation.. I'm saying need for speed games till need for speed most wanted were wholly ea 's creations.. After that ea began to develop games in coalitions.. But great games also emerge after that.. Such as, dead space series{the spine chilling horror games}, rpg's such as, dragon age series, and mass effect series, and racing like need for speed hot pursuit 2010, the run.,. Try these and you'll definitely know what ea is??
tahayassen
Riot Games.

They've only developed one game, but they do such an excellent job at it.

Valve is awesome too.
luciferfawkes
tahayassen wrote:
Riot Games.

They've only developed one game, but they do such an excellent job at it.

Valve is awesome too.


Like I said before, Riot Games is a great company and they are doing quite well just off LoL. This has nothing to do with LoL but again, I can't get into LoL like other MOBA games out but regardless, Riot has made a great product and numerous people play it so props to them.
cnitolo
Blizard, EA Games and Id.
dohzr
Valve by far.
sysna
Valve too by far is the best game developer, i enjoyed my life playing their games including half life series which was one of the best FPS games i've ever played.
LostOverThere
lightningleo wrote:
Mr_Howl wrote:
lightningleo wrote:
Mine is EA GAMES


Eww.

why man? YOU don't like ea games? Man, the awesomest games always come from ea games, be it dead space 2 or syndicate
need for speed most wanted is considered a top class racing game even today!
Then comes the fifa series. Man, in fifa, the player impacts are so perfect that you can't differ it with real situations!
Man...My first choice is ea games.
Ps: crysis 2 also belongs to ea

Well, a few things, EA Games are a publisher, not an individual development studio, so I guess it's not a really valid answer. And, like others have said, they do have some questionable business practices, so I can understand Mr_Howl's reservations about them.

Like others have said, Valve are a great studio. But CD Projekt are another favourite of peoples, due to their support for making DRM free games.
D'Artagnan
bethesda
drunkenkoz
tahayassen wrote:
Riot Games.

They've only developed one game, but they do such an excellent job at it.

Valve is awesome too.

Indeed, League of Legends is an amazing game.
TheRPGLPer
I would honestly say companies like Valve, Blizzard, and Bethesda.
Ultrak1ll
My favourite game developer is a real person:

John Carmack

Main dev of ID software (quake series, doom series, rage). He likes GPL
johans
there are a lot of good developer specially in games and online games.. i choose EA because they develop NBA Basketball games in PSP which i play.. hehehe

I like also the developer of Angry birds.. simple and entertaining. I dont know the name of that developer but they becomes famous on that games.

Any body know the developer of angry birds?
dohzr
EA is a publisher, not a game developer. For example, they published BF3 but it was developed by DICE.
lightningleo
dohzr wrote:
EA is a publisher, not a game developer. For example, they published BF3 but it was developed by DICE.

How about FIFA..
And I can't give you a list of more than 100 games developed by ea.. Well.. And for your kind info.. BF3 is developed by DICE whose full name is EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment..
As a matter of fact EA's got a series of developers (such as, fifa's developed by ea cannada) just like ubisoft's got (such as, assassin's creed and prince of persia series developed by ubisoft montreal)..
You like it or not, but you can only tell one or two games of other developers which are good.. but i can make you admit more than that are good in ea..
Try fifa series and the dead space series or the need for speed series.. Recently syndicate's got attention..
silverdown
I like Blizzard, Whoever makes Virtual Villager,Firefly Studios (Strong hold), Bullfrog Productions makers of Dungeon Keeper which is sadly no longer stable for windows 7 or at least i got working anyhow and my favorite game Oregon Trail not really sure who made that.
lightningleo
This Oregon Trail has been developed by Minnesota Educational Computing Consortium..
I haven't played this game but still i'll try it..
Related topics
The Best PC out?
What is the best Diablo game?
nintendo 64 - best adventure game is..
your best online game ??????????/
the best car game ever???
I wish Breath of Fire will be a PC game someday.
Do you like Commando PC game?
What's the best RTS Game?
Harry potter PC GAME
1220Studios Flash Game Developer
Game Developer
best chess game player of all time
[ASK] Best Gladiator Game on Pc?
best action game
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.