FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Graphic/Web Design Pricing

13thCINDERELLA
Okay, so heres what I have going on: I recently started offering to do web/graphic design jobs for people throughout my senior year to build up my portfolio before graduation. When I first discovered this idea I didn't think about acctually charging people, but now the issue has arisen and I'm totally clueless. I'm currently working on the following:

[1] full farm website
[2] websites about standing stallions
[3-4] advertising graphic flyers for a few other stallions

So, I guess my question would be, what is a good ball park figure to charge for the above work? What should my prices be based on? The number of pages? Content? Until about a year ago all of my work had been strictly for enjoyment...but now I need to start focusing on more professional aspects of design as a business.
jupenz
Hmmm... i think that would be based on your experience and skills and your work also...and the pages of the website you can charge them by pages or by hour that you spent in building the site. Try to give your price to them and then let them think if they will agree.
dark_one
Well, most web designers charge an amazing $60 per hour...

So, I would say that as you are still in school, you should charge $50-$100 per web site, depending on how much effort you put in...

I mostly charge about $50 per web site, and I get a lot of customers, so maybe that'll be right for you!
polarBear
Easily put, you should peek what other web designers charge (google for it), average it, cut it by half, and then calculate how much YOU are going to pay for stuff that helps you on that task. Add it to your price.

After that, do a complicated template yourself, and check the time it takes. Divide your price by the number of hours and there you have it!! your average hourly price. Smile You can use it, for instance, to calculate how to charge anybody based on how much time it takes to make them happy Wink
CamiBor
you should charge by seeing how big the requast is and in what program because some kinds of desgins(flash for example) are more complicated and takes more affort...