FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Disabling Magic Quotes

GuidanceReader
I am trying to Install OpenCart onto my website and one of the requirements is to have Magic Quotes turned off. The thing is, I am still a baby learning how to do all this sort of stuff and do not know how to do this. From what I have found out from looking around, this can only be done at the server level, unless you use .htaccess

I don't yet know/understand how to do this. Can someone please help me, either by doing it at the server level (which I am assuming will affect everyone so is not an option) or giving me the instructions on how to override it using .htaccess?

Thank you in advance Smile
hakaner
Hi, I have not tried it before, but I found that: http://www.programmingfacts.com/htaccess-turn-magic-quotes/ I hope that helps...
Bondings
I can turn it off for you, manually per domain you need. Please mention which (sub)domains.
GuidanceReader
can I please have it turned off for the readingsbycaroline.net domain?
badai
there is a file, if i'm not mistaken htaccess.txt in opencart. just rename it to .htaccess in control panel and you're good to go.
GuidanceReader
Thank you.. seems to be working now Smile
rodexa
If running in cgi-fcgi mode you cannot put php directives in a .htaccess file. It will give a Internal server error!
MikeFromHC
Bondings wrote:
I can turn it off for you, manually per domain you need. Please mention which (sub)domains.

I'd like it turned off for http://mikefromhc.frihost.org please. Server 4

FYI Joomla 3.x will not install if it is on.
Qantas94Heavy
Sorry to bother you Bondings, but I'd like you remove "magic_quotes_gpc" and also "display_errors" for eyredaero.airfare.com.au

For eyredaero.frihost.org, just remove "magic_quotes_gpc". Thanks!