FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

And time passed

truespeed
IceCreamTruck
Whoa! that's interesting.
spinout
I also liked that picture.
wellerchap
Brilliant memory to keep - is that you and your Dad, or something you found online?
The only family picture I have from my young days (with all my immediate family together) is one at the beach in Scarborough, England, 1967 - it would be impossible to re-create that now as my parents have been divorced years & the small monkey my Dad's holding from the photographer (God knows why, but it was a popular prop in those days at seaside towns) is now totally - and understandably - illegal! Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
wellerchap wrote:
Brilliant memory to keep - is that you and your Dad, or something you found online?
The only family picture I have from my young days (with all my immediate family together) is one at the beach in Scarborough, England, 1967 - it would be impossible to re-create that now as my parents have been divorced years & the small monkey my Dad's holding from the photographer (God knows why, but it was a popular prop in those days at seaside towns) is now totally - and understandably - illegal! Very Happy

You should scan this photo and let us see!
spinout
hm the only picture I got is when I was an infant and my dad holding me... Can't be done today, I am 100 KG! hehe
standready
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
TurtleShell
somebody sure has grown...
IceCreamTruck
There is no dog in the first photo, so I guess he grew up and got a dog! Smile
truespeed
wellerchap wrote:

Something i found online,i just found it a really evocative picture,juxtaposing the dad in his prime,bringing up his son,looking after him,making sure all his needs are met,and then contrasted against the next picture,the dad now old,probably not well enough to look after himself,perhaps now being cared for and looked after by his son.
deanhills
Ebb and flow of human life! Great photos.

PS: ICT I also noticed the missing dog at first glance. And the one dying to play catch
Vanilla
I don't remember where I've seen a site with a a lot of pictures like the ones in the first post. Me and my brother were inspired by this site to recreate a scene where we were sitting at a table in our old house. But since we live far apart now, it's kind hard to do it. It would be a great gift to our mom. Very Happy

Anyway, I don't know if you guys know this: Dear photograph. Some of the messages made me teary. Sad
truespeed
Vanilla wrote:

Anyway, I don't know if you guys know this: Dear photograph. Some of the messages made me teary. Sad

Thanks Vanilla,i really like that site.
IceCreamTruck
I didn't want to look, cause real men don't cry! :-p ... just kidding but I remember joking to myself about it earlier when I read her post. I saw one of those old time photos that was still creeping me out, so I didn't follow the link. I enjoy the thread tho
abhizz
Superb dude.. What a feeling
airh3ad
This is very cool picture how are they now? what nationality and place is this?
Cosmoslayer
Imagining myself there in a few years. O_O
chatrack
Hi,
That picture tells a lot!
mukesh
this is true Human life cycle

interesting picture.
Bluedoll
What an interesting picture nice of you to share it. We should all do this? Find a photo of our family go the exact same spot take an updated one and then give it our offspring and say here you go do the same if like. All we have of our ancestors, most of us I think is a name in registry. You sometimes wonder what they were like.
Aredon
A very nice photo indeed. Certainly a reminder of how short, yet still wonderful, life can be.
standready
truespeed wrote:
Vanilla wrote:

Thanks Vanilla,i really like that site.

Very cool site. Thanks for sharing.

As for your wanting a picture sitting at the table - photoshop.
standready
Bluedoll wrote:
Find a photo of our family go the exact same spot take an updated one

I can't do that. My parents tossed all the family photos and films in the garbage. Never asked me if I would like to have them.
Chellesei
Wow... that's so nice. Very Happy
Someday, I'm going to keep something like that too. Smile
apple
this is a wonderful image. very strong. <3
kenxeiko
Well I can say that this is interesting..
Anyway, thanks for sharing..
HVLGruppen
Incredible <3 I can't imagin how strong a bond you two must have. family values are important!