FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Drive

cybersa
Google Drive
New Product by Google

It is a cloud storage for free.
Google convert its Google Docs to Google Drive.
You can upload any file.
It's capacity is 5GB.
You can upgrade it for some money.

Currently it is available for
Android
Pc and mac.

What you think about this new product?

For full details
Http://drive.google.com
IceCreamTruck
Sweet! I am a fan! My google drive is not ready... They will notify me when it's ready. I am curious to use it!
Cosmoslayer
Not ready here too. 5G is a lot, for now. XD
cybersa
+ 1
I'm also waiting for that. Smile
coolclay
This was at one time available in Gmail. It was a separate application that you could use to store files in your gmail account. Unfortunately Google made some changes that no longer allowed access to the program.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_gmail_drive/

I would also be curious as to what type of data mining they do with files they receive!
standready
Working on setting up my Google cloud. Should be good for accessing info away from office. Will see.
truespeed
Is it like skydrive in hotmail?
cybersa
I got my Google Drive. Smile
Just now I received a email from Google.

I Didn't used sky drive but it is a cloud storage .
You can access your files from anywhere.
Navigator
As with Gmail and other products, I don't know why I don't want Google to have my emails, calendar, news feeds and now my docs. Sounds great at first, but I realize Google is doing bandwidth monopoly.
Ghost Rider103
So is this similar to like the iCloud?

I've never used either, but I have an idea on how the iCloud works.

Though I just haven't had the need to be able to access files that I have on my computer on my cell phone. Pretty much anything I need on my computer isn't capable of being used on a cell phone or an iPad. For work anyways. I can totally understand music/pictured/videos.

I'm sure I will probably have to try it out one day.
menino
coolclay wrote:
This was at one time available in Gmail. It was a separate application that you could use to store files in your gmail account. Unfortunately Google made some changes that no longer allowed access to the program.

I remember that g drive back in the day, and then google stopped it.

I like using skydrive from hotmail, as it has central storage, so I don;t have to worry about my documents on my flash disks which I keep losing or gets corrupted. (I still keep it as a backup).
Skydrive is good in that it lets you edit the documents directly, or use the office tools to edit them, if you wish, or the documents are more complicated.
nepalstar
How to get Google Drive...? I wanna try this, do somebody have to invite me or I can use that by using my Gmail account...? waiting to test the features of Google Drive....!
loremar
It says my drive isn't ready yet.

nepalstar wrote:
How to get Google Drive...? I wanna try this, do somebody have to invite me or I can use that by using my Gmail account...? waiting to test the features of Google Drive....!

Go to http://drive.google.com
and sign in with your google account. Click the notify button to know if your drive is ready.
cybersa
Installed Google Drive to my Computer.
It automatically create a Folder Called Google Drive in My Documents.
You can sync the entire folder or you specified folder to Google Drive.

It is very useful for me.

I have Google Drive on my laptop,computer and Android Mobile.
My files are everywhere. Smile
weableandbob
Nice, so it's pretty much dropbox but with more free space. Google takes an idea and improves it once again xD
Gregoric
I had been disappointed when my Drive was finally ready. It is just Google Documents with more space, changed name and buggy desktop application - I had to reinstall it... I am actually fan of Google Apps and despite that my opinion on Drive is negative. New account at Dropbox can be created in few clicks, there's recommendation system with profits and even more space in cloud.

Anyway, I'm using it because I've been using Docs for long before the launch of Drive. It just gave me more space to store files because the fervor app is rather useless for me and I'm considering uninstalling it at the moment...
iyepes
I have a question, does someone know according to what is the service activated? I have a personal account and it was activated with just clicking on google documents. I have another account opened for my blog and it has no option to use google drive. Does it have some relation with how long the account has been used?

Thanks,
iyepes
Another question, does someone has installed it for Mac? I tried and the app download never started.
Gregoric
@iyepes:
The system is working really weird. Although my Drive is active since the launch, the label on the upper black toolbar sometimes still says Documents instead of Drive. The URL does the same - sometimes it's drive.google.com, sometimes docs.

The activation could work as randomly as naming what I told about above, I had to press blue button (at drive.google.com) to start Drive activation process and them wait for few days.

Well, it seems that Drive works messy - probably only Google know what happened.
chartcentral
Right now, I'd still pick Dropbox as the superior cloud storage option compared to Google Drive. But this could be a promising product for the search-engine giant. I have already an ample amount of files from Docs, and I see no reason to stop using it. As for its desktop client, it still has a lot to improve on. Smile
iyepes
He, he, I don't like products with random behavior.

I've used documents since a long time ago, so I will continue using drive as a documents repository, but in terms of cloud storage, I still think that dropbox rules Smile
silverdown
ooooooooo Shocked lookin into this right now

Update
I love this, it works better then Dropbox and justcloud
jcreus
cybersa wrote:
Google Drive
New Product by Google

It is a cloud storage for free.
Google convert its Google Docs to Google Drive.
You can upload any file.
It's capacity is 5GB.
You can upgrade it for some money.

Currently it is available for
Android
Pc and mac.

What you think about this new product?

For full details
Http://drive.google.com

I've been able to try it. In fact, the interface is just like Google Docs', with some extra additions. Works fine, though I've heard bad things about its privacy.
silverdown
silverdown wrote:
ooooooooo Shocked lookin into this right now

Its al ot easier then dropbox and more space with out the invite free space upgrades.
thanhcuong1990
I think Google Drive not got. Dropbox is the best.
k_s_baskar
already using google docs to store my files. in what way google drive differs from google docs?. Can anybody please explain.
menino
k_s_baskar wrote:
already using google docs to store my files. in what way google drive differs from google docs?. Can anybody please explain.

Google drive will always be a folder on your desktop you can directly (as long as your internet connection is on, i think), drop documents, or edit them, as a separate drive.
spring567
Google is so strong.
lobokun
im currently using it instead of drop box . i like having all my stuff linked to one account
andro_king
I have all my stuff linked to cloud.. Easy to access my files from everywhere.. Its similar to icloud of Apple.. Google cloud services is bit faster than Apple.. Anyway might be my network speeds high, right now..Smile Happy clouding..!!
thanhcuong1990
I used to Google Drive, and I see GD not good as Dropbox. Rolling Eyes
Radar
Google Drive seems like it was inevitable. I'm hoping it eventually offers something to counter the popularity of Dropbox, but for the moment, I'm staying away.
Blummer
Dropbox...mm...adding just 250 mb...Google is really nice and I've loved it since Google docs.