FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ron Paul Preemptively Wins Iowa + Minnesota

coolclay
In the all too confusing world of presidential delegates, Ron Paul has now preemptively won Iowa and Minnesota, and has lots of energy to push Texas into the ring too. At this rate more states shouldn't be far behind, at least that's the hope anyway. http://reason.com/blog/2012/04/24/how-ron-pauls-delegate-strategy-is-worki http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/332617/20120424/ron-paul-2012-delegates-news-iowa-minnesota.htm

Supposedly Team Romney is having some major panic attacks about these announcements, and rightfully so!

Also as a side note surprisingly (or not so surprisingly) there has been very minimal news coverage of this new development.
deanhills
Well at least Ron Paul would be a worthy adversary to Obama. Romney on the other hand would guarantee a landslide for Obama.
Mr_Howl
Well this is good news. I'm not sure yet if I want Ron Paul to win, but if he becomes the Republican candidate then this will be a very interesting election!
coolclay
Quote:
Well at least Ron Paul would be a worthy adversary to Obama. Romney on the other hand would guarantee a landslide for Obama.

Concurred, I for one, and many of my friends, and acquaintances well boycott this election if it's Romney vs. Obama, and without the millions of similar minded people Obama is sure to win.

BTW

Now Washington is in the bag! http://www.policymic.com/mobile/article/id/7460
ocalhoun
coolclay wrote:

Concurred, I for one, and many of my friends, and acquaintances well boycott this election if it's Romney vs. Obama,

Don't boycott the election; boycott the candidates: vote for a third party.

When you absentee yourself from the election, it sends a message of voter apathy... that you don't care. ... And if politicians don't think you care enough to vote, then they don't care what you want.

To get the message across that you don't like the candidates (but still care), you need to show up and vote for someone else, even if it's a write-in.
coolclay
Good point, but if there are no other candidates running that I support (including third parties) than I would not vote. Not doing something is often times as powerful if not more powerful than doing something.

P.S. Add the majority of Louisiana, and and some of Alaska delegates to that list too!

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2012/04/ron-pauls-campaign-claims-victory-in-louisiana-caucuses/

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/30/3583855/ron-pauls-supporters-stir-up-alaska.html
jmi256
I like Ron Paul, and I thought his book “The Revolution” was pretty good. He had some interesting proposals to implement conservative ideals, such as returning to a defensive posture in regards to troops stationed abroad (I’m not a huge fan of the preemptive attack/defense aspect of the Bush doctrine on principle, but in reality I can see how it would be tactically useful). I also like his fiscal ideas and trying to reverse some of the damage that has been done to us these last few years. By reversing some of Obama’s policies like Indefinite Detention of US citizens, Obamacare, etc. and returning the federal government’s influence and power to those outlined in the US Constitution, we can hopefully get rid of the corruption we see in Big Government and get back to a freer and more just society.

Whether you feel a vote for a Republican or a Democrat is a “wasted” vote is up to you, but do you really think subjecting the American people to another Obama term will be beneficial? Or do you think we’ll just get more failure and blame shifting? We have seen many say “hey, he’s trying his best,” but if that is the case and what we have seen these last three years is Obama’s best efforts, what makes you think he won’t perform as badly if he got another term?
gandalfthegrey
Unless a miracle can happen and Ron Paul can win large winner-take all states like California, he is not going to beat Romney. That being said, strange things happen in politics and life. Whose knows if some scandal may come out and help Ron Paul win the nomination. He'll probably be too old to try again in 2016 and his son is too much of a dullard to command the same level of popularity of his father. Ron's strength has been his ability to motivate those disillusioned with politics, and win support from both the right and left. I don't see any other politicians who speak to the same issues he does that could do this. Bob Barr is too right-wing. Mike Gravel is too old. Gary Johnson perhaps.
deanhills
gandalfthegrey wrote:
Ron's strength has been his ability to motivate those disillusioned with politics, and win support from both the right and left. I don't see any other politicians who speak to the same issues he does that could do this. Bob Barr is too right-wing. Mike Gravel is too old. Gary Johnson perhaps.
Totally agreed on this one. Ron Paul does come across as being real amidst phonies.