FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What should I go for

tclausen
Should I dicide for PHP or JSP - running IIS 5.0 ?
anhstar
Hm! PHP is a server side language while JSP is a client side one. So they are different and the use of one of those depends on the kind of project that you are working on. But really, I have never run PHP and JSP on IIS, I know its possible. What I use is Apache and Tomcat5. Those works great!
dandelion
Both PHP and JSP (JavaServer Pages) are server-side technologies.
More native technology for IIS, however, is ASP (and its latest implementation - ASP.NET).
Each techology is appropriative, and you should choose depending on the kind of your project as anhstar said.
drbrennan
I second that both JSP and PHP are server side. Maybe the first post confused JSP with JS. For IIS, ASP is definitely the way to go. However, I wouldn't choose IIS. I would go with Apache Tomcat and run JSP. It's a preference (and $$$) issue but Microsoft will continually be more expensive than PHP (part of the LAMP model---free) and JSP (a product of Sun and the open source community). All three are very powerful and do lots of things similarly, with a few cool distinctions. My vote: JSP. Sun is better than Microsoft any day of the week.