FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how many frihosters are there?

TurtleShell
How many frihosters are there, and what percentage of people are newbies, senior frihosters, etc? Sometimes this community seems so big--but I only see a couple of the really senior people over and over again, so sometimes I wonder. How many frihosters, like myself, have posted more than 500 but less than 1000? Is this information available?
Afaceinthematrix
TurtleShell wrote:
How many frihosters are there, and what percentage of people are newbies, senior frihosters, etc? Sometimes this community seems so big--but I only see a couple of the really senior people over and over again, so sometimes I wonder. How many frihosters, like myself, have posted more than 500 but less than 1000? Is this information available?

Yes. It is available.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/memberlist.php

Sort by total posts and then choose descending. On page 2, you will see 4 people that meet that criteria. Pages 3, 4, and 5 are full of people in that criteria. Finally, on page 6, you see 22 people that meet that criteria. Given that there are 70 people per page, we get 70*3 + 22 + 4 = 236.
abhizz
There are 91981 registered members and increasing day by day
johans
I can observe that seniors Frihost and moderator are not that active anymore.. perhaps they choose paid since hard to maintain posting and points maintained.
Afaceinthematrix
johans wrote:
I can observe that seniors Frihost and moderator are not that active anymore.. perhaps they choose paid since hard to maintain posting and points maintained.

Or perhaps they just do not need the points anymore. Because it really isn't too hard to maintain the points. You only lose one point a day and the mere thirty seconds that I have spent typing this short little response is probably enough to merit me at least 2 or 3 points. You can actually spend about 10 minutes total a week all at once and build up a stock of 10 to 15 points that will last you 2 weeks...
Navigator
been here for a while now, almost two years (I guess?)
Asap170
Navigator wrote:
been here for a while now, almost two years (I guess?)

Fail man...You guess....it says it in your profile. lol
TurtleShell
Wow, I'm on page 3 if you sort by posts descending... ! Not bad. I like that list. Cool man.
matrixuk321
There seemed to be more people here like 5 years ago, not as many now
TurtleShell
do people really leave all that often? Probably just become inactive,yes?
deanhills
TurtleShell wrote:
do people really leave all that often? Probably just become inactive,yes?
Most of them just become inactive. If you check in the support forums you'll notice there are some who give notice of their departure, or wishing to give up their Website space.
hunnyhiteshseth
johans wrote:
You can actually spend about 10 minutes total a week all at once and build up a stock of 10 to 15 points that will last you 2 weeks...

Well that would be mindless typing for 10 minutes. Because if you are like me who reads every post in a thread before making a post and spend considerable time in drafting a post, beleive me it takes a lot longer. Smile
Afaceinthematrix
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
johans wrote:
You can actually spend about 10 minutes total a week all at once and build up a stock of 10 to 15 points that will last you 2 weeks...

Well that would be mindless typing for 10 minutes. Because if you are like me who reads every post in a thread before making a post and spend considerable time in drafting a post, beleive me it takes a lot longer. :-)

Then only respond to posts with minimal responses. Try to respond to new posts that no one else has responded to yet. That will save you the time! Or respond to posts like this where everyone has only made short responses. Avoid the philosophy forum where we get into it and have lengthy debates....
IceCreamTruck
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Avoid the philosophy forum where we get into it and have lengthy debates....

After a stint in P&R you will go over your monthly points quota and get knocked back down. Haha, matrix, don't we know.
hunnyhiteshseth
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
johans wrote:

Well that would be mindless typing for 10 minutes. Because if you are like me who reads every post in a thread before making a post and spend considerable time in drafting a post, beleive me it takes a lot longer. Smile

Then only respond to posts with minimal responses. Try to respond to new posts that no one else has responded to yet. That will save you the time! Or respond to posts like this where everyone has only made short responses. Avoid the philosophy forum where we get into it and have lengthy debates....

I can do that but that will defeat the whole purpose of frihost. Personally, i find it against the good faith that bondings put in all of us. I would rather have low point balance than post just for the sake of posting.
Vanilla
TurtleShell wrote:
Wow, I'm on page 3 if you sort by posts descending... ! Not bad. I like that list. Cool man.

I'm on page 2, n.81 of the list... I was just curious because I'm not very active. I wanna be in the top 10 posters too! I'll need some time to get there...

Quote:

1 ) deanhills 15022
2 ) Bondings 12556
3 ) ocalhoun 11697
4 ) Bikerman 11217
5 ) n0obie4life 7512
6 ) tidruG 6089
7 ) Blaster 5319
8 ) rvec 5084
9 ) mathiaus 4952
10) Vrythramax 4742
IceCreamTruck
Vanilla, killa! Haha, you'll get up there soon enough! It was Dean who first pointed out to me your rise to celebrity on frihost, and now you are a celebrated moderator, I like it!

81 is not bad! You've broken into the top 100 by storm! It does take a little bit of time to make progress at this level, however. It's not unlike leveling up in a MMORPG.

Pretty soon you'll be a level 75 WHM/RDM! Smile
deanhills
@Vanilla. Although I can't imagine Bondings having this expectation of you, I would agree that a Mod should at least be within the top 10 or 20 posters. However, I would filter out the inactive posters so that the ranking would only be for active members. That way your number would be more like 44. Like so:

1. Deanhills
2. Bondings
3. Ocalhoun
4. Bikerman
5. TiDrug
6. Blaster
7. Rvec
8. Mathiaus
9. Helios
10. Caxius

11. Indi
12. GhostRider
13. Ankhanu
14. Matrix
15. Truespeed
16. Standready
17. Ninjakannon
18. liljp617
19. Mazito
20 Watersoul

21. LostOverThere
22. Darkeagle
23. Josso
24. Handfleisch
25. Nameless
26. cparakawa
27. Sonam
28. Bluedoll
29. IceCreamTruck
30. Da Rossa

31. Jwellsy
32. William
33. Peterssidan
34. Catscratches
35. Fireboar
36. Nivinjoy
37. Escritor
38. Mrs_Robota
39. D'artagnan
40. Captain Fertile

41. Hogwarts
42. Mananumiglani
43. Pll
44. Vanilla

If you continue to post at the rate you've done for the last few months, I don't think it would be that difficult for you to get into the first 20 posters. Very Happy
busaboss
Woah! That was a lot of members! I hope the community would continue to grow through the emergence of new and active members so that we will have a lot of interesting topics and to share our experiences. Cool
IceCreamTruck
Wow, that puts me in the top 30...woot!

Honestly, I've liked reading over these lists because it's making me remember that I want to go find some of these people who haven't commented in a while.
busaboss
@IceCreamTruck Congratulations Ice Cream Truck! You really deserve it because you're very active in this forum. Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
Glad to have you join the fun Busaboss!
busaboss
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Glad to have you join the fun Busaboss!

Yes, I am really enjoying here in frihost though I don't have a lot of time to spend here but I do it whenever I can. It's really nice to be in a forum full of sensible people. Very Happy
Vanilla
IceCreamTruck wrote:
81 is not bad! You've broken into the top 100 by storm! It does take a little bit of time to make progress at this level, however. It's not unlike leveling up in a MMORPG.

Pretty soon you'll be a level 75 WHM/RDM! Smile

Haha thanks! I'm doing my best. Wink

deanhills wrote:
@Vanilla. Although I can't imagine Bondings having this expectation of you, I would agree that a Mod should at least be within the top 10 or 20 posters. However, I would filter out the inactive posters so that the ranking would only be for active members. That way your number would be more like 44.

I would be in the top 20 if I was an active user in 2011. Sad Turns out that this year was a pretty dark one to me when it comes to Internet. I have reached more than -100 points during this year because I didn't even had the time to log in and post just to keep my points above 0. Anyway, that's past now. Very Happy

deanhills wrote:
If you continue to post at the rate you've done for the last few months, I don't think it would be that difficult for you to get into the first 20 posters. Very Happy

Oh yeah. I used to post only in the Portuguese forum, but when it "died" I started to post in the English forums. Now that the Portuguese forum is alive again, I'll keep posting there and in the English forums too. Wink
deanhills
Vanilla wrote:
Oh yeah. I used to post only in the Portuguese forum, but when it "died" I started to post in the English forums. Now that the Portuguese forum is alive again, I'll keep posting there and in the English forums too. Wink
Awesome! Wish I could donate some to you!
Very Happy