FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

just turned 31 .... F*******K, time flies

Marcuzzo
hi guys, today I turned 31.
my 18th birthday seems like the day before yesterday.
Tempus Fugit so have fun in the amount of time that was given to you
deanhills
Congratulations Marcuzzo and MANY MANY happy new returns!

Frihost is having its anniversary I think on 26 April. Seven years? Anyway looks as though the two dates are quite close to one another.
Very Happy
Bondings
Wow, 31 years is quite a nice age for a cat! Although I guess you got that old by shooting all your enemies. Congratulations and may you catch a lot of mice!

Kidding aside, that's a nice age and yes for me the time is also going so fast lately. As deanhills mentioned, Frihost is almost 7 years old and it also seems like yesterday.

@deanhills, I usually announce it on the 27 April. I think because I only started advertising Frihost on the 27th and on the 26th still preparing everything.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
@deanhills, I usually announce it on the 27 April. I think because I only started advertising Frihost on the 27th and on the 26th still preparing everything.
27 has a much better ring for me than 26, so that's right on for me. Thanks Bondings.
adri
Congratulations Marcuzzo. Very Happy How did that arcade turn out? (cfr. here) Smile

adri
Vanilla
Marcuzzo wrote:
hi guys, today I turned 31.
my 18th birthday seems like the day before yesterday.
Tempus Fugit so have fun in the amount of time that was given to you

Tempus fugit, so carpe diem! Congratulations!

Bondings wrote:
Kidding aside, that's a nice age and yes for me the time is also going so fast lately. As deanhills mentioned, Frihost is almost 7 years old and it also seems like yesterday.

7 is my lucky number and 27 is my age. It's nice to see so many beautiful numbers together. S2
Insanity
At least you're past 30, where most midlife crises occur. It's like that magical number where everyone freaks out, but since you appear to be all calm and collected, you don't have anything to worry about. Happy birthday, though.
standready
Happy Birthday, Marcuzzo! Best wishes for many more!

Bondings wrote:
Wow, 31 years is quite a nice age for a cat! Although I guess you got that old by shooting all your enemies. Congratulations and may you catch a lot of mice!

Really, Bondings! A cat don't need no stinking gun to eliminate enemies! At least this Madd Catt don't.
spinout
hah yesterday I went 4 digits old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -> 44 Smile
Aredon
Happy birthday man! Very Happy
Marcuzzo
thanks guys,
I have to say that I had more difficulties turning 28 then I did when turning 30.
at 28 I was like 'cr*p in 2 years I'll be 30' and by the time I turned 30 I was long over it.
I don't think I'll end up with a midlife crisis ( at least not for another 10 years Very Happy ) because I've had a good time and lot's of fun along the way.
the only thing that I don't like about the age is that I can't eat what I used to eat because it will go straight to my belly Very Happy
Bondings
Marcuzzo wrote:
the only thing that I don't like about the age is that I can't eat what I used to eat because it will go straight to my belly Very Happy

That's my worry too. At the moment I can eat a lot without getting fat, but I doubt its going to last.
Marcuzzo
Bondings wrote:
That's my worry too. At the moment I can eat a lot without getting fat, but I doubt its going to last.

when I was 23 I used to work out a lot, mondays, wednesdays and fridays I used to practice Hapkido and the other days I would spend almost an hour at the gym.
in those days I also smoked a lot of weed ( I grew up in Maasmechelen which is next to the netherlands...) and I could get a huge family pizza at the local esso station and after that I would get a big "frit special" at the frituur. "

HMMMMM Fries
loremar
Did somebody mentioned about 7?
Guess what. Seven years from now, I'm going to be 31.
LOL, what a strange coincidence. Laughing

I'm turning 25 by July. That's 4 days after my anniversary with Frihost, which is June 27. And July is the 7th month. And I was born on 1987. Have enough 7's? LOL.
But I don't even want to imagine being 31. Only because I'm afraid I may still have not changed when I reached 31.

Anyways, happy belated birthday to you Marcuzzo. Wink
Marcuzzo
adri wrote:
Congratulations Marcuzzo. Very Happy How did that arcade turn out? (cfr. here) Smile

Hi Adri,
I haven't worked on it for a while because I'm a terrible designer and all that needs to be done is, wel, design the marquee, bezel and the control panel Crying or Very sad and as long as that isn't finished I can't continue.
the cabinet is fully operational so I do fire it up from time to time to play some games but it just isn't the same. the monitor is just standing on a shelf with no plexyglass in front of it, the marquee is just a big hole with no lights in it and the control panel is all black.

speaking of tempus fugit, I actualy named the project "tempus fugit" as a reminder on how time flew by since the days I used to feed those machines quarters and also how fast time flies when you are actualy playing games.

I did make a few concept art kind of thingies but like I said, I'm a terrible designer and they look too flashy and not retro enough imo.

maybe I should create a thread about this and post my "designs" (read abominations) and let you guys decide/suggest/whatever which one is better or how I can make em better

ayy, what say you
speeDemon
Bondings wrote:

hehe, my birthday is on 27th april Smile
busaboss
Hey, belated happy birthday Marcuzzo. God bless you Smile
IceCreamTruck
busaboss wrote:
happy birthday Marcuzzo.

I second that motion! I'm 32 now, but I had no idea that I was supposed to panic at 31! These are good years... although I'm becoming less and less keen on noting the passage of more birthdays. I think I'll be 32 for a while! Smile