FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Crysis 3 Announced

hakaner

Crysis 3 announced by Electronic Arts, the third game in Turkish-German developer Crytek's futuristic shooter series, which will be released on 2013 spring for the Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3. Crysis 3 Hunter Edition is available for preorders from today for $60 or £40.

Quote:
The hunted becomes the hunter! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and award-winning developer Crytek GmbH, today announced Crysis® 3, the premier sandbox shooter experience of 2013. Powered by Crytek’s proprietary CryENGINE®, Crysis 3 advances the state of the art with unparalleled visuals and dynamic shooter gameplay. Players take on the role of ‘Prophet’ as he returns to New York, only to discover that the city has been encased in a Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation. The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers. Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders. This dangerous new world demands advanced weapons and tactics. Prophet will utilize a lethal composite bow, an enhanced Nanosuit and devastating alien tech to become the deadliest hunter on the planet.

“Crysis 3 is a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay, advanced combat and hi-tech human and alien weaponry that shooter fans will love,” said Cevat Yerli, Chief Executive Officer of Crytek. “Leveraging the latest CryENGINE technology, we’re able to deliver seven unique themes that offer stunning and visually loaded gameplay experiences. We cannot wait until people get their hands on the game.”

Set in 2047, Prophet is on a revenge mission after uncovering the truth behind Cell Corporation’s motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. The citizens were told that the giant citywide structures were resurrected to protect the population and to cleanse these metropolises of the remnants of Ceph forces. In reality, the Nanodomes are CELL’s covert attempt at a land and technology grab in their quest for global domination. With Alien Ceph lurking around every corner and human enemies on the attack, nobody is safe in the path of vengeance. Everyone is a target in Prophet’s quest for retribution.

Here are the pre-order bonuses:

Stalker Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: for players who like to stalk their prey from the shadows the Stalker Pack provides early multiplayer access to the deadly semi-auto Jackal shotgun. This powerful, close-range shotgun comes with a unique silencer attachment, custom weapon skin and two exclusive themed in-game dog tags.

Overkill Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Overkill Pack features early multiplayer access to the Typhoon assault weapon and skin. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included are two exclusive Overkill themed in-game dog tags.

Predator Pack – Includes the base game, all the Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Predator Pack delivers early multiplayer access to the Feline submachine gun and exclusive camo. With an extremely fast rate of fire and a 60 round magazine the Feline is highly effective and deadly, at short range.

Visuals: http://imgur.com/a/HkQTc

CryENGINE 3.0.4:

edit: First official gameplay teaser appeared.

12/3 - Crysis 3 minimum, recommended and high performance PC specs released

MINIMUM SYSTEM OPERATING REQUIREMENTS FOR PC:
• Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1Gb Video RAM
• Dual core CPU
• 2GB Memory (3GB on Vista)
• Example 1 (Nvidia/Intel):
– Nvidia GTS 450
– Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 Ghz (E6600)
• Example 2 (AMD):
– AMD Radeon HD5770
– AMD Athlon64 X2 2.7 Ghz (5200+)

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM OPERATING REQUIREMENTS FOR PC:
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
• Quad core GPU
• 4GB Memory
– Nvidia GTX 560
– Intel Core i3-530
• Example 2 (AMD):
– AMD Radeon HD5870
– AMD Phenom II X2 565

HI-PERFORMANCE PC SPECIFICATIONS:
• Latest DirectX 11 graphics card
• Latest quad core CPU
• 8GB Memory
– NVidia GTX 680
– Intel Core i7-2600k
• Example 2 (AMD):
– AMD Radeon HD7970
– AMD Bulldozer FX4150
weableandbob
It looks visually amazing as expected Very Happy Whether the gameplay will be good is still up in the air. Crysis 2 wasn't a bad game, but the nanosuit certainly felt less awesome than in Crysis 1.
Dementei
weableandbob wrote:
It looks visually amazing as expected Very Happy Whether the gameplay will be good is still up in the air. Crysis 2 wasn't a bad game, but the nanosuit certainly felt less awesome than in Crysis 1.

Ya I agree, I wanted to play Crysis 1 when I was playing the 2nd, the suit just didn't feel powerful at all I actually stopped playing it because what I was playing was not Crysis, no awesome nano-suit here.
Ultrak1ll
Ohhh New Cry Engine - every mappers dream. Bad that i have shitty computer 1,6 gHz . I can't even play CS properly

After watching that vid i feel sick Confused
Dementei
I've been mapping lately with the CryEngine 3 SDK and I gotta say.. as cool and easy as it is there are a lot of problems with it, it's rather annoying to work with. Most of it isn't really mapping, I define mapping as in using Valve Hammer Editor, this mapping with CE3 is just making displacements, coloring terrain, and model placement no real geometry work as I am used to. I am glad Source still uses real brushes though, it is the last of its kind.. anyway Crysis is mostly all graphics and no game but we will see if they do something with the 3rd.
Ultrak1ll
Quote:
CE3 is just making displacements, coloring terrain, and model placement no real geometry work as I am used to. I am glad Source still uses real brushes though, it is the last of its kind..

Well when posting i forgot to mention that CE3 is a mappers dream when it comes to nature, but yeah otherwise its painful. They like model everyting ... sick.... One thing i like about CE series is that you can test your map right there in the editior.

I myself have been mapping for about 10 years and CE1 (FarCry) was one of the first engines I experimented on. Since then i have mapped for Max Payne, CS:S, HL2(bit different than CS:S), WarSow, TrueCombat:Elite all in q2/3 family.[/code]
Dementei
Ultrak1ll wrote:

Well when posting i forgot to mention that CE3 is a mappers dream when it comes to nature, but yeah otherwise its painful. They like model everyting ... sick.... One thing i like about CE series is that you can test your map right there in the editior.

I myself have been mapping for about 10 years and CE1 (FarCry) was one of the first engines I experimented on. Since then i have mapped for Max Payne, CS:S, HL2(bit different than CS:S), WarSow, TrueCombat:Elite all in q2/3 family.[/code]

Ahh nice bro, good to meet a fellow mapper Very Happy
Yea I do like that about CE the real time editor and can just jump right in and play it and the nature is really pretty, but I gotta have my three grids and cam view haha. I remember playing with CE1 several years ago, when you could change the height map and showed up in real time I was like OoOooo CoOoool haha. But yea Valve mapping is awesome, I have a small little stairwell I've been working on for past couple of nights now its a part of a flooded and dark office map with experimental lighting , what do you think so far:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9692/ggflooded0010.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3074/ggflooded0007.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2267/ggflooded0008.jpg

I've also mapped for Q3, it's pretty similar, but the way selection was done was pretty different and resizing things, I got the hang of it though. Go ahead and post some shots if you got any too yo Razz
Ultrak1ll
I saw your pics, bit too dark. Also you should use a different water shader, but if youproperly texture it I think it will look good.

Haven't mapped for CS:S for a year, I don't have any screenshots left, but here are some vids.
First one is a map made for a clan:

Second one is unfinished experiment/remix:

Here are more maps I have made for CS:S
http://www.gamebanana.com/css/maps/153452
My fav:

http://www.gamebanana.com/css/maps/154186

but before anyone calls me an bad artist/mapper i just want to say that i have developed much in the last few years. These were just fantasy maps hovering in the air.

Now im into warsow WIP screens:
http://www.upload.ee/image/2265717/shot.jpg

Totally different gamplay called slide. Its like ice skating at 500 km/h with rockets
http://www.upload.ee/image/2190979/room1.jpg
matrixuk321
It will be visually amazing but the gameplay will be poor, like all the other Crysis games.
Dementei
Nice maps Ultra I like them, look like rly fun maps. The Warsow one looks really cool too, and I noticed you did some demo smoothing I tried that once but I don't think it works anymore on newer engine. And haha I have also made an orange map, gotta love those textures:

Here's other weird maps I've made when I was younger: http://www.gamebanana.com/members/173032
The stairwell you saw is supposed to be dark and can't really find any better water, it'll be a dark and flooded map. I don't see many maps where you can shoot out all the lights and use flashlights while trudging in water, should be fun Smile

I also don't think that no one is necessarily a bad mapper either, it takes a lot of will-power and confidence to make a successful map. The programs itself are easy but having the imagination and the knowledge of 'proper mapping' is all it really takes.
wombatrpgs
I had no idea people actually played Crysis and it wasn't just used for PC gaming benchmarking.
hakaner
New 18 min. gameplay video
Dementei
The suit is definitely looking more useful in this one, but still I think the first Crysis was done better with the suit abilities, 2 & 3 is so noob-friendly or should I said it's so cod-like.. just like any other AAA game to come out today. Skill is replaced with action sequences and linear battles, might as well watch a movie really. Either way I am gonna play it and I am moderately gonna have fun with it.

/rant
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Gregoric
As always with the Crysis, graphics looks amazing and will be canon until Crysis 4 comes out. However, I have never played any Crysis, so I will pass the 3rd part the same way.

Why? I do not expect a game to be graphic technology benchmark like Serious Sam, Far Cry or Crysis series. That is not enough for me.

Anyway, I am not 100% sure if my PC would hold all the effects at regular FPS rate Smile.
wombatrpgs
Gregoric wrote:
As always with the Crysis, graphics looks amazing and will be canon until Crysis 4 comes out. However, I have never played any Crysis, so I will pass the 3rd part the same way.

Why? I do not expect a game to be graphic technology benchmark like Serious Sam, Far Cry or Crysis series. That is not enough for me.

Anyway, I am not 100% sure if my PC would hold all the effects at regular FPS rate Smile.

I think it's possible to lower graphics settings...
jkaushalya

Crysis 3 Multiplayer Hunter MOD. I played the Crysis and Crysis Wars multiplayer. Those are awesome. But not the Crysis 2 MP. Hope they are having some thing like Power Struggle.
drunkenkoz
This is going to be a game I will never even look into buying. Crysis 1 was a so so game and wasn't all that great. When they released Crysis 2 I noticed a huge hype about it but it soon ended directly after the release of the public beta. People mainly use Crysis 2 to test how much they can push their computer graphics wise. For gameplay, it's horrible.
wombatrpgs
drunkenkoz wrote:
People mainly use Crysis 2 to test how much they can push their computer graphics wise.

This was the first time I heard reference to Crysis, yeah.
drunkenkoz
wombatrpgs wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:
People mainly use Crysis 2 to test how much they can push their computer graphics wise.

This was the first time I heard reference to Crysis, yeah.

Well it's the truth. xD

Usually gamers would say things like, "My computer is able to handle Crysis on high with 60 fps!" It's a way of them bragging about how good their gaming rig is. I mean if your computer can handle those good of graphics with such a high frame rate, you have every right to brag about it.
wombatrpgs
Thanks for the update, I was half-expecting a referral code.
hakaner
"System requirements" added.
wombatrpgs
hakaner wrote:
"System requirements" added.

Ha, because everyone knows this is the most important part of Crysis.