FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Korn

Sandcrawler
Anyone else like them? whats you favorite songs by them?

Mine are:
Lets Get This Party Started
Beg for Me
Wake Up
Right Now
Break Some Off
Counting On Me
A.D.I.D.A.S.
Word Up!
Shoots & Ladders
Freak on a Leash (Dante Ross Mix)
Got the Life

My Last.fm Profile:
Here
diablera
Well, eventhough Korn is not my fave band so far, I used to like the first album. It was very OK, but then it became repetitive and kinda uncool. Deftones is my fave (so called) nu-metal band.

Anyways, my fave songs I gues are Blind and ADIDAS

Cheers!! Cool
arianaenholm
I love korn and my friend listens to it. I just can't think of the song names lol
inygmuh
Sandcrawler wrote:
Anyone else like them? whats you favorite songs by them?

Mine are:
Lets Get This Party Started
Beg for Me
Wake Up
Right Now
Break Some Off
Counting On Me
A.D.I.D.A.S.
Word Up!
Shoots & Ladders
Freak on a Leash (Dante Ross Mix)
Got the Life

My Last.fm Profile:
Here

I also enjoy some of those tracks, namely A.D.I.D.A.S., Wake Up, Freak on a Leash, and one you didn't mention (To this day, I have no idea why it even appeals to me), Trash. All of these songs are on their Greatest Hits: Volume 1 album. There is another shorter track (interlude?) that I like titled 4u. I used to have Follow the Leader and Issues, but both were stolen from me a number of years back, and I have since been unable to buy them again. Personally, I don't think I should *have* to pay for them a second time. I spent my own hard-earned money on those, just so someone else could swipe them and possibly sell them. That's not fair to me OR Korn.
inygmuh
diablera wrote:
Well, eventhough Korn is not my fave band so far, I used to like the first album. It was very OK, but then it became repetitive and kinda uncool. Deftones is my fave (so called) nu-metal band.

Anyways, my fave songs I gues are Blind and ADIDAS

Cheers!! Cool

Speaking of "nu-metal," Are you at all interested in Disturbed? Stupify was well done, I thought, but Down With the Sickness was even nicer. I'm still waiting on the Queen of the Damned soundtrack to ship, as well as their "new" album. For some reason, BMG has yet to send them out *grumble*.
diablera
inygmuh wrote:
Speaking of "nu-metal," Are you at all interested in Disturbed? Stupify was well done, I thought, but Down With the Sickness was even nicer. I'm still waiting on the Queen of the Damned soundtrack to ship, as well as their "new" album. For some reason, BMG has yet to send them out *grumble*.

Thank you very much, I know Disturbed too, and I think they're not bad; But I guess I should have added that Nu-Metal is not my fave kind of music anyways. It is OK, I like some songs too, but then that's it, originality loses when it becomes repetitive.

Anyway, I'll let you know what I'm currently listening to:

Arvo Part, Steve Reich, Eric Satie, John Cage, Brian and Roger Eno, David Bowie and Arcade Fire...

Cheers!!! Cool
1day
korn are like the worst band out there... even slipknot are better Exclamation
erik
I used to like Korn a lot, But I know now bands wich I think are much better that Korn, so I don't listen to them that much anymore...

Anyway, my favoured songs:
Freak On A Leash
Here To Stay
Another Brick In The Wall
Alone I Break
Blind
Somebody Someone
traxion
jea man korn has good music

one of the best of misuc ever made:)
Travis
I never liked them but now that really began to hear I am liking a lot
I don't get to stop hearing of so good that and
eatthesun
is lame-ass, and need to retire immdiately. limp bizkit, creed.. 2 down - 1 to go. lets do this.
SunburnedCactus
Was good back in the day (circa 1998) but I think Deftones were the best Nu-Metal band. It all sounds a bit dated now really.
FlOw
Anyone know the song by Korn called Chi?
newarkan
Well, Korn is STILL one of my favs with Deftones too...
I heard they're gonna release a new album soon...
ruff_ryder
FlOw wrote:
Anyone know the song by Korn called Chi?

Yup, it's on their 2nd album, Life is Peachy. Why do you ask?
Rolla76
I used too really love Korn back in the days of Self Titled and Life is Peachy, but they seemed too lose their way around Follow the Leader and started too care too much about selling albums, turned into a POP band, thats not cool.
althalus
I wouldn't call them a pop band, although I guess some tunes are "catchy".. They're one of my favourite band at the moment. Can't say I have a favourite song as such, rather say there are some songs I might skip instead. I like most of them. Wink

The albums I like the least are Life.. and Follow.. as they (to me) seem very rap-oriented. *shrug*

Is there a "best of" pt.2 comming out?

ADDED: Hmm after I wrote this I went and checked korn.com. Seems like they're releasing a new album, due out on Dec 6th. Neato. Smile
GTA
I don't like Nu Metal i like tresh and heavy metal like : Slayer metallica iron maiden black sabbath and more
Sandcrawler
ya getting there new album soon as it comes out...there new songs seems a bit heavyer then there past songs...Metallica is a good band =\ right now my favorite from them is Fixxer ...it just sounds great

Quote:
korn are like the worst band out there... even slipknot are better

Slipknot sucks...they can't play anything...only person that is good with them is there Vocalist...
iloveu00
Yeah i think so although i dont always listen to ..
erik
Today I saw the new Korn video

The song suckes, but the video is cool Laughing
anxiety1
any one herd the new album yet?

its ment to be good?
XeononyX

As you can see in my picture ... I have a KoRn tattoo.

1) Dave is the best Drummer ever. Yes I said that out loud. If he stays healthy.

2) Jon davis, even though lacking lately because his life is getting better, is masterful about putting his anger in words.

3) I was glad to see Counting On Me on the posts author's favorites list because that can be my anthem in multiple facets of my life.
vedet
I'm a big fan of KoRn, it was the first metal band i ever started to like, i believe it was the year 1998!

i can't say what is the best or worse song from Korn, I like 'em all Smile
coker
They are GREAT!

My favorite is children of korn and Here To Stay
De_Luis
I liked their song ADIDAS years ago and after that they had some decent songs, but they sold themselfs to PUMA and are more an imageband nowadays for teenagers it seems, doing a bit of a repeat of their old tricks.
CMA
I'm a big KoRn fan, also. I can't really say which is my favorite song, but I can say that Untouchables is my favorite album. I listen to it a lot more than the others I have. Cool I just can't understand when some people say they hate KoRn when they haven't heard much from them. Really, I know lots of people like that. Still, after lending my KoRn albums around I've got some friends to start liking them and go off to get the albums themselves.

A band isn't just what you see in MTV, after all.

I still haven't bought their new album, See You on The Other Side... For anyone who already has it, what can you tell me about it? How good is it in comparison to their previous ones?
XeononyX
Well, I'll put it into the decent catagory, its really a hybrid of some old sounds and some new ones.
CMA
Hmmm ok, I'll look into it when I have the cash. I'm kinda dry for the moment. Wink
Are these new copies part of some sort of special edition (eg. do they include some extra tracks that they may not be including later on?). I've got special editions of the last 3 albums, so I might try to get this one as well. Laughing
kenetix
the only song that I like from Korn is the one featuring Xzibit - Fight the power from the xXx: State of the union Soundtrack, other than that I just hate the band
anxiety1
has anyone got the new album its ment to be well good i might have to get it!
BlackMask
I love korn and my friend listens to it. I just can't think of the song names lol
Lanochka-ru
I like only one song of them. But I forgot it's name. There in movie clip is Angelina Jolie.
afux
i don't know much songs of korn
but my favourite songs of them are
1.did my time
2.word up!
3.twisted transistor
CMA
Lanochka-ru wrote:
I like only one song of them. But I forgot it's name. There in movie clip is Angelina Jolie.

You mean Did My Time, from their previous album. Wink
XeononyX
CMA wrote:
Hmmm ok, I'll look into it when I have the cash. I'm kinda dry for the moment. Wink
Are these new copies part of some sort of special edition (eg. do they include some extra tracks that they may not be including later on?). I've got special editions of the last 3 albums, so I might try to get this one as well. Laughing

Sorry bout the slow response us skeletons get slow with old age.
As for the special editions I'm not 100% sure, I did not purchace the album only heard it, kowing KoRn there probably is a special edition, I will look into it and get back to ya.
XeononyX
Yes there is a special edition: with an extra disc of goodies:

Disc: 1
1. Twisted Transistor
2. Politics
3. Hypocrites
4. Souvenir
5. 2-Way
6. Throw Me Away
7. Love Song
8. Open Up
9. Coming Undone
10. Getting Off
11. Liar
12. For No One
13. Seen It All
14. Saturated Loneliness (Tearjearker)

Disc: 2
1. It’s Me Again (Audio)
2. Eaten Up Inside Me (Audio)
3. Last Legal Drug (Le Petit Mort) (Audio)
4. Twisted Transistor (Dante Ross Mix) (Audio)
5. Twisted Transistor (Dummies Club Mix) (Audio)
6. Twisted Transistor (live from Moscow) (Video)
7. Hypocrites (live from Moscow) (Video)

Hope this helps also it is available at amazon.com and I imagine e-bay.
sandmanxyz
I hope Head to come back as soon as possible friends

Korn me a lot man!!!
XeononyX
Well, Head will never come back to Korn, and if he even tried I doubt they would let him back in. Would you? They've already found a replacement. Head was very good, but the world turns also.
althalus
With Head leaving the sound changed more than what it did before between two albums. But I wouldn't say it's a bad thing. The first time I listened through the album I noticed something quite different, but I couldn't quite pin-point it. After a while though I noticed that the songs are, how to put it, more one-sided. A bunch of the effects used in the previous releases (at least the 2-3 latest ones) are missing, and instead there are a lot of "regular" hard rock riffs going on. Again, this is not a bad thing, just different. Think it has something to do with Munky not having anyone to bounce ideas on.

It didn't sound like Korn at first, but... I gave them a chance, listening through the album a few times and now I listen to it most every day. It's in no way a bad album, just a pointer that Korn might be taking on a slightly different direction. (But then, aren't they with every new release?).

Any news on whether a new guitarrist will be joining?
XeononyX
You're right. Before the newest album they made a specific effort to change their style back to older versions especially "Take a look in the mirror" Alot of it is Jons' vocals but most of it is the lack of they 'RAP' aspects of other albums ('Follow the Leader') I think one of the reasons for this is because Fieldy is doing his own thing ('Fieldy's Dreams').

Another huge thing on the new album is their Label. They finished thie Deal with Sony and are now with EMI/Virgin. I think Sony was handcuffing them and what they could do (refer to 'You'all wanna single') now with EMI another door has been opened.

As it goies with another guitarist : I know they picked up another one for live shows but he plays in the back, I'm not too sure about this tactic but thats what they're doing. They say they're doing this because they didn't want to "Throw" him into the madness, and feeding him to the sharks of a crazy new live show. At Korn.com you check out the band pages and all you see is "Jon, Munky, Fieldy, and David" So I think they will remain a four piece forever on, and they got the new guy to round out the live tour until they either: Recycle the old material out (Nooo!) or figure out how to play it all live with only 4 members, which is possible, hard, but possible. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Ohh ya, BTW these are just opinions on how I feel I could be 100% wrong, but I've been listening to these guys since '95 and I know that goal #1 is to keep their fans happy.