FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Quick contest! Winner to receive 5 coins!

IceCreamTruck
This is a quick contest, and the fastest draw wins!

1912 was a curious year! Exactly 100 years ago! What is even more curious is what happened today, April 15th, one hundred years ago!

The first person to tell me what major historical event happened on April 15th 1912 then you will receive 5 coins!

GO!
IceCreamTruck
5 minutes and still no winner? Wow, so much for quick draw! Smile
watersoul
Urm.. <answer removed at IceCreamTrucks request>

I don't want any coins thanks, but even without doing a search it's all over the media here in the UK.
IceCreamTruck
Then delete your post! maybe the new ones want to give it a go!
Ankhanu
It's also all over the media here in Canada (and presumably in the US too)... Also not interested in the coins Wink
IceCreamTruck
OK, wonderful! If it's not fun for you then why make it no fun for anyone else?
Ankhanu
IceCreamTruck wrote:
OK, wonderful! If it's not fun for you then why make it no fun for anyone else?

Sorry, thought "making it no fun" would have been providing the answer and denying others the coins... my bad.
Vanilla
I read about it today in a Brazilian magazine! It's beautiful how fascinating such a thing can be, eh? I'm not giving any answers either. Wink
IceCreamTruck
I appreciate Ankhanu and Vanilla not giving answer. I figured older frihosters could let the newer frihoster grab some free coin!
rjraaz
I think this date is related to a name with which we are very familiar to, that is RMS Titanic. That was a world's largest passenger liner sank in th North Atlantic Ocean on same day a 100 years ago. I think its a biggest iceberg collide of history. Due to which we had lost around 1,514 peoples .
IceCreamTruck
rjraaz wrote:
I think this date is related to a name with which we are very familiar to, that is RMS Titanic. That was a world's largest passenger liner sank in th North Atlantic Ocean on same day a 100 years ago. I think its a biggest iceberg collide of history. Due to which we had lost around 1,514 peoples .

An answer that wins 5 coins if you like!
IceCreamTruck
Contest concluded.
Ankhanu
Success!!

Congratulations, rjraaz. That makes two Frih contests I know that you've won Smile
IceCreamTruck
Ankhanu wrote:
Success!!

Congratulations, rjraaz. That makes two Frih contests I know that you've won Smile

Woot! What other one?
Ankhanu
He was the IRC use contest I held in January. He was the most prolific new #FriHost user through the month. Not only that, but he's so awesome that he's also stuck around to become a "regular".
Ghost Rider103
Congrats rjraaz!

We should have more of these quick mini contests! Maybe something I'll have to put some effort into myself as well to host some of these. I have plenty of coins I don't plan on using anytime soon.

Anyways, perhaps keep them in their correct category (contests).

Thread moved.
busaboss
Too bad I didn't had the chance to join. I hope to join the next contest! Smile
IceCreamTruck
I will give everyone who comments here a heads up by posting the reply "new contest" so watch this thread for first word announcements.
busaboss
Sure! Thank you IceCreamTruck!
GuidanceReader
I can't believe it took that long to answer... I was getting to the point that I thought I might actually be in for a chance almost 2 days later ! LOL
ocalhoun
Wanted to come back with some plithy response about something else that happened that day...

But can't!

Seriously, google search is completely overwhelmed with the Titanic, and can't give me anything non-Titanic-related that happened that day.

Makes me wonder if anybody in the world remembers anything else that happened that day...
watersoul
Although the major news event of the day was of course the sinking of theTitanic, there were a couple of less reported stories...

There was an occultation of Venus visible from parts of Florida & Georgia
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu//full/1912PA.....20..169R/0000169.000.html

Kim Il-sung was born - This controversial chap became the ruler of North Korea from 1948 to 1994

USS Jouett (DD-41) was launched for the first time at Bath Ironworks shipyard, Maine, US
http://www.navsource.org/archives/05/041.htm

And who could forget the opening of Moombooldool Post Office in New South Wales, Australia?!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moombooldool,_New_South_Wales Laughing
IceCreamTruck
watersoul wrote:
And who could forget the opening of Moombooldool Post Office in New South Wales, Australia?!

Me. Apparently this did not make my calendar! Smile