FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


How to stay young and fit?





vhinGARCIA
help me on How to stay young and fit?
Possum
Exercise.. Walking will do. Reduce Dairy, Reduce meat to 10% of daily food. Eat lots of Cabbage.. Coleslaw .

Have Starch (Carbs) in all forms only as special treat. I'm down to the equivalent of 1 slice of bread per day..
menino
To stay fit, you have to exercise and diet. calculate calories in and calories burned if you can.

To stay young... always keep smiling, and be happy. Laughing
Possum
Smile and be happy .. true
busaboss
Eat a well-balanced diet everyday. Exercise regularly and be sure to have enough rest so your body won't get worn out. As everybody said, always try to smile and be happy no matter what. Cool
mshafiq
To be fit and smart eat healthy food and do exercise like yoga,zomba.there are lots of exercise that suits your body and keep you fit.
Exercise is very important as sleep.so make a habit of exercise daily
Yoga is very good to loss weight.it keep your body slim because of streching of body mussels
Many yoga exercise put strength in your body you can support the weight of your own body in new ways, including balancing on one leg , or arms
Yoga helps shape long, lean muscles
Eat a variety of nutrient rich foods. You need more than 40 different nutrients for good health, and you know that single food supplies can not full fill all your requirement Your daily food selection should include bread and other whole-grain products; fruits; vegetables; dairy products; and meat, poultry, fish and other protein foods. How much you should eat depends on your diet.
vhinGARCIA
wooh.. It seems to be hard..
Possum
No..Its easy.. Just get the habit..

Personally I think exercise like the gym is a waste of time unless you do it for social reasons. Make your whole day one big exercise. Walking is fantastic. Concentrate on your Posture. Tense your stomach when you bend over. Become conscious of your breathing.
abhizz
Reduce meat?? i cant..... Laughing
Possum
abhizz wrote:
Reduce meat?? i cant..... Laughing


lol.. Ive been there too..

I found the best way to reduced meat is to have the very best prime cuts. But just a little Wink
cybersa
Do regular exercise daily.
Especially yoga.

Then keep low fat foods daily.
medesignz
Being happy is my tip Very Happy
medesignz
1 Pint of Guinness every day too apparently
Coen
Exercising and eating healthy is probably the best way to go to stay healthy. That is not to say you can never eat unhealthy food again, though. If you make sure you stay fit by for instance walking, running or swimming and keep a healthy diet with enough fruit and vegetables then you should be fine.
gheba
nobody mentioned sex?? Embarassed
Coen
Exercise can include sex Razz
Plus if you mentioned it you'd have a potential religious/ethical/moral discussion on your hands of it being about love etc. But purely biologically speaking sex is, or can be, good exercise too.
johannespilz
yes, exercising and sex.

but the main thing is nutrition.

eat healthy. of course u will get older if u drink alcohol 7 times a week and eat fast food only. i can recommend the book "the ultramind solution" by mark hyman. (its a nytimes bestseller) it covers these things. try it!
zimmer
vhinGARCIA wrote:
help me on How to stay young and fit?


hmmm... we could not help you... lol.. what i am saying is only your self can help you because you know your self more on how to motivate your own self.. and it is you benefits not other person. but if you really want to stay young and fit do more exercise and eat health foods..

To tell you honestly its difficult to stay fit and eat healthy foods.. based on my experience healthy foods is expensive here in my country.. the ingredients are expensive than those ordinary brands.. One of the factors why keeping healthy is getting expensive lifestyle specially if you live in the city and i dont know why.. Second factor paying to gym every-month is another factor of expensive.. not only you pay to gym you put some time to travel and travel involves money... and many more...

so i suggest you keep you mind in condition and ready your self and pocket for it to stay young and fit.
medesignz
Isnt it lots of sex?
Afaceinthematrix
Possum wrote:
Exercise.. Walking will do. Reduce Dairy, Reduce meat to 10% of daily food. Eat lots of Cabbage.. Coleslaw .

Have Starch (Carbs) in all forms only as special treat. I'm down to the equivalent of 1 slice of bread per day..


Possum wrote:
No..Its easy.. Just get the habit..

Personally I think exercise like the gym is a waste of time unless you do it for social reasons. Make your whole day one big exercise. Walking is fantastic. Concentrate on your Posture. Tense your stomach when you bend over. Become conscious of your breathing.


Those are both piss-poor pieces of advice. You really do not know much about exercise, fitness, or health and so I would advise that you do not try to give advice.

1) Walking will not do. Exercise like the gym certainly is NOT a waste of time and walking is NOT fantastic. You can't cheat and just make the whole day one big exercise unless you are doing serious walking (carrying heavy stuff up steep hills and such). You really need to do several hours of moderate to intense exercise a week. I personally do 1 hour of intense weight lifting a day and then about 4 hours of intense cardio exercise a week. And you can see the results by looking at me. I have large muscles and low body fat. Furthermore, I am HEALTHY. You might be able to not become obese by walking, but you aren't necessarily going to have a strong cardio system that will help you live a long and healthy life.

2) Second is diet. You don't necessarily want to reduce carbs to one slice of bread a day. That is actually terrible if you exercise a lot. You need to eat good carbs and lots of them if you're active. Carbs = energy and I wouldn't function without a lot of carbs.
medesignz
Dont eat after 8pm (unless you do night shifts)
Afaceinthematrix
medesignz wrote:
Dont eat after 8pm (unless you do night shifts)


Because calories can tell time, right? I think that this is probably the most told weight loss myth that I have ever read. It is unscientific and I cannot find a single scientific paper supporting it.

These things only spread because everyone mindlessly repeats them without doing their research first.

The reality is that you should eat when you're hungry and not when you're not hungry. I suppose the only factual thing about having a cutoff time that you don't eat after is that if you live the lifestyle of watching television for a while before bed and you like to eat snacks while watching television then you are essentially cutting out that time that you'd do that.
medesignz
Afaceinthematrix wrote:


Because calories can tell time, right? I think that this is probably the most told weight loss myth that I have ever read. It is unscientific and I cannot find a single scientific paper supporting it.

These things only spread because everyone mindlessly repeats them without doing their research first.

The reality is that you should eat when you're hungry and not when you're not hungry. I suppose the only factual thing about having a cutoff time that you don't eat after is that if you live the lifestyle of watching television for a while before bed and you like to eat snacks while watching television then you are essentially cutting out that time that you'd do that.


I dont think it has anything to do with weight loss, but more of hours of digestion... The body would not be completely shut down whilst sleeping etc.

Remember this post is not about how to lose weight, but how to stay young, fit and healthy.
Afaceinthematrix
medesignz wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:


Because calories can tell time, right? I think that this is probably the most told weight loss myth that I have ever read. It is unscientific and I cannot find a single scientific paper supporting it.

These things only spread because everyone mindlessly repeats them without doing their research first.

The reality is that you should eat when you're hungry and not when you're not hungry. I suppose the only factual thing about having a cutoff time that you don't eat after is that if you live the lifestyle of watching television for a while before bed and you like to eat snacks while watching television then you are essentially cutting out that time that you'd do that.


I dont think it has anything to do with weight loss, but more of hours of digestion... The body would not be completely shut down whilst sleeping etc.

Remember this post is not about how to lose weight, but how to stay young, fit and healthy.


It's about how to stay young and FIT. FIT partly has to do with weight and young is just symbolic because we cannot control how old we are. However, I will still tell you, that there is no scientific evidence showing that eating past 8 PM is bad and people always say that and I call complete bullshit. If you think that you should not eat after 8 PM then show me the peer-reviewed scientific paper telling me why and don't just prance around the issue by saying "I dont think it has anything to do with weight loss, but more of hours of digestion..." You're just guessing and saying something that you think sounds right without doing any actual research.
medesignz
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
It's about how to stay young and FIT. FIT partly has to do with weight and young is just symbolic because we cannot control how old we are. However, I will still tell you, that there is no scientific evidence showing that eating past 8 PM is bad and people always say that and I call complete bullshit. If you think that you should not eat after 8 PM then show me the peer-reviewed scientific paper telling me why and don't just prance around the issue by saying "I dont think it has anything to do with weight loss, but more of hours of digestion..." You're just guessing and saying something that you think sounds right without doing any actual research.
You can have some slightly overweight fit people though, cant you?
Jaylan
You can stay young and fit by regular exercise, having a planned diet and enough sleeping.
Afaceinthematrix
medesignz wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
It's about how to stay young and FIT. FIT partly has to do with weight and young is just symbolic because we cannot control how old we are. However, I will still tell you, that there is no scientific evidence showing that eating past 8 PM is bad and people always say that and I call complete bullshit. If you think that you should not eat after 8 PM then show me the peer-reviewed scientific paper telling me why and don't just prance around the issue by saying "I dont think it has anything to do with weight loss, but more of hours of digestion..." You're just guessing and saying something that you think sounds right without doing any actual research.
You can have some slightly overweight fit people though, cant you?


Possibly although not really. If you're a man then your body fat should be somewhere between 18 - 24% and if you're a woman it should be between 25-31%. This is average. Obviously, if you're athletic then it will be low. I think that body builders aim to be around 5% before a competition. But still, this scale leaves you a 6% range which is quite a lot... There is a wide range of leniency there.
medesignz
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Possibly although not really. If you're a man then your body fat should be somewhere between 18 - 24% and if you're a woman it should be between 25-31%. This is average. Obviously, if you're athletic then it will be low. I think that body builders aim to be around 5% before a competition. But still, this scale leaves you a 6% range which is quite a lot... There is a wide range of leniency there.
Saying that tho, if you were to say weigh an extremely muscular man. Based on his height he would be deemed overweight. No?
Afaceinthematrix
medesignz wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Possibly although not really. If you're a man then your body fat should be somewhere between 18 - 24% and if you're a woman it should be between 25-31%. This is average. Obviously, if you're athletic then it will be low. I think that body builders aim to be around 5% before a competition. But still, this scale leaves you a 6% range which is quite a lot... There is a wide range of leniency there.
Saying that tho, if you were to say weigh an extremely muscular man. Based on his height he would be deemed overweight. No?


By some scales. I was looking at body fat percentage here which is the best way to see if someone is too fat. Body fat percentage only looks at the amount of fat. Another scale is the body mass index (BMI) which looks at the relationship between your height and weight. This is flawed because according to the BMI scale, I am actually overweight because I lot quite a bit of muscle. But I am not fat and so I have a low body fat percentage and by that scale I am not overweight.
rogue_skydragon
Smiling, laughing, eating a balanced diet, and exercising regularly are key to staying young and fit. Having sex helps, too.
bijit
Yeah...Jaylan is right..
need to exercise regularly for a good amount of time..
have a good diet of healthy foods..
and good complete sleep..
Most importantly "remain happy and dont worry" Smile
paulcatano
I think, If you would like to enjoy proper fitness and good health... there are only two tips that i have an experience in my life...

1.> Depends on simple & schedule diet and fresh fruits
2.> Daily exercise and walk
halebill
Maintain a good mood every day。
Every day to exercise, maintain a healthy state of mind, then eat sleep the rest, will the health and longevity, I think so.
medesignz
What about the insanity challenge?
nigam
to stay young and healthy is to eat the right and healthy foods...well balanced diet and do some exercise as well.....
medesignz
I think everything in moderation is the key
Davidryan
Well is important to note that diet and exercise are associated with each other. If people get exercise and take quality diet, then their body and health would be improved. Moreover, they need to add foods which are enrich with protein, vitamins, and other nutrients. Some exercises like running and swimming are ideal for fitness.
medesignz
so staying young and fit is purely down to diet and exercise yes?
williamholt
Fit your body....!! live as young....
deanhills
I loved what my friend said the other day when I bumped into him on his daily jog.

"I'm going to die fit and healthy"! Laughing
Lishmares
I think the best things to do to always stay young are:

-Use your brain a lot, there's a lot of brain games out there do some sudoku or whatever the game, your brain must work sometimes or it will degrade faster and you will be senile in your old days.

-Always try to be aware of what young adults likes that way when you get old you're not gonna think that brown pants and shirts with wolf design are cool, if you know what i mean.

-Of course try to stay fit and do exercises regularly if you dont want to live your old days in hospitals..

-The last advice i have is have a healthy nutrition, dont eat fast food to often, avoid as much as possible salted products, red meat is bad too prefer fish, chicken, pork to beef.

I think that's about it.

Hope this helps...Ciao
fouadCh
vhinGARCIA wrote:
help me on How to stay young and fit?
Why ?!... Getting old and in "reasonably" good health is also COOL !.. :-) Just get used to this idea, because whatever you're trying to do.. your biology will ultimately have the upper-hand.. Unfortunately..
medesignz
It sort of reminds me of when people say "I'm gonna give my kids everything I didn't have.."

Of course, why not get old with dignity?
mshafiq
one apple per day keep you away from doctor
one lemon per day no fat
one tulsi leaf per day no cancer
one cup of milk per day no bone problem
three litre of water per day no diseases
medesignz
mshafiq wrote:
one apple per day keep you away from doctor
one lemon per day no fat
one tulsi leaf per day no cancer
one cup of milk per day no bone problem
three litre of water per day no diseases


That is a very strong claim... Can you back that up?
mshafiq
taking care of your self and having positive thinking for each and every one and eating each and every thing.
loveandormoney
vhinGARCIA wrote:
help me on How to stay young and fit?


First:
Kiss Your darling.
subhan1
Just Smile and wave boys :3
zaxacongrejo
Just drink moonshine everyday at the breakfast that will work Very Happy
Jenkins2
Good nutrition (eating in moderation), staying active (exercising at least 3 times per week), and a healthy mind (doing stress-relieving activities, doing what makes you happy, being around positive people, laughing/smiling, etc.)
Pande
abhizz wrote:
Reduce meat?? i cant..... Laughing


I thought the same thing recently. Then I was opened up into the wonderful world of Beans.

After about 2 weeks btw, the fartings stops. There are flora in your gut which at first have trouble with it, which is what causes the gas, then after a while of eating beans they get used to it.

With that aside, there are so many great beans. Moongi beans, lentils, chick peas, etc. All these make such great stews and soups and best of all, they have sometimes more protein than meat and a TON of other great things, plus low fat, plus a balanced cholestoral and an extremely good glycemic index.
jhon98
For the body fitness and to look young for long time, we should have excellent and clean fruit and mindset healthy eating plan and like vegetables in our everyday selection and should stop all that ready made meals that are not excellent for health. Balanced eating plan is must be in our everyday food selection. We should do daily workout and exercise also.
medesignz
jhon98 wrote:
For the body fitness and to look young for long time, we should have excellent and clean fruit and mindset healthy eating plan and like vegetables in our everyday selection and should stop all that ready made meals that are not excellent for health. Balanced eating plan is must be in our everyday food selection. We should do daily workout and exercise also.


Don't forget the calcium though
loveandormoney
Why do so many people like meat?
medesignz
loveandormoney wrote:
Why do so many people like meat?
Because its tasty with chips, hehe
rjraaz
Doing exercises, eating nutritious food etc. can help a person to keep himself fit and healthy not a Young. As per my opinion there is nothing that can keep a person Young.
medesignz
rjraaz wrote:
Doing exercises, eating nutritious food etc. can help a person to keep himself fit and healthy not a Young. As per my opinion there is nothing that can keep a person Young.
You're only as young as the woman you feel
andro_king
Eat healthy foods !
Exercise regularly, use suncreams !
loveandormoney
medesignz wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:
Why do so many people like meat?
Because its tasty with chips, hehe


What would You say
if I say: Tomatoes and pineapple are tasty
and meat does not taste well.

I like chips.
jajarvin
All you need is lots of sleep.
BigGeek
How to stay fit, healthy, and young. I say lift weights, and gain as much muscle mass as you can possibly gain in your lifetime, that way when you start to age and lose muscle mass (the inevitable outcome of aging) you have plenty to lose and can continue to build muscle mass into your 60's and 70's.

I suggest to acquaint yourself with bodybuilding and learn to lift weights. You will also need to balance this with a good diet that involves healthy food choices. Plus the recommendation to exercise daily is a great suggestion. I do not recommend lifting weights everyday, I actually only recommend working out each body part once per week, and then the rest of your exercise routine should be stretching, yoga, walking, bike riding, jogging, things like that.

You can enjoy a healthy fit strong body into your 50's and 60's by following these suggestions, and any one that wants to argue my suggestions keep in mind I am 53 years old, 6 feet tall weigh around 210 lbs. and have a 32 inch waist and 17 inch arms.

It works and I'm living proof!!!!
medesignz
BigGeek wrote:
How to stay fit, healthy, and young. I say lift weights, and gain as much muscle mass as you can possibly gain in your lifetime, that way when you start to age and lose muscle mass (the inevitable outcome of aging) you have plenty to lose and can continue to build muscle mass into your 60's and 70's.

I suggest to acquaint yourself with bodybuilding and learn to lift weights. You will also need to balance this with a good diet that involves healthy food choices. Plus the recommendation to exercise daily is a great suggestion. I do not recommend lifting weights everyday, I actually only recommend working out each body part once per week, and then the rest of your exercise routine should be stretching, yoga, walking, bike riding, jogging, things like that.

You can enjoy a healthy fit strong body into your 50's and 60's by following these suggestions, and any one that wants to argue my suggestions keep in mind I am 53 years old, 6 feet tall weigh around 210 lbs. and have a 32 inch waist and 17 inch arms.

It works and I'm living proof!!!!
I look forward to being in my 50s Smile
ZeytinGrafik
balanced diet and sports. Do cycling, walk whenever possible. Do not consume s**t like coca cola, potato chips etc. That would help a lot.
annielizstan
Hi,
I think
You can give you is that sleep, exercise, food and laughter are all medicinal. In the right doses these critical elixirs can keep you young.
medesignz
ZeytinGrafik wrote:
balanced diet and sports. Do cycling, walk whenever possible. Do not consume s**t like coca cola, potato chips etc. That would help a lot.
I think its good to binge, every now and again.
codegeek
I think drinking plenty of water and getting a good amount of sleep everyday are also important factors, in addition to a balanced diet and regular exercise.
medesignz
What about staying inside versus going outdoors? What are the pros. and cons.?
mshafiq
Always follow simple steps
Eat healthy and fresh food, do exercise regularly,Avoid bad habits like smoking
Always think positive
Try to have smile on your face.
Always try to eat in small portion.Always plane a head, this habit prevent you from stress.
When ever you feel hungry drink water.then your food.
people who regularly weigh themselves and keep track of their progress are more likely to lose weight.They are very serious in losing weight and prevent them self from lots of problems that come with weight
ethan_brown
Well best thing to do to Stay Fit
Stress Less : Pressure causes actual changes in the body that can speed up aging.
Not only does exercising help you shed weight, overall tone muscle tissue, develop better bone fragments, and increase feelings, it can also help you think clearly.
steeve
Always eat in small portion. Don't skip breakfast.
Do workout daily
Yoga is an effective way to stay healthy and fit.
Avoid fast food
Drink plenty of water.
Pippo90
If we live for long enough there should be the possibility to transfer our consciousness to machines, or at least become cyborgs. In this way, being young and fit shouldn't be a problem. We just need to make a large amount of money, so that we will be ready when the first prototypes will be available for the public Cool
CreativeVeganCooking
Avoid animal products (meat, dairy, etc.) and processed food (fast food, bleached flour, white rice, refined sugar, oil, etc.). Eat a balanced diet, including fruit, vegetables, grain, and nuts in their natural form. Avoid going to extremes, and eat all three macro nutrients (starches, protein, and fat) in a balanced combination in as natural a form as possible, as the body needs all of them.
Enjoy your food, relax, and be happy. Allow yourself a treat once in a while. I would not recommend counting calories, as that would make me stressed and unhappy, but if you can do it and still enjoy your food, do it. Practice self-control and listen to your body.
Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day, have an exercise schedule, get fresh air and sunshine daily, sleep at least 7 hours every night, and trust in God. Trusting God and being happy will make all the difference.
zimmer
Stay active, balance your diet and your life.

I have seen suggestion many simple suggestions and very nice.
Nyasro
Be Happy Smile
mshafiq
Always eat balance foot and have balance life style.You will always look like young and fit.and also feel your self young and fit
zimmer
vhinGARCIA wrote:
help me on How to stay young and fit?


Live active but there are may aspects how to achieved it.

this really depends on what your needs. Live simple and eat healthy foods also do an exercise are the best combination to stay healthy.
mshafiq
Always think positive and good diet
mshafiq
Healthy ways of life and good thinking and exercise
Related topics
The Average Age Here?
What would you do with your life if you can live forever ?
Immortality
Hi Everybunny!
F. Nietzsche
sms jokes
sms jokes
Kobe Bryant sucks
State your Political Philosophy! (1000 FRIH$ to the best!)
Macbeth Ebook
u know the twin story told by phsycians... can u explain it
Is it possible to live forever?
Bruce Willis
Have you started to feel old yet?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Health and Beauty

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.