FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Our newest staff member: Vanilla

Bondings
I have appointed a new staff member, Vanilla. It is mostly for the Portuguese forums as we didn't have (an active) moderator there. She is active in the English forums too, though.

A big welcome! Very Happy
Vanilla
Thank you, Bondings! I'm happy to be a mod. Very Happy
adri
WOOOOOOT! Congrats Vanilla Very Happy

Happy to see some changes on the Staff team. Smile

adri
standready
Congratulations Vanilla!
leandrow
Thanks, Bondings!

And congratulations, Vanilla!

Certainly an excellent choice, although she claims that don't have much time for that (liar!). lol Rolling Eyes
Ankhanu
Oooh, from what I've been reading over the months, this is long overdue!

Congratulations, Vanilla, and good luck cleaning up the Portugese forum!
IceCreamTruck
Woot! Vanilla! Good work!
cybersa
Congratulation Vanilla.
Good Work.
90dota
Laughing congratulations
loremar
Congrats Vanilla.
And besides the badge, I see you changed into the younger Keifer Sutherland avatar. Didn't almost recognize him though.
Aredon
Congrats! Good to see some new faces making staff.
Vanilla
Thanks everybody! I'll try to make a good work. Dancing

leandrow wrote:
Certainly an excellent choice, although she claims that don't have much time for that (liar!). lol Rolling Eyes

Oh, don't be mad at me, please. Very Happy

Ankhanu wrote:
Oooh, from what I've been reading over the months, this is long overdue!

Congratulations, Vanilla, and good luck cleaning up the Portugese forum!

Thank you! I already started to browse through the forum to see the things I need to fix...

loremar wrote:
Congrats Vanilla.
And besides the badge, I see you changed into the younger Keifer Sutherland avatar. Didn't almost recognize him though.

Man, you're good! I watched Stand by me 2 days ago and I fell in love with this movie. So I decided to change and made this avatar using a still from the movie. Very Happy
Marcuzzo
Hi Vanilla, congrats.
you changed your profile picture... is that Kiefer? Very Happy
Da Rossa
Congratulations Vanilla!!!
Thanks Bondings!
Vanilla
@Da Rossa
Thanks! I already made some clean up in the Portuguese forum. Lots of reports. Razz

Marcuzzo wrote:
Hi Vanilla, congrats.
you changed your profile picture... is that Kiefer? Very Happy

Yup, that's Kiefer Sutherland. Love him. Very Happy
Da Rossa
Where is that picture from? Young guns?
<– Keifer is the man!!
Vanilla
Da Rossa wrote:
Where is that picture from? Young guns?
<– Keifer is the man!!

Awesome! I never really paid attention to your avatar, this is the first time that I look at it and suddenly, Kiefer! Is that from 24? The still I use in my avatar is from "Stand by me". Very Happy
johans
around of applause.. Congratulations!

Finally you made it...

Looking forward to your work..
Asap170
I would like a large vanilla cone with rainbow sprinkles please!!!! Oh wait sorry didn't realize that it was you Vanilla! Congrats! You should be a great moderator and staff member!

If anyone hasn't noticed Bondings is fairly alive. Yay!
Ghost Rider103
Quote:
If anyone hasn't noticed Bondings is fairly alive. Yay!

Yes he has been fairly active lately. This is good for the forums. Very Happy

Congratulations again Vanilla. Smile
william
Congratulations Vanilla! A fantastic addition to the Frihost staff. I've been reading about the problems in the Portuguese forum for quite some time (I once went there under Google Translate to see if it really was that bad, and let's just say the problems were not the fault of the translator) so it certainly seems that this is a valuable change. Wink

Curiously, hasn't it been a long time since the last new staff member joined? I honestly tend to get the feeling that some of you are overworked considering many have retired and few have been added. But then again, you all do a pretty crackin' job, so perhaps all is well. Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
It wasn't that long ago that ocalhoun was added to the staff.

Before that it was me. Not sure who was before me. Maybe rvec? He's been away from frihost for sometime now though.
Da Rossa
Quote:
Awesome! I never really paid attention to your avatar, this is the first time that I look at it and suddenly, Kiefer! Is that from 24? The still I use in my avatar is from "Stand by me". Very Happy

Yes, it's from 24, my favourite show ever. The art is from a resouce FOX had in its page a while ago, in which you could take the characters and arange them Smile

Edit:

But it think I'm going off-topic Very Happy
loremar
Da Rossa wrote:
Quote:

Yes, it's from 24, my favourite show ever. The art is from a resouce FOX had in its page a while ago, in which you could take the characters and arange them Smile

Wow, didn't know I was looking at 24 the whole time when I see your avatar. Besides Bauer, I can only recognize the people in the bottom. I remember Chloey and the other guy in the left is also a computer analyst. The girl on the right is also a CTU agent? But I know she had some relationship with Jack. The other guy is I think the director of CTU, not sure.

Quote:
But it think I'm going off-topic

I don't think so. We are trying to break down the significance of the new staff member's new avatar. Also, I'm intrigued about the mystery of why they're all guys. I remember she had a muscled kung fu guy before. I really thought she was a 'tough' he with a delicate pinkish signature.
adri
Kiefer Sutherland now plays a nice role in the tv series Touch (channel: FOX) as a dad of a very smart boy. (The boy can see how everything in this world is connected) Dancing

Da Rossa
Quote:

Wow, didn't know I was looking at 24 the whole time when I see your avatar. Besides Bauer, I can only recognize the people in the bottom. I remember Chloey and the other guy in the left is also a computer analyst. The girl on the right is also a CTU agent? But I know she had some relationship with Jack. The other guy is I think the director of CTU, not sure.

Yes, she was his girlfirend, Audrey Raines. Not a CTU agent, she worked at the DoD.

Quote:
I don't think so. We are trying to break down the significance of the new staff member's new avatar. Also, I'm intrigued about the mystery of why they're all guys. I remember she had a muscled kung fu guy before. I really thought she was a 'tough' he with a delicate pinkish signature.

I agree, this is about Vanilla. Very Happy And I'm not gay but I think Jack Bauer is kinda thougher than Chuck Norris.

About Touch: is it good? Haven't got time to watch it yet.
Vanilla
loremar wrote:
Da Rossa wrote:
But it think I'm going off-topic

HAHAHA! This is beautiful! As I already stated, I don't think Vanilla is a very "manly" nickname. And you can see my sig is pretty girl-ish. So I'll tell you why they're always men. I feel "obligated" to use my own face on twitter and on Facebook. So when I choose my avatar in a forum I like to use pics of my favorite characters from movies/series/anime etc. Usually they're a) men and b) the villain.

I have used this avatar for the longest time here. It's Chong Li, the villain from Bloodsport. This movie is so cheesy and Chong Li is so evil/funny that I can't help but laugh every time I look at it.

Loki from Thor. As my life is full of chaos and mischief, I think this guy may has something to do with it. Also I'm very excited to see The Avengers!

I have also used a NiGHTS avatar (from the Sega Saturn game "NiGHTS into Dreams", my favorite game) and an Ozzy Osbourne (because he rocks!) one. The last one I'm using because I'm going through a very Kiefer Sutherland-ish phase. I have watched The Lost Boys, Stand by me (where I got the still for the avatar), Flatliners and Phone Booth in the last week. I'm using now a Lost Boys wallpaper. Very Happy

adri wrote:
Kiefer Sutherland now plays a nice role in the tv series Touch (channel: FOX) as a dad of a very smart boy. (The boy can see how everything in this world is connected) Dancing

Oh, I'm watching it too! I just saw the first episode, I'm gonna watch the second tonight. Looks promising. Wink
loremar
Vanilla wrote:
Usually they're a) men and b) the villain.

Oh I see. It's an anagram.

Vanilla - Villain. COOOOOOOL!!! Very Happy
Da Rossa
Omg, So Vanilla is the Villain?? Gosh!
Vanilla
loremar wrote:
Vanilla wrote:

Er... Vanilla - Vallain???Razz

Da Rossa wrote:

I'm NOT the villain. I'm a good girl, really. At least I try to be one. Lets just say that when I'm good I'm very good. But when I'm bad I'm better. Wink
Asap170
Vanilla wrote:
loremar wrote:
Vanilla wrote:

Er... Vanilla - Vallain???Razz

Da Rossa wrote:

I'm NOT the villain. I'm a good girl, really. At least I try to be one. Lets just say that when I'm good I'm very good. But when I'm bad I'm better. Wink

Oh come on I know you took something from another place and took a picture with it...
Da Rossa
I hope I never give you a motive to trigger your dark side then Razz
We can always be better and better. The limited side is the evil one.
abhizz
congratz vanilla, happy to hear you are a staff
deanhills
Congratulations Vanilla. Well done! Very happy to hear.

Da Rossa
Dean!!! What a long time! Nice picture by the way Very Happy
busaboss
Congratulations Vanilla! Great work! Smile
Cosmoslayer
Congrats, Vanilla! Your name makes me want to buy an ice cream on this hot weather! Very Happy
Vanilla
deanhills wrote:
Congratulations Vanilla. Well done! Very happy to hear.

Thank you Dean, this is so cute! Mr. Green

Cosmoslayer wrote:
Congrats, Vanilla! Your name makes me want to buy an ice cream on this hot weather! Very Happy

I would love to have some ice cream right now! But I fear the weather is not as good as in Philippines right now...