FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MASH remake

dcn1989
With classic movies and shows being remade these days I wanna discuss ideas for a possible of MASH showing off elements from both the original film and show. The film and show are separate and are not meant to be the same ties with the exception of names and war. But imagine if a remake did in fact tie the two together.
Radar
I don't think you could do a remake well enough to satisfy fans.

If nothing else, there are enough devoted fans to the series that not having Alan Alda would be like not having Don Adams for Get Smart. I say that knowing that they did remake Get Smart. Now, Steve Carrell did a good job at that, and thinking about it, I think he might be one of the only actors who could have done it justice. But he's still not Don Adams.

And if you're going to remake it, please keep it as a period piece. Don't remake it into today's context, because it won't work. There are aspects of the world that are just too different now. It wouldn't be the same show, by a long way.

I don't know. If you're going to remake something, I think it has to be because the technology will allow you to do something that the original couldn't. That's not the case with MASH.
mgeek
MASH is going to be a tough remake if they ever try it.