FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IQ test

Bikerman
I'm not a great believer in IQ tests but I came across a NASA test which is quite tough and couldn't resist having a go. I surprised myself but I won't say what I scored yet. If anyone wants a go then
http://www.wordofmouthexperiment.com/dedpyhto/tests/test/iq-test.htm
Asap170
Well this is embarrassing. I took it and I felt pretty confident to find out that I got:

Number of questions 20
Right Answers 5
Wrong Answers 15
Unmarked questions 0
Time elapsed 00:11:54
Date Wednesday, 11 April 112 - 21:58:25
MARK 5/20 - Average- you're in the 50% of the population

Your Type is: Precision Processor
Your IQ Score is: 149

I would like to see what you scored Bikerman!
hw3patch
Asap170 wrote:
Well this is embarrassing. I took it and I felt pretty confident to find out that I got:

Number of questions 20
Right Answers 5
Wrong Answers 15
Unmarked questions 0
Time elapsed 00:11:54
Date Wednesday, 11 April 112 - 21:58:25
MARK 5/20 - Average- you're in the 50% of the population

I would like to see what you scored Bikerman!

That's weird. It also gave me an IQ score of 149, but I got 11 questions right. It also told me that I was in the top 9% of the population. I took about 22 minutes to do it and my type was Precision Processor.

Perhaps Bikerman also got a 149.
Bikerman
14 correct and...149 IQ..something fishy here.

Did you click on the 'profile' button to get the full printout? Mine read
Quote:
General IQ Score

Your General IQ Score of 149 shows how able your mind is in general. Anyone with a General IQ Score this high is considered to be a genius. This score is better than 99.95% of all persons taking this test. All known occupations can be comprehended with a General IQ this high. You should be able to handle any academic challenges.

You scored higher than your General IQ Score in 6 individual ability categories. 3 of these better scores could be called statistically significant and may indicate special abilities, or that you were distracted on those parts of the IQ Test that counted more heavily in the other ability categories.
Arithmetic

Solving many of the IQ Test's problems required the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers mentally. Many mental tasks require arithmetical operations even though numbers may not be involved, and thus number manipulation abilities can strongly indicate general intelligence.

Your Arithmetic IQ score of 160 is exceptionally higher than your General IQ score. This score is better than greater than 99.99% of all persons taking this test.
Spatial Skill

Understanding what changes will occur when conditions vary is a deep and powerful ability of the mind. All invention and creativity of every sort is based upon this ability. Although test problems usually involve manipulation of objects in space, persons with a stronger ability to spatially manipulate can also be expected to use this ability to be able to better predict how social and psychological situations would change due to variation.

Your Spatial Skill IQ score of 164 is exceptionally higher than your General IQ score.This score is better than greater than 99.99% of all persons taking this test.
Logical

This is the ability to determine if a set of rules has been correctly followed. This ability is most useful in combination with other mental skills listed above. Those with strong logical ability are quicker to see where a given set of conditions is going to lead, have a strong sense of justice, and better understand--from an intellectual analysis--the benefits of harmony.

Your Logical IQ score of 160 is exceptionally higher than your General IQ score.This score is better than greater than 99.99% of all persons taking this test.
Spelling

The ability to spell can indicate general intelligence. Remembering a set sequence of letters indicates the mind's ability to retrieve remembered facts. Learning how to spell and use the words of a language is almost a complete IQ test in itself. Although poor spellers with high IQ scores can be found, it is rare, and in general--everything else being equal--the better spellers have higher IQ scores.

Your Spelling IQ score of 144 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.83% of all persons taking this test.
Short Term Memory

The ability to remember things for a short period of time allows the mind to check back and retrieve facts needed to complete a problem solving operation. This ability becomes more critical when problems have many aspects that need consideration and/or need to be solved mentally. This ability strongly determines how efficiently one handles the many aspects of normal life. If your short term memory ability is strong you are much less likely to seem inattentive or "slow to get it" to others.

Your Short Term Memory IQ score of 133 is significantly lower than your General IQ score.This score is better than 98.61% of all persons taking this test.
Rote Utilization

This is the ability to take a set of memorized facts and mentally extract and/or operate with or upon the facts within the set that are pertinent to the problem at hand. Persons with more of this ability can be expected to spell well, remember telephone and other numbers easily, be more adroit in procedural operations, and have a stronger foundation for tasks that require the use of memorized material.

Your Rote Utilization IQ score of 152 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.97% of all persons taking this test.
Algebraic

This is the ability of the mind to abstractly handle quantities and qualities. Persons who are strong in this ability can more quickly and more deeply understand analogies, stories, derivations, equalities, and hierarchical structures.

Your Algebraic IQ score of 144 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.83% of all persons taking this test.
General Knowledge

Knowledge that is casually picked up and remembered can indicate intelligence, because persons with higher intelligence will exhibit greater retention of those pieces of information that are encountered less often. Because higher intelligence allows a person to have a deeper appreciation of the connectivity of facts that may seem disparate to others of lesser intelligence, memory of such facts becomes easier.

Your General Knowledge IQ score of 152 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.97% of all persons taking this test.
Visual Apprehension

This is the ability of the mind to mentally picture visual information and to be able to extract portions of that information for separate use. A person whose visual apprehension is strong enjoys a richer, more creative appreciation of visual aspects of experiences.

Your Visual Apprehension IQ score of 146 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.89% of all persons taking this test.
Geometric

How well one can comprehend geometric relationships of lines, sides, planes, angles, and topological properties strongly determines one's ability to make sense of visual information. The strength of one's geometric ability can strongly determine how quickly knowledge can be absorbed if it is presented visually.

Your Geometric IQ score of 144 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.83% of all persons taking this test.
Vocabulary

Knowing the meaning of words is an ability that directly increases along with the increase of general intelligence. The meaning of a word is more easily remembered with higher intelligence, because it takes more intelligence to understand and correctly use words based upon the subtle differences between words with similar meanings and to comprehend difficult concepts which are sometimes symbolized by a single word.

Your Vocabulary IQ score of 144 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.83% of all persons taking this test.
Intuition

Intuition is defined as that ability of the mind to develop answers to questions without consciously dealing with the problem at hand. Often a question will provoke your mind to answer without using conscious processing time, and the answer is said to come "out of the blue" or "suddenly, it just struck me". Of all the many abilities of the mind, this is one of the most often used. Just knowing what to do is often an automatic process that occurs without much conscious figuring. Those with stronger intuition make less mistakes and can seem luckier, wiser, or more mature.

Your Intuition IQ score of 156 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.99% of all persons taking this test.
Computational Speed

If you can correctly solve a variety of problems faster than another person, you may be demonstrating a generally more orderly internal arrangement of your mind's problem solving methods. While speed cannot be the sole factor in determining overall superiority in one mental operations, in general faster computational speed will often indicate that a problem's comprehension was more complete. With everything else being equal, a person with faster computational speed than another person's will be better at tasks that require the synthesis of many bits of information.

Your Computational Speed IQ score of 138 is significantly lower than your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.44% of all persons taking this test.
Navigator
I won't do it unless I am having a great day LOL
loremar
Quote:
Number of questions 20
Right Answers 13
Wrong Answers 7
Unmarked questions 0
Time elapsed 00:40:00
Date Thursday, 12 April 112 - 13:12:49
MARK 13/20 - Very good- you're in the 5% of the population
Back to the test's first page PRINT | QUIT

You've got a very experiential way of learning and a strong mathematical mind. You're able to whittle even the most complex situation down to comprehensible component parts. In short, you have mastered the art and science of precision. That's what makes you a Precision Processor.

Your Complete Personal Intelligence Profile has been generated and can be accessed immediately.

You will receive a complete written explanation about how well you did in each of the test's 13 individual IQ scoring categories. Click here to access your Complete Personal Intelligence Profile for free.

Quote:
General IQ Score

Your General IQ Score of 149 shows how able your mind is in general. Anyone with a General IQ Score this high is considered to be a genius. This score is better than 99.95% of all persons taking this test. All known occupations can be comprehended with a General IQ this high. You should be able to handle any academic challenges.

You scored higher than your General IQ Score in 6 individual ability categories. 3 of these better scores could be called statistically significant and may indicate special abilities, or that you were distracted on those parts of the IQ Test that counted more heavily in the other ability categories.

Arithmetic

Solving many of the IQ Test's problems required the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers mentally. Many mental tasks require arithmetical operations even though numbers may not be involved, and thus number manipulation abilities can strongly indicate general intelligence.

Your Arithmetic IQ score of 160 is exceptionally higher than your General IQ score. This score is better than greater than 99.99% of all persons taking this test.

Spatial Skill

Understanding what changes will occur when conditions vary is a deep and powerful ability of the mind. All invention and creativity of every sort is based upon this ability. Although test problems usually involve manipulation of objects in space, persons with a stronger ability to spatially manipulate can also be expected to use this ability to be able to better predict how social and psychological situations would change due to variation.

Your Spatial Skill IQ score of 164 is exceptionally higher than your General IQ score.This score is better than greater than 99.99% of all persons taking this test.

Logical

This is the ability to determine if a set of rules has been correctly followed. This ability is most useful in combination with other mental skills listed above. Those with strong logical ability are quicker to see where a given set of conditions is going to lead, have a strong sense of justice, and better understand--from an intellectual analysis--the benefits of harmony.

Your Logical IQ score of 160 is exceptionally higher than your General IQ score.This score is better than greater than 99.99% of all persons taking this test.

Spelling

The ability to spell can indicate general intelligence. Remembering a set sequence of letters indicates the mind's ability to retrieve remembered facts. Learning how to spell and use the words of a language is almost a complete IQ test in itself. Although poor spellers with high IQ scores can be found, it is rare, and in general--everything else being equal--the better spellers have higher IQ scores.

Your Spelling IQ score of 144 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.83% of all persons taking this test.

Short Term Memory

The ability to remember things for a short period of time allows the mind to check back and retrieve facts needed to complete a problem solving operation. This ability becomes more critical when problems have many aspects that need consideration and/or need to be solved mentally. This ability strongly determines how efficiently one handles the many aspects of normal life. If your short term memory ability is strong you are much less likely to seem inattentive or "slow to get it" to others.

Your Short Term Memory IQ score of 133 is significantly lower than your General IQ score.This score is better than 98.61% of all persons taking this test.

Rote Utilization

This is the ability to take a set of memorized facts and mentally extract and/or operate with or upon the facts within the set that are pertinent to the problem at hand. Persons with more of this ability can be expected to spell well, remember telephone and other numbers easily, be more adroit in procedural operations, and have a stronger foundation for tasks that require the use of memorized material.

Your Rote Utilization IQ score of 152 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.97% of all persons taking this test.

Algebraic

This is the ability of the mind to abstractly handle quantities and qualities. Persons who are strong in this ability can more quickly and more deeply understand analogies, stories, derivations, equalities, and hierarchical structures.

Your Algebraic IQ score of 144 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.83% of all persons taking this test.

General Knowledge

Knowledge that is casually picked up and remembered can indicate intelligence, because persons with higher intelligence will exhibit greater retention of those pieces of information that are encountered less often. Because higher intelligence allows a person to have a deeper appreciation of the connectivity of facts that may seem disparate to others of lesser intelligence, memory of such facts becomes easier.

Your General Knowledge IQ score of 152 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.97% of all persons taking this test.

Visual Apprehension

This is the ability of the mind to mentally picture visual information and to be able to extract portions of that information for separate use. A person whose visual apprehension is strong enjoys a richer, more creative appreciation of visual aspects of experiences.

Your Visual Apprehension IQ score of 146 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.89% of all persons taking this test.

Geometric

How well one can comprehend geometric relationships of lines, sides, planes, angles, and topological properties strongly determines one's ability to make sense of visual information. The strength of one's geometric ability can strongly determine how quickly knowledge can be absorbed if it is presented visually.

Your Geometric IQ score of 144 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.83% of all persons taking this test.

Vocabulary

Knowing the meaning of words is an ability that directly increases along with the increase of general intelligence. The meaning of a word is more easily remembered with higher intelligence, because it takes more intelligence to understand and correctly use words based upon the subtle differences between words with similar meanings and to comprehend difficult concepts which are sometimes symbolized by a single word.

Your Vocabulary IQ score of 144 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.83% of all persons taking this test.

Intuition

Intuition is defined as that ability of the mind to develop answers to questions without consciously dealing with the problem at hand. Often a question will provoke your mind to answer without using conscious processing time, and the answer is said to come "out of the blue" or "suddenly, it just struck me". Of all the many abilities of the mind, this is one of the most often used. Just knowing what to do is often an automatic process that occurs without much conscious figuring. Those with stronger intuition make less mistakes and can seem luckier, wiser, or more mature.

Your Intuition IQ score of 156 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.99% of all persons taking this test.

Computational Speed

If you can correctly solve a variety of problems faster than another person, you may be demonstrating a generally more orderly internal arrangement of your mind's problem solving methods. While speed cannot be the sole factor in determining overall superiority in one mental operations, in general faster computational speed will often indicate that a problem's comprehension was more complete. With everything else being equal, a person with faster computational speed than another person's will be better at tasks that require the synthesis of many bits of information.

Your Computational Speed IQ score of 138 is significantly lower than your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.44% of all persons taking this test.
loremar
Haha. I like this IQ test. Everyone is genius! Very Happy

How did it even get a score for individual skills from a set of few questions?
spinout
there was a talkshow on the telly the other day where a bunch of clips of Obama appeared...

it was from his visits to other countries, and his speech to this country -> yes, the same phrases over and over!!!
One was: country X is our strongest allie!

This IQ test seem to have the same tactics Smile
spinout
I filled in 4 answers and got 3 correct!

The Obama tactics!
Cosmoslayer
LOL. Every score is 149 and even if you submit it without a answer. XD
Asap170
Maybe they forgot about that or the test isn't that true to your IQ.
Hello_World
I submitted 1 answer. Although I too got 149 as my IQ it did tell me that I only got:
"1/20 - Below average- you're in the 25% of the population"

Before then going on to say:

You've got a very experiential way of learning and a strong mathematical mind. You're able to whittle even the most complex situation down to comprehensible component parts. In short, you have mastered the art and science of precision. That's what makes you a Precision Processor.

I'm too tired to actually try tonight.

I do wonder why the author of this page has done this Smile
loremar
Quote:
I'm not a great believer in IQ tests but I came across a NASA test which is quite tough and couldn't resist having a go.

Bikerman's EPIC FAIL! hahaha
cybersa
I Answered 5 question.
And also 5 was correct Smile
sonam
I don't need a test. I am clever. Razz

Sonam
deanhills
Navigator wrote:
I'm with you on this too Navigator. Smile

sonam wrote:
I don't need a test. I am clever. Razz

Sonam
Well said! Most important first step for an IQ Test.
IceCreamTruck
loremar wrote:
Quote:
I'm not a great believer in IQ tests but I came across a NASA test which is quite tough and couldn't resist having a go.

No, no. Although things slipping past bikerman is a rare occurrence, there is no problem with his method here: He got a strange feeling from the test, and so he gave it to us to help him break it down.

I'm going to go ahead and tell you what my test IQ is without taking the test: 149
It will say that I am a precision processor, and I can tell you that I am not. Bikerman is a precision processor, building up from a foundation of fact, and often times using exact math to solve problems.

Although I share a fascination with math with many of you, I am not good at spelling at all. My test scores over my life have consistently shown that although I do well in written communications, general writing, and grammar, math is, however, my strong suit.

I have been tested to 163 IQ and honestly I knew something was fishy when bikerman said he was a 149... because he is not. I would put him in the 160 to 170 range pretty solid, and I'll even bet money on that because bikerman is one of our strongest reasoners on frihost.

There is no fault in Bikerman asking his peers to give their impression of the test.

I'm curious if anyone of our members is a active member of MENSA. Apparently my SAT scores qualify me, but I've never been involved with that group to understand any benefits. I have, however, heard lots of people poke fun at MENSA from time to time -- like all MENSA members are ego freaks. Honestly, I just want it on my resume, not to rub in people's faces.
loremar
Deanhills wrote:

Navigator wrote:
I'm with you on this too Navigator.

sonam wrote:
I don't need a test. I am clever.

Sonam
Well said! Most important first step for an IQ Test.

Nah. You people are just afraid of killing some brain cells.
I got 13 correct answers and that just made my day.
And also the fact that the test thinks you are genius no matter how much you score is absolutely brilliant! Very Happy
loremar
IceCreamTruck wrote:
loremar wrote:
Quote:

No, no. Although things slipping past bikerman is a rare occurrence, there is no problem with his method here: He got a strange feeling from the test, and so he gave it to us to help him break it down.

I'm going to go ahead and tell you what my test IQ is without taking the test: 149
It will say that I am a precision processor, and I can tell you that I am not. Bikerman is a precision processor, building up from a foundation of fact, and often times using exact math to solve problems.

Although I share a fascination with math with many of you, I am not good at spelling at all. My test scores over my life have consistently shown that although I do well in written communications, general writing, and grammar, math is, however, my strong suit.

I have been tested to 163 IQ and honestly I knew something was fishy when bikerman said he was a 149... because he is not. I would put him in the 160 to 170 range pretty solid, and I'll even bet money on that because bikerman is one of our strongest reasoners on frihost.

There is no fault in Bikerman asking his peers to give their impression of the test.

I'm curious if anyone of our members is a active member of MENSA. Apparently my SAT scores qualify me, but I've never been involved with that group to understand any benefits. I have, however, heard lots of people poke fun at MENSA from time to time -- like all MENSA members are ego freaks. Honestly, I just want it on my resume, not to rub in people's faces.

I dunno. Saying it's NASA test and then the test acted very weirdly funny is kinda funny I think. Confused
What's even funnier is it's not even tough to get a 149 IQ.

Well, I know I'm not 149. Probably average at 110. And you'd noticed that I used up all 40 minutes just to get 13 correct answers.
IceCreamTruck
I doubt you are 110, haha! 100 is pretty thick. Most college grads score between 115 and 125.
sonam
Quote:

Ego is ego. I know peoples what is not in MENSA and they are ego freaks. I know peoples what is in MENSA and they are living in silence and peaceful. IQ is not in correlation with ego. By the way MENSA is testing only one part of mind, not all aspects. Some of MENSA members are totally asocial and they are afraid from a life. High IQ is not guaranty for anything if we are not invest in our learning and take forward.

Quote:
Nah. You people are just afraid of killing some brain cells.

Maybe, maybe not. First I don't understand enough English for this test, second I did MENSA test before lot of yeas and Wink

Sonam
IceCreamTruck
sonam wrote:
First I don't understand enough English for this test

Shenanigans. I'm not saying that it would not a be a problem in some areas, but you should do fine if the test were any good, which I think it was discovered that it's not very good. A good moral booster, but otherwise a waste of time.

I love taking tests. Especially tests that I have not prepared for in any way. I'm much more comfortable with no expectations. Large, generalized, standardized tests are a total blast. People only seem to notice when the test beats itself and them, ie. a spelling mistake actually makes the question harder, or simply bogus math as the result of a small infraction early in the equations, but no one ever really seems to notice that a good majority of testing defeats itself and you just need to look for it. Testing is like poker and as long as you continue to give yourself the best odds, and keep good confidence then you should see good wins.

For instance: Are you moving too slowly to complete the test. Gauge the risk of answering questions quickly verses taking your time to check over each one. It's actually better to go back after you've answered all questions then it is to hang around on one question for a long time because this can mean you risk not finishing, and you rush the last few answers really bad, or worse just fill in random dots without looking at questions if it's multiple choice. A pitfall to moving too quickly are the "follow instructions" type questions that sneak in a final statement of "if you read this then skip answering this question" or something similar because you can skim right over stuff like that especially if you think you already know the answer or can approximate that only one of the available answers is logical.

Not all tests are multiple choice, but almost every test has multiple choice. This is a wonderful thing. Get quick at reading the question and then testing each answer against the question. If you are trying to figure out the answer on multiple choice, then you are doing it wrong!!! The answers is right in front of you.

I'm not very good at German, but I'd do surprisingly well on any multiple choice test they through at me because I will do what I always do: give myself good odds of doing well.
Bikerman
Hey mea-culpa,
I guess that I've just illustrated why peer-review is so important Smile

I do tend to think, from the questions, that the test is a genuine one. I guess that the author has extracted the questions and then made a lash-up of actually implementing the test.....
Asap170
So I decided to take this again and during the day when I am awake and not somewhat sleep...

8/20 - Above average- you're in the 10% of the population

This test is so not real.
IceCreamTruck
Hey, I don't feel you've made any mistakes. The end result may have been little silly, but I've enjoyed the conversation and there was nothing wrong with your method. I didn't take the test, or even look at the test, but just read everyone's comments, and I was confused when the second person report 149 IQ. The conversation became infinitely more interesting then the test at that point.

To me awareness marks intelligence, not your ability to calculate. You have a strong ability to calculate, Bikerman, and this is illustrated beautifully in your topics and replies, but I think one of your biggest gifts is the ability to communicate completed information so that people can understand. To me this suggests that you are aware of a lot of different things that others aren't always aware of: yourself, the topic, other people, your perspective, their perspective, and the impact of the topic however big or small. The fact that your taking time to test yourself and are curious about testing how much you understand in an introspective quest suggests that you are even aware of your limits, and actually stand a better change than most anyone of breaking through them and surprising even yourself means that not only are you smart but you give yourself good odds of being bigger than yourself.

That's why I put you up above 160. This is the area that is really speculative in the IQ test. You can't really answer the question how smart is someone because we are all so different. You can use the IQ test to figure out what someone is not, but you can't really use it to conclusively label someone. I would say it's not a stretch that most of your friends think you are really smart, and even those in leadership above you are threatened by your understanding, and your ability to consistently challenge anyone with confidence.

I think smart people gravitate towards these tests because they question themselves a lot because with intelligence comes the understanding of how helpless we are. We also question why no one would listen to the things that we've figured out because it's important, but they don't seem to have the same values we do.

I assure you Bikerman, ignorance is bliss. Sorry about your luck but you're just too smart to really ever be happy! Smile Keep up the good work, my friend!
spinout
IN THE 70S I was a bit interested in similar tests... At the age 8 I was above 130 -> some tests I did because I felt interested.

My son was evaluated at age 5 with an IQ above 130 by our state. He got a problem....
His mom have a high IQ, at genious level at 5... This evolved in asperger genes... and there is a kid brother also with diagnose autism...

well yesterday my kid, oldest, drew beautiful pencil sketsches, very beautiful indeed but his hearing interpretations isn't that good even if the psychosocial tests say he understands OK.

IQ tests in traditional ways is for me a test of bad genes. Got 2 much above the normal get a dumb blond for partner Smile to match up you bad genes!
loremar
spinout wrote:
IN THE 70S I was a bit interested in similar tests... At the age 8 I was above 130 -> some tests I did because I felt interested.

My son was evaluated at age 5 with an IQ above 130 by our state. He got a problem....
His mom have a high IQ, at genious level at 5... This evolved in asperger genes... and there is a kid brother also with diagnose autism...

well yesterday my kid, oldest, drew beautiful pencil sketsches, very beautiful indeed but his hearing interpretations isn't that good even if the psychosocial tests say he understands OK.

IQ tests in traditional ways is for me a test of bad genes. Got 2 much above the normal get a dumb blond for partner Smile to match up you bad genes!

I can't seem to disagree with what you said. Our youngest brother has autism. My other brother and I did better than most students in school. Both of us are socially inept. Although I'm only slightly above average, my brother certainly has a high IQ.

The current Philippine president also has a sister whose son has autism. Is it just a coincidence or is there really a connection?
spinout
which population has the greatest cases of authism?????

People from silicon valley! This is actually truth!

Ok so hm... for example Einstien had Aspergers! It is true but also had som benefits of course in evolution theories, but still unfittable person in a relationship or not social adaptabel person so to speech...
Vanilla
loremar wrote:
The current Philippine president also has a sister whose son has autism. Is it just a coincidence or is there really a connection?

I think the connection exists. It's like intelligence is compensating for the lack of social skills. I think these things are somehow balanced in our lives. The genius are the lonely ones. Razz

BTW, I got 14 correct answers out of 20, but I don't believe in IQ tests. I use to take tests in college and I always got very high scores (like above 160). I'm no genius because if I was, I would be filthy rich by now. Confused
spinout
To be filthy rich,,, on telly yesterday was a show about those - > no one seemed to be too logical intelligent - everyone seemed to have the talent of social behaviour, one way or the other.

Today IQ is not just the logical part, infact just one part of 12 or more.

Speeking for myself; i have mediokre social (or less) skills but high showmanship skills. logical iq a bit above normal, hm EQ also below mediokre. physical IQ hm not that good, bad timing. Musical IQ fairly high but bad ears Smile
It is survival of the fittest, not strongest or any other skill Smile
Syryus
Quote:
Number of questions 20
Right Answers 13
Wrong Answers 7
Unmarked questions 0
Time elapsed 00:17:12
Date Saturday, 12 May 112 - 13:34:54
MARK 13/20 - Very good- you're in the 5% of the population

I got bored to think about them longer..
spinout
all is of interest. If i had interest in such tests I would score quite high. But I am more into other stuff... Taking care of too intelligent kids! or handicapped actually.
HVLGruppen
I got 110. What a wonderful result.