FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

High Blood Pressure

therimalaya
I'm having problem with high blood pressure from fifteen days. Today my pressure is 130/98. From last 15 days my D-pressure is always above 90. I was not so. I always had normal pressure of 120/80.
May be due to some stress that i am not being able to find out.

I'm experiencing restlessness and a mild head ace as well. I'm not able to concentrate in anything at all. Different thoughts appear in the mind simultaneously.

Please help me to reduce the blood pressure without the medication. Are there any ways. I started to do Yoga and different Cardio exercise from yesterday. In how many days will it show its effect?
rodexa
You can request a consultation with a doctor. This can have several causes and it is important to know why your blood pressure is too high. But that's my opinion. Success!
menino
I've heard that oats (oatmeal) helps to regulate blood pressure.
Have it in the morning for breakfast. Don't take it with sugar. Try to add honey instead for sweetness.

Also I've heard that ladyfingers (bheendi) also helps as well.

I guess you will need to lessen / eliminate your intake of salt as well.

But you will need to do this while taking your medication, if you've already consulted a doctor.
After your BP is normalized, use the above, as well as your exercises, to maintain yoru BP levels to normal.
mshafiq
My mom high blood has high blood pressure.She use garlic clove daily with her dinner.Garlic helps her.Garlic help in reducing blood pressure.
some other activities also help in lowering blood pressure without medication
Like Lose extra weight.
Blood pressure often increases as weight increases. Losing weight can help reduce your blood pressure. In general, the more weight you lose, the lower your blood pressure.
If we do regular exercise daily at least 30 to 40minutes most days of the week can help lower your blood pressure.
Eat a healthy food like whole grain food vegetables salad fruits etc also helpIt isn't easy to change your eating habits, but with these tips, you can adopt a healthy diet:
Reduce sodium in food also help in reducing blood pressure.
Read nutrition labels. Almost all packaged foods contain sodium. Every time you prepare or eat a packaged food, know how much sodium is in one serving.
Use spices and herbs instead of salt to season the food you prepare at home.
Reduce the amount of alcohol you drink.
chatrack
Hi,

I first recommencement to consult a physician and took his advice.

These may be his suggestions!

1. If you have excess weight (check with body weight - height ratio), reduce it in all means.
sure it will decrease BP

2. If you are a regular common salt user, reduce or avoid food contains salt.

3. Regular exercise, walking for 1/2 hour , or doing some thing until you sweat, daily

4. Try not to keep awake at deep night. Go to bed early at night and get good sleep time.

Reff: my experience
abhizz
Reduce the salt usage and try to do a chat with doctor
HiraFahad
Water is also good as a cure of many diseases.
But you should take around 4 glass of water in the morning 30min-45mins before taking breakfast.
It will keep normal the levels of salt and sugar in your blood.
This is why it is also good to control your diabetes. but the quantity of glass is 6 for the cure of diabetes as well as constipation.
I read an article on its usefulness many years ago. I tried it on my self and advised it to many people and they got benefit from it.
The main advantage is that many natural ways to low down the BP are not good in other conditions like diabetes, hepatitis, jaundice, cancer, and many other. But water is the only solution which can at the same time benefit in all other problems Smile
therimalaya
Thank you all for being so concern and helpful. I've tried many thing you all have suggested above and they really helped me Thank you very much for your kind suggestions.
Colin
High blood pressure is very dangerous for health. It should be treated carefully otherwise it can cause serious problems such as heart attack, brain problems. You should do some exercise specially yoga for controlling your high blood pressure. Use garlic, green vegetables, fresh fruits and more water for lowering the blood pressure.
SonLight
therimalaya, the numbers you quote are matters for concern, but not immediately dangerous. I would suggest you get a blood pressure monitor and test it regularly. If you ever see over 105 for the lower number, it's time to consult a doctor quickly. In any case, I think it would be wise to talk to a doctor at your convenience, although if the lower number remains consistently below 95 and is often below 90 you might not need to.

You are fortunate that you get headaches when your blood pressure is high. Some people have no symptoms whatsoever. I would not depend on the headaches as a warning signal though. You should probably test your BP occasionally even if it returns to your normal range. Most of us do tend to get higher BP as we get older, and eventually many of us need to take medication for it.

There is some possibility that the high BP is a symptom of something more dangerous than the high BP itself. If in any doubt, it would be wise to seek medical advice. Remember that none of us here are doctors, so we're either just guessing or speaking from our experience, which might be very different from yours.
deanhills
therimalaya wrote:
I'm having problem with high blood pressure from fifteen days. Today my pressure is 130/98. From last 15 days my D-pressure is always above 90. I was not so. I always had normal pressure of 120/80.
May be due to some stress that i am not being able to find out.

I'm experiencing restlessness and a mild head ace as well. I'm not able to concentrate in anything at all. Different thoughts appear in the mind simultaneously.

Please help me to reduce the blood pressure without the medication. Are there any ways. I started to do Yoga and different Cardio exercise from yesterday. In how many days will it show its effect?
Better see a doctor, particularly if this has happened only recently to you.
Gregoric
As many already said, you shouldn't eat any salt if you don't have to. But that's because you should not eat sodium - salt consists of it - so if you know that some product has tons of sodium, put it away.

What is you height? My pressure is also about 130/80 but doctor told me it is okay, because I am 1.82 meter high. Of course, I don't like that my pressure had increased since I was smaller and younger either and I've stopped eating or drinking anything that could have any influence on my blood pressure. Well, at least some of them - I drink tea sometimes but not too strong.

Maybe try some easy sport like running or biking - doing such will help, even if not immediately.