FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dubai

linux1993
Dubai is a very amazing country about almost every fashional things
menino
Dubai is great. It has multi-culture environment, and mutual respect among all nationalities.
Highly diverse, and you don't really get bored there.
Lots to see and experience as well.
matrixuk321
menino wrote:

you don't really get bored there.

I disagree with that because if you live there for many years you will get bored, there isn't that much to do. It was fun for the few months while I was there though, despite the heat.
menino
matrixuk321 wrote:
menino wrote:

you don't really get bored there.

I disagree with that because if you live there for many years you will get bored, there isn't that much to do. It was fun for the few months while I was there though, despite the heat.

Well, maybe to some people, but there is always something to do in Dubai. Dubai has so many activities and a lot of them are free, that include the public malls, so you don't really get bored.
The people who do get bored, are the people who go there to save money primarily.
But even when travelling back to home from work, they will definitely get a taste of the lifestyle.
Most people I know who don't go out most of the time, do so at least once a month.
They do love Dubai.

Anyways, my words were "you DONT REALLY get bored there!".
There are exceptions of course.... none that I met.
pll
Dubai seems really great from the images I've seen.

I wanna go there someday, when my studies are done. But I can't understand how this city developped so fast and also why are people having so much money there ? Cool
fuzzkaizer
i just know this town from images and reports about crazy phantastic gigantomanic architecture. looks surely interesting. of course life is always funnier for people who can spend some money. others spend their life on risky building sites and don't get nothing for it but a penny and a broken back... They say there come a lot of workers from india to work in dubai - is it true? How do the workers at the building-sites in dubai live? Is it a good way to make money? Like, for example it is said about the work on some oil-platforms in the atlantic, underwater-welder, etc.?
futurcat
Only drink at international bars. No alcohol in other places.
deanhills
Dubai is not a country. It's a large city in the United Arab Emirates and commercial hub of the country.

It is worth visiting definitely. Just don't visit it during Ramadan time. It may look attractive because hotel rates are low, but there is no food in sight from sunset to sundown. Since Ramadan will be starting around 23 July this year it is going to be particularly harsh to go without water when one is out and about. Drinking water in public is not allowed. Nor is smoking. Most of the hotels have special areas where guests can have meals during fasting time, but it does feel uncomfortable.

Best time to visit Dubai is during the local "Winter" from November through to March. February is a great month as usually there are lots of sales as well.

Highlights to plan for are desert outings, Khalifa Tower, Wild Wadi, Dubai Mall and perhaps a dinner in a boat on the Creek.