FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Essential vampire movies!

Vanilla
I'm a big fan of vampire movies and I saw two this weekend that got me thinking "How the hell I didn't watch this before??". I know that I haven't watched all the classics (Nosferatu being the perfect example here), but I've seen quite a bunch of good AND bad vampire movies. So, which vampire movie would you recommend? Which ones do you think are essential? I'm looking forward to the suggestions. Very Happy

P.S.: I'm not into Twilight.
P.P.S.: I'm not into Underworld either.
silverdown
I usually watch vampire, where wolf, zombie movies if the cover seems interesting. I only watched Resident Evil cuz i had the Playstation Original Games and I enjoyed those.
portoskt
i dont like vampires in movies, or books at all ... i cant see what is so interesting about
Radar
I don't know about vampire movies, but I do feel like anyone who has a significant opinion about vampires ought to consider reading 'Dracula'. It's interesting to compare where the vampire genre once was, and to get some perspective on matters.
welshsteve
Lost Boys has to be the ultimate vampire movie Smile An absolute classic.
Blummer
Watched so many of them, still love Interview with Vampire. Very Happy
loremar
I recommend The Twins Effect. I don't actually remember if I watched this movie. I scrolled into a list of vampire movies to see what I remember watching and what I might recommend but I don't remember any. Except I remember watching The Twins Effect but I don't remember it as a vampire movie. I then found out that I actually watched the second movie but it has no vampires in it. It was a cool movie because part of it featured Jackie Chan as a kick-ass Guardian and there's a part where men turned into women which is funny and unique since I've never seen like that in movies. I think the first movie is great. I watched some clips and the characters are the same except for the story and setting. Jackie Chan is also in it too. I think it's really great. What's more cooler than a movie with both martial arts and vampires in it?.... But then again I thought you like the more classic hideous looking vampires. Smile
And if you plan to watch Twins Effect. You might want English subbed or dubbed. Good luck with that.
darthrevan
My favorite vampire material comes from Anne rice, her vampires are more realistic in some sense. A couple of movies based on her books are "Interview with a vampire" and "Queen of dammed". Both of them ESP queen is definitely different than the books. Lestat become the most powerful vampire and nothing can kill him. People try to say Edward from twilight could beat him lol which is so funny because there is no way. Lestat can fly and burn things with his mind. So how does a sparkling vampire beat a vampire like Lestat?
Vanilla
loremar wrote:
I recommend The Twins Effect. I don't actually remember if I watched this movie. I scrolled into a list of vampire movies to see what I remember watching and what I might recommend but I don't remember any. Except I remember watching The Twins Effect but I don't remember it as a vampire movie. I then found out that I actually watched the second movie but it has no vampires in it. It was a cool movie because part of it featured Jackie Chan as a kick-ass Guardian and there's a part where men turned into women which is funny and unique since I've never seen like that in movies. I think the first movie is great. I watched some clips and the characters are the same except for the story and setting. Jackie Chan is also in it too. I think it's really great. What's more cooler than a movie with both martial arts and vampires in it?.... But then again I thought you like the more classic hideous looking vampires. Smile
And if you plan to watch Twins Effect. You might want English subbed or dubbed. Good luck with that.

How come I didn't see your post before? Vampires AND Jackie Chan?? Count me in, Sir! Just tell me, is this the movie you're talking about? If it yes, I'll download it. Very Happy

darthrevan wrote:
My favorite vampire material comes from Anne rice, her vampires are more realistic in some sense. A couple of movies based on her books are "Interview with a vampire" and "Queen of dammed". Both of them ESP queen is definitely different than the books. Lestat become the most powerful vampire and nothing can kill him. People try to say Edward from twilight could beat him lol which is so funny because there is no way. Lestat can fly and burn things with his mind. So how does a sparkling vampire beat a vampire like Lestat?

Lestat is that cool. I really love the QotD version, he looks so very sexy. Also I really liked Aaliyah, so sad what happened to her. Sad
darthrevan
Quote:

Lestat is that cool. I really love the QotD version, he looks so very sexy. Also I really liked Aaliyah, so sad what happened to her. Sad

I didn't like Alyiah that much, well maybe she was alright, but what I didn't like about her was that she didn't want Korn to play their music. I don't think that is right, it isn't her movie.