You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

S3nd K3ys what happens when preparedness and life's events cross paths.

Disaster is what happens when unpreparedness and life's events cross paths.
The only sure thing about luck is that it will change. ~Wilson Mizner

Luck: when your burst of energy doesn't run afoul of someone else's. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966
Luck is what you have left over after you give 100 percent. ~Langston Coleman
of all them I think the last is the most accurate. I mean "luck" isn't something you can depend on, its just the luck of the draw. Some times you get the short end of the stick, its just the way life is. If you wanna change it, then change the rules Razz

P.S. Quotes don't count for $frihost right? (I just don't want to make it seem like I'm replying to get points; its more that I am bored, don't want to do my hw, and a bit of a spur of the moment thing...)

Also I want to add I did this extra credit poster thing, and the quote I used was
The pursuit of happiness is a most ridiculous phrase: If you pursue happiness you'll never find it. ~C.P. Snow
(haha the part b4 the colon is funny if you read it by itself.)
Heh I don't believe in luck. Time will tell what will happen.
yes there is no luck. it's just a positive coincident stuff. god already makes our destiny and you just have to struggle for a good life.
The only kinda luck i believe in is bad luck... and im the perfect example of that.
I think there is no luck.
That just for the one who have preparedness when the life's events cross paths., they can catch the chance, so they become luck.
But the one unprepared, that not so luck for them. the chance just path, they dont know.
Our experts would tell me what happened about the nature disaster.I don't believe luck!
even if one gives 100% effort, some times wat's planned ay fail. here's whre luck comes into matter. yeah i do believe in luck.
u need luck but if u have luck and you're not doing anything it wouldn't help.
I don't believe in luck. eveything need we to do
so we need hard to do everything !
There is no such thing as luck. We are all responsible for our own actions. Our own thoughts and experiences dictate how well we do something. If, by coincidence, something positive goes our way, without being as a direct-result of our intentions, then good, but there's no luck fairy chasing some of us around with a luck-wand! Smile
no luck i think...
"the only thing you can ever be truely certain of is a complete lack of true certainty." ~me

luck is outside events affecting your inside agenda. You can predict what you will do/what will happen to you tomorrow, but you can't be sure, and you can't know about something outside your scope, like a car crash etc. Luck, good or bad, is something unexpected due to not knowing all the factors leading up to it.

somehow, i usually get into school on time, despite leaving 30 minutes after my normal time, a bus will suddenly come, then get me to school in record time. It's pure luck, because i didn't look up a timetable and expect the bus, but it still came.
I think that people can be lucky-
But I do not believe in lucky charms etc...
If you have any extra I could sure use it. I seem to get lucky then unlucky regarding the same subject w/in 24-48hrs ALWAYS.
i think we make our own luck (good or bad)
mceejaydee wrote:
Time will tell what will happen.

time doesn't know jack... time is a measurement like inches

luck is a misnomer that describes a condition attributed to unknown causes
if it weren't for luck, I wouldn't have much of anything. Always been lucky. every job I've ever had has fallen in my lap at the exact moment I needed a job, every single time it looks like my life might be going downhill something happens that turns it all around. Luck is a wonderful thing.
Luck, charms, superstitions, magic, they're all false beliefs and rediculous.

But this isn't a post about reason so hey, let's celebrate I love it when I strike it lucky, when I'm charmed by my true love, when people play magic tricks.
It's bad luck to talk about bad luck. is this bad luck?