FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Almond Milk

rogue_skydragon
Is it good for your health? Is it preferable to regular milk?
lovescience
I enjoy having a glass of almond milk before an hour or two to go to bed at night.

I feel it helps to get me a good sleep.
menino
almonds have their own nutrition and milk as well has its own nutrition. Combine them and you get better nutrition.
Try having it with honey, instead of sugar.
mshafiq
I also like almond milk because it has lots of health benefits too like
eye health.
The Vitamin A found in almond milk helps keep our eyes functioning properly. Vitamin A directly influences the eye’s ability to adjust to differences in light.
it also good for Bone Health
GuidanceReader
Depends on how it's made and what's been added to it. I make almond milk myself, with no sugars. Not as tasty (especially on it's own) but much better for you than cow's milk.
silasabrown
Almond milk is so good for the health. I like it so much it have many benefits like it increase the Muscle Power and it is the best for the skin care, it make your bones healthy and it is good for weight loss so almonds milk is the best for the health.
MikeHeath
I never had almond milk but i use coconut milk occasionally. It is beneficial and almond milk may be to. But each milk got there type of uses and results.
rogue_skydragon
Hmmm, coconut milk...i've never really considered it, but I think I just might now. Thanks!
nadalia
Almond milk is my favorite milk substitute! I prefer it over rice milk, soy milk, and coconut milk. I prefer unsweetened, since it's lower in calories. I love that it doesn't make me feel gross and mucusy afterwards, like milk used to make me feel.
bluepig83
Coconut milk is actually quite fatty and relatively high in cholesterol. I have heard almond milk is healthy, but you may be missing out on a source of calcium from dropping regular milk. But then there's always cheeses and other ways to get your calcium.
Davidryan
Well Almond milk is great addition in our drinks which have number of health benefits. It is considered the nutritious drink because of more vitamins, calcium and iron. Moreover, it is also useful for people with overweight. Furthermore, most People like it because of nutrients and good taste as well.
johannespilz
i tried it and i like the taste. because i got tested lactoce intolerant i switched to soya and alternative milk products. u really get used to the taste. that much that i dont wanna drink regular milk anymore.
i think its way healthier. lets face it, why should humans drink ,milk from a cow? Very Happy
darthrevan
I haven't tried almond but I have tried a chocolate soy milk and it was good. I hardly drink soy milk products.
mshafiq
one time i bought this almond milk i like it,it taste is good and it is good for health. try it you will also like it.
mshafiq
i like to drink almond milk.Before i used to buy but now what i am doing daily.
i am soaking some almond in the night and in the morning or when ever i want to drink i remove the skin of almond and grind them with milk and put some suger if i want and it is so tasty.
mshafiq
I preferred to drink almond milk instead of dairy milk.i love the taste and it has very healthy nutritional components.Almond milk contains more nutrients than other dairy milk.
Plain almond milk without added sugars is good to maintain weight because it has low calories. There is no cholesterol and low in sodium helps us to maintain heart health.It is good for our bones for eyes health and skin and we get more muscle power.
I also heard that almond milk is an excellent alternative for people with milk allergies.
Almond milk is better than soy milk.
developeraaps
Plain almond milk without added sugars or flavoring contains 60 calories per each 8 oz serving size. This option works well for people looking to lose or maintain weight. The low caloric content of almond milk causes less of an impact on our totally daily consumption of food calories. Some milk varieties contain more sugars than the cereal that they get combined with. Almond milk contains no cholesterol and only 5 mg of sodium per serving. Consuming foods low in sodium and cholesterol help us to maintain better heart health and normal blood pressure. Without cholesterol, almond milk also decreases our chances of gaining bad cholesterol levels, all while increasing the good cholesterol levels. Almond milk also contains 150 mg of potassium in every serving. This mineral works to promote healthy blood pressure.
Queiros
I preferred to drink almond milk instead of dairy milk.i love the taste and it has very healthy nutritional components.Almond milk contains more nutrients than other dairy milk.
Plain almond milk without added sugars is good to maintain weight because it has low calories. There is no cholesterol and low in sodium helps us to maintain heart health.It is good for our bones for eyes health and skin and we get more muscle power.
I also heard that almond milk is an excellent alternative for people with milk allergies.
Almond milk is better than soy milk.

Laughing
mshafiq
I love almond milk because it has less calories.Almond milk taste is better than cow milk.I do not like cow milk taste. So almond milk is better choice for me. I am allergic to cow milk. i can not drink plain cow milk.I do not like the taste and i also feel that as it has less calories so i am not worried about weight increase.As there is no fat in this so i am safe from lot of diseases related to fat increase in body.