FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


What are the hours in a day that you like to work?





lovescience
What are the hours in a day that are the best hours for you to work?
IceCreamTruck
I like to work from about 6/7am to about 3pm, but then I always want a nap. If I am asleep at work on accident it's always 3 or 3:30pm. I usually never work around dinner time, but before and after is not strange.
cybersa
If i like,i will work in that hour.
But i mostly work on Morning hour.
busaboss
For me, I don't have any specific hour that I would like to work. When I feel that I'm pumped up, then that is the time that I'll start to write. I usually do some research when I am not writing. However, I find it best to work in the afternoon than in the morning.
menino
I like to work in the morning itself from 8:00am to about 12:00'ish, which I feel that I can do my best work.
After that I feel that I have to struggle to get through the rest of the day, even after eating lunch.

I guess different people have their different times for working their best. A lot of people I know are not morning people, but start off in the afternoon, and some others in the evenings / nights.
Vanilla
It's funny you don't have a specific word for these hours. I like to work between 1 AM till 5 AM. Why? Because it's quiet! People just don't know how noisy they can be and how it bothers me. When I'm at home, my mom is always listening to the radio and singing. My little brother is playing computer games and swearing at the PC. So yeah, I need 'em both asleep if I need to get something done. Rolling Eyes
IceCreamTruck
Vanilla wrote:
I need to get something done. Rolling Eyes


You could invest in some noise cancelling headphones. This might actually make them realize that they are loud too, because every time you sit down to concentrate you put on the big headphones... they will also know not to bother you during that time -- FYI. Check out Bose. If you get the right pair, then you can still actually hear everything around you... even a whisper, but you can set the noise level at which you don't hear the noise. They are great... someone can whisper next to you and you hear it great, and then someone fires a gun and you don't hear it. Pretty neat.

I have moments luckily. Sometimes I can't stand the noise, and other times it doesn't bother me. Just depends on how frustrated I am actually. If deadlines are close and I'm frustrated then I'm not very appreciative of being interrupted, and I can be a little mean, but normally I don't respond irrationally to what the person or kitten expects of me. Mostly it's my kitten who sometimes comes to me and finds me not in the mood to deal with her attention hording.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Vanilla wrote:
I need to get something done. Rolling Eyes


You could invest in some noise cancelling headphones. This might actually make them realize that they are loud too, because every time you sit down to concentrate you put on the big headphones... they will also know not to bother you during that time -- FYI. Check out Bose. If you get the right pair, then you can still actually hear everything around you... even a whisper, but you can set the noise level at which you don't hear the noise. They are great... someone can whisper next to you and you hear it great, and then someone fires a gun and you don't hear it. Pretty neat.

I have moments luckily. Sometimes I can't stand the noise, and other times it doesn't bother me. Just depends on how frustrated I am actually. If deadlines are close and I'm frustrated then I'm not very appreciative of being interrupted, and I can be a little mean, but normally I don't respond irrationally to what the person or kitten expects of me. Mostly it's my kitten who sometimes comes to me and finds me not in the mood to deal with her attention hording.
I have the same problem. I've been using ear plugs most of the time so this idea of yours ICT seems to be just the right thing for me too. Do you know which model Bose it is?

I agree with Vanilla. My best hours are also the night owl ones for the very same reason. I also find that having some sort of background noise such as a TV or music is helpful from the point that it directs the attention to something that drowns out the irritating noises. For example there would be kids playing ball against a wall nearby having real loud thumping going on. So I try and focus my attention on a different more compatible noise. The Bose head phones sound like a much better idea however. Got me excited as well. Great to have you around ICT. Cool
IceCreamTruck
Dean, you're awesome! I've always wanted to invest in Bose headphones, but never have. Check out the ones made for gun ranges... they are meant to be worn while hunting. those will have noise sensitivity, but you'll still be able to really hear everything around you... you can probably even turn the volume up on the sounds that you do want to hear (not recommended) but a useful trick in combination with noise cancelling that would prevent ear damage.
Vanilla
Woa ICT, the headphones are already in my wishlist! The thing I'm worried about is how expensive these phones tend to be in my country (like every technology related thing). But it's a good investment though. Since I'm not living with my mom anymore I think that my noise-related problems would end, but guess what, I'm living with a very noisy room mate which is a night owl too. Hell. I really like her, but I guess I'll really need to buy the headphones...
IceCreamTruck
and some mild sleeping pills.
deanhills
Vanilla wrote:
Woa ICT, the headphones are already in my wishlist! The thing I'm worried about is how expensive these phones tend to be in my country (like every technology related thing). But it's a good investment though. Since I'm not living with my mom anymore I think that my noise-related problems would end, but guess what, I'm living with a very noisy room mate which is a night owl too. Hell. I really like her, but I guess I'll really need to buy the headphones...
Or put a sedative in her milk. Tackle the noise right at its roots. Haha .... Twisted Evil
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
Tackle the noise right at its roots. Haha .... Twisted Evil


this reminds me, again, of the kids chew-able Valium commercial ... it's on youtube for sure.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Tackle the noise right at its roots. Haha .... Twisted Evil


this reminds me, again, of the kids chew-able Valium commercial ... it's on youtube for sure.
Haha .... just checked to find chew-able Valiums. And found this instead:

IceCreamTruck
Dean, you have made this a day to remember! I'm so grossed out... I don't even want to watch it!

EDIT: You know I did! Yuck! Smile
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Dean, you have made this a day to remember! I'm so grossed out... I don't even want to watch it!

EDIT: You know I did! Yuck! Smile
I'm grossed out too. Zapped.

365427417
I am willing to work in the morning
bluepig83
I used to start work at 9am, b/c I liked the idea of being able to sleep in a little bit. But then I usually end up leaving the office between 6pm and 7:30pm, and by the time I get home, I don't have much time for much else after dinner.

So I've decided I'd start work earlier at 8am, and I feel that one hour makes a difference in the day.
grofet
i work from 7.30 am to 4.30 pm and im also work on my website projects at night.
masterekat
10-11am to 6-7pm would be ideal for me. It'd allow me to stay up late working on my own stuff because then I wouldn't have to wake up so early to go to work.
ist-olga
I like to work on my own projects from 9am till 10am. Then work till 5pm and then again my project from 10pm. Fun?
Hello_World
12pm until 12am. I find it much easier to wake up at 9:30, even when I have the same amount of sleep, than I do at 4am. Early in the morning, I always feel like I am dragging myself out bed, 9:30 is just so much more natural. On the other hand, doing a late shift such as that means I do not share any time with my partner, except to crawl into bed with his sleeping self.
deanhills
I'd probably do well with starting early, take a long siesta like they do in Spain and Italy, then resume late afternoon until early evening. That way have the main meal at lunch in a leisurely fashion as well as proper rest before the next session.

We work long hours, and I usually find that the portion after lunch time is when productivity takes a huge dip.
mshafiq
mostly what i am doing is The first hour of the work day is the best time to priorities my things and to focus on what i absolutely need to complete.Make a list, or simply update privesily made list and try to stick to it. However if there is some thing very important, then it’s OK i can change its priorities within reason,
Arrive on time.this is very important but some don’t realize.if you are late it will have bed impact on your whole day.if you are in time it will help you to set your lots of work.this is my habit to be on time.
after making a list of thing i will try to focus on it
Related topics
Runescape - OFFICIAL THREAD
How much time do u spend on computer?
Pirated Software : What if we can't afford original ones
Capital Punishment
Why do you play computer games? Are you addicted?
intro-takeit
ENERGY DRINKS
ARE VIDEO GAMES BAD FOR OUR CHILDREN??
How much TV do u watch per day???
How long do you stay on the computer?
Who Was Your 1st Kiss?
Driver's License
Toxic substance in BEAD Toy :(
Need twenty hours of work a week
How do you relieve stress after work?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Jobs and Learning

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.